No Poker Poker run this weekend
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 64

Thread:
No Poker Poker run this weekend

  1. #1
    Senior Member Cat Sass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Posts
    468

    Default No Poker Poker run this weekend

    This weekend- Sunday 9-4-11
    we are having the annual "No Poker-Poker run" on the Sacramento River.

    Loosely organized, we will meet up on the American River in the morning and raft up for a while with the big boats. Somewhere between 11 and noon we will head out to Swabbies, Virgin Sturgeon, and maybe Scott's Seafood for the afternoon.

    Good fun, all boats are welcome to join in, and it's free. I believe there will be t-shirts for sale, and I also heard a rumor that there will be a radar gun in the bunch if anyone wants to do radar runs on the run up to Swabbies.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    BANDAID DUDE! HiMark Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, California, United States
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Sass View Post
    This weekend- Sunday 9-4-11
    we are having the annual "No Poker-Poker run" on the Sacramento River.

    Loosely organized, we will meet up on the American River in the morning and raft up for a while with the big boats. Somewhere between 11 and noon we will head out to Swabbies, Virgin Sturgeon, and maybe Scott's Seafood for the afternoon.

    Good fun, all boats are welcome to join in, and it's free. I believe there will be t-shirts for sale, and I also heard a rumor that there will be a radar gun in the bunch if anyone wants to do radar runs on the run up to Swabbies.

    We launched out of Discovery Park yesterday and some homeless guy told us about this run..also told us about the Radar gun..

    decisions, decisions..
    "When you see the tree you're about to hit, it's called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it's called over steer."

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiMark Racing View Post
    We launched out of Discovery Park yesterday and some homeless guy told us about this run..also told us about the Radar gun..decisions, decisions..
    That wasn't a homeless guy, that was Acatitude.

  5. #4
    BANDAID DUDE! HiMark Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, California, United States
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limelight951 View Post
    That wasn't a homeless guy, that was Acatitude.

    Shoot, then I want my quarter back!
    "When you see the tree you're about to hit, it's called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it's called over steer."

  6. #5
    ptc
    ptc is offline
    Senior Member ptc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sacramento Area
    Posts
    2,904

    Default

    Anybody got an open seat???? Would love to get out there on the river this weekend.

  7. #6
    BANDAID DUDE! HiMark Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, California, United States
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptc View Post
    Anybody got an open seat???? Would love to get out there on the river this weekend.
    If I decide to commit..your more than welcome to join me again. I'll have the Colester.
    "When you see the tree you're about to hit, it's called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it's called over steer."

  8. #7
    ptc
    ptc is offline
    Senior Member ptc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sacramento Area
    Posts
    2,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiMark Racing View Post
    If I decide to commit..your more than welcome to join me again. I'll have the Colester.
    Cool Let me know, you got my number just call and I will meet up with ya to help launch and all.

  9. #8
    Never Enough Napanutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vacaville,Ca
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limelight951 View Post
    That wasn't a homeless guy, that was Acatitude.
    Oh that's fukin funny! I'm still laughing. yea he's gotten a few laughs at my expense I'm taking advantage!

  10. #9
    Never Enough Napanutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vacaville,Ca
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limelight951 View Post
    That wasn't a homeless guy, that was Acatitude.
    Gonna be there for no poker run?

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Napanutt View Post
    Gonna be there for no poker run?
    I'm thinking about it. Are you guys going?

  12. #11
    Never Enough Napanutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vacaville,Ca
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limelight951 View Post
    I'm thinking about it. Are you guys going?
    On the fence. Rob and Todd and Chris are gonna be there and they're busting my balls! If we do we'll launch at Miller, Discovery=cluster fuck.

  13. #12
    BANDAID DUDE! HiMark Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, California, United States
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Is there a better place up there to launch?? I did Discovery Park the other day and can only imagine its gonna be busy..The one next to Swabbies is a joke..they put the dock on the wrong side..you have to fight the current to get to the dock..What other choices are there besides "Stay home"??
    "When you see the tree you're about to hit, it's called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it's called over steer."

  14. #13
    Never Enough Napanutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vacaville,Ca
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiMark Racing View Post
    Is there a better place up there to launch?? I did Discovery Park the other day and can only imagine its gonna be busy..The one next to Swabbies is a joke..they put the dock on the wrong side..you have to fight the current to get to the dock..What other choices are there besides "Stay home"??
    Miller park is just a few miles south of Discovery. Heard the parking lot isn't overnight friendly but a decent ramp though.

  15. #14
    BANDAID DUDE! HiMark Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, California, United States
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Back in..looks like the clan is launching between 9-10 Discovery.
    Last edited by HiMark Racing; 09-03-2011 at 06:09 PM.
    "When you see the tree you're about to hit, it's called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it's called over steer."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91