Organizers of the Los Angeles Boat Show—set for Feb. 9-12 at the L.A. Convention Center—are hoping to lure attendees to the event with a variety of stunt and novelty performers.
The 56-year-old show, which features hundreds of boats and thousands of accessories, will offer the following attractions at the 2012 installment:
• World knife-throwing champion Jack Daggar, who will perform his knife-throwing stunts Friday, Saturday and Sunday. (More info at jackdagger.com).
• America’s Got Talent finalist Jeremy Vanschoonhoven, whose high-flying stunt bike performances will amaze showgoers while encouraging kids to live tobacco and drug free—and to wear helmets when riding. He performs Thursday, Friday and Saturday at various times.
• For the second year in a row, attendees can take a walk in the "Bubble Roller" Water Balls, which allows you to walk, run, jump and roll on a large indoor pool.
• Teen sailing sensation Abby Sunderland will sign autographs, books and DVDs while talking with attendees about her efforts to become the youngest to sail solo around the world. Abby will appear on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
• Hooters sponsors a Wing-Eating Contest, in which contestants compete on Saturday at 3 p.m. It's hosted by 93.1 Jack-FM, and the Hooters Girls will judge.
• The Rocker Girls of the 95.5 KLOS "Cool Patrol" will visit the boat show Friday from 5-7 p.m.
• Radio Disney will turn in a live appearance, with games and prizes for the kids on Saturday from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The show is produced by the Southern California Marine Association (SCMA). For more information and show times, please visit LosAngelesBoatShow.com.