Well, my last road trip went so well I decided to drive to Indy and attend the IMIS trade show. It was in their convention center. Much more reasonable in size than the PRI. Still way to much stock car stuff.
Here is what I learned:
1) The Manton pushrod guys know some shit. I had no idea. I'm under pushrodded... as are most of us old school 3/8 guys. Great guys. Bad asses. Very willing to help with info/ tech stuff. I enjoyed talking with them and will do business with them in the future. Even for my little 750 open pressure piece.
2) The new Weld dually wheels are bad a$$. They come in 17 x 6.5 and 19.5 x ??. Did I mention they are awe$ome? Bitchin! New!
3) Cometic has a new head gasket out specifically for high cylinder pressure aplications. IE Nitrous/ blown. It has 4 layers instead of the standard 3 layers. The 4th adds a SS ring to help the seal around the bore. I will buy a set and toss them on. (No, I won't go back to the torch 6 or 8 cylinders tuneup LOL)
4) Goodson has a newer guide honing setup out. It is specifically for hard guides. Thick wall bronze, even chilled iron or WTF he said. Diamond style abrasive. I have used the sunnen stuff for years. The weak point with the sunnen hone has always been the mandrel. It is pretty easy to tweak if you use to much pressure. The goodson mandrels are much more beefy. No, I am not changing. BUT if I was looking for a system I may consider this over the sunnen. .
5) When the hot chic asks "Would you like me to sign a calendar for you?" The proper response is NOT "Nah, but I would not pass on a blow job if you are offering." (OK, this is a joke, but really... grown men standing in line to get some broad to sign a poster or calendar)
Oh, yes.. I left the weapons at home. Still scared. LOL