for the blower gurus...roots vs roots vs screw
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 100

Thread:
for the blower gurus...roots vs roots vs screw

  1. #1
    Senior Member racinjason65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    239

    Default for the blower gurus...roots vs roots vs screw

    What direct drive blower will produce the most power? I'm looking for input for my next build. I now have a Blower Shop 14-71 billet blower, I know it's not the most efficient, but I'd like to get opinions about swapping it on the next build for a Hampton 14-71 (billet 2 lobe) a Whipple 8.3 or a PSI..... Engine will be 600+ CID with an Imco SCX-4.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member RiverDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Carlsbad CA
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    I am looking forward to watching this thread!! Of the right guys get involved its gonna get interesting for sure!
    Patience is a Virtue

  4. #3
    Senior Member ap67et10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chico, Ca
    Posts
    1,494

    Default

    ......centrifugal!

  5. #4
    Senior Member EdonShano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arroyo Grande
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ap67et10 View Post
    ......centrifugal!
    go with the PSI....we've raced with both the Whipple and PSI (both cars and boats) Liked the PSI much better...but for our Daytona we're going with the Blower shop piece..with fuel injection..
    Formally know as UNFORGIVEN...

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Castaic
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Is PSI screw too? What did you like better?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Senior Member wagspe208's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    PSI... less hp loss to turn. Less heat in the air mixture. Bad ass!
    A blower shop piece looks cooler, though.
    Wags

  8. #7
    Senior Member wizbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, WA
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wagspe208 View Post
    PSI... less hp loss to turn. Less heat in the air mixture. Bad ass!
    A blower shop piece looks cooler, though.
    Wags
    When I grow up, I want a billet PSI ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Billet Screw Front.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	155589   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Billet Screw Rear Side.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	155590   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Billet Screw Top Rotors.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	155591   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Billet Screw Rear.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	155592   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Billet Screw Top.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	155593  


  9. #8
    Senior Member Marcsrollin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    El Cajon , Ca
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wizbang View Post
    When I grow up, I want a billet PSI ?

    I need to change my underware now , thanks!
    No matter how good she looks , someone is tired of her shit!

  10. #9
    Senior Member whiskeybent hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    arroyo grande ca
    Posts
    163

    Default Hampton 2 lobe

    Quote Originally Posted by racinjason65 View Post
    What direct drive blower will produce the most power? I'm looking for input for my next build. I now have a Blower Shop 14-71 billet blower, I know it's not the most efficient, but I'd like to get opinions about swapping it on the next build for a Hampton 14-71 (billet 2 lobe) a Whipple 8.3 or a PSI..... Engine will be 600+ CID with an Imco SCX-4.
    I was told alan johnson built a four lobe blower years ago. The whole idea was to cut down on pulsing. Im not sure if the design was outlawed or didn't work, but to my knowlege he never manufactured them. The pulsing idea makes me wonder about the hampton 2 lobe. Im heading down to don hamptons shop in a week to pick up my new 14-71. Hopefully I can pick his brain on the 2 lobe. It sounds like a great idea. More cubic inches of air per revolution with a smaller blower equals less heat and power loss, and no stripping maintanence. I think the ONLY reason you don't see them around is because its kind of a bastered child that isn't allowed in most racing organizations rule book. Hampton is the the man, not only does he say it works but he guarantees it on his web page. Kinda hard to argue with that....PSI is the shit but its gonna break the bank.....$10,000 plus?? I say get the 2 lobe, be different,.... and let us all know how it works !!!-whiskey

  11. #10
    Senior Member EdonShano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arroyo Grande
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wizbang View Post
    When I grow up, I want a billet PSI ?
    that is a REAL NICE PIECE!
    Formally know as UNFORGIVEN...

  12. #11
    Senior Member EdonShano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arroyo Grande
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whiskeybent hondo View Post
    I was told alan johnson built a four lobe blower years ago. The whole idea was to cut down on pulsing. Im not sure if the design was outlawed or didn't work, but to my knowlege he never manufactured them. The pulsing idea makes me wonder about the hampton 2 lobe. Im heading down to don hamptons shop in a week to pick up my new 14-71. Hopefully I can pick his brain on the 2 lobe. It sounds like a great idea. More cubic inches of air per revolution with a smaller blower equals less heat and power loss, and no stripping maintanence. I think the ONLY reason you don't see them around is because its kind of a bastered child that isn't allowed in most racing organizations rule book. Hampton is the the man, not only does he say it works but he guarantees it on his web page. Kinda hard to argue with that....PSI is the shit but its gonna break the bank.....$10,000 plus?? I say get the 2 lobe, be different,.... and let us all know how it works !!!-whiskey
    you buying your Uncles Daytona????
    Formally know as UNFORGIVEN...

  13. #12
    Senior Member TTspectra20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Bay of L.A. CA.
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wizbang View Post
    when i grow up, i want a billet psi ?
    wow!

  14. #13
    Senior Member wagspe208's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    A man admits when he is wrong. That BILLET CASE PSI is cooler than a blower shop piece.
    BUT I love my blower shop 10. They support us boat guys a bunch. They helped sponsor me last year. Great guys. Great service.
    I'd go blower shop.
    Wags

  15. #14
    Senior Member wizbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, WA
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    We use a Blower Shop on the K,,,, they are a very nice piece !

    I need a second one for the spare engine ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91