im just curious....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 17

Thread:
im just curious....

  1. #1
    I'm No Expert Shaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    San Clemente, Ca
    Posts
    3,116

    Default im just curious....

    Just wondering... Am i the only one who's boat turns into a gas station during the winter for things like bikes, go karts, fires, ant killer, etc

    Was this way since i can remember, even when my parents owned the boat i can remember siphoning fuel out of it for the lawn mower and my gokart

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member 81bahner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canyon Country
    Posts
    104

    Default no kidding

    lol, my moterhome got 30 gal of 91 this winter....

  4. #3
    blown mopar moparjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    manassas,va
    Posts
    339

    Default

    GUILTY...log spliter and tracter and car lol
    throw it in reverse

  5. #4
    BTC cardcarrying member SuperSoaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    I fill mine up at the end of summer and buy spring it is empty.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Widetrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southwest corner AR
    Posts
    4,044

    Default

    Electric pumps make it too easy! LOL! And a store all also!

  7. #6
    Glendale Arizona Squirtcha?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glendale Arizona
    Posts
    2,309

    Default

    I try to refrain. Since it's premium and I'm cheap, I'll make the trip to the station and fill up one of my ten or so fuel cans for the lawn mower, string trimmer, bike etc..

    Not to mention this is the state of year round boating.

    I have to admit I've been surprised by my daughter a time or two. Who knew she could even siphon. All that premium in her 96 Chevy Cavalier. What a waste.

  8. #7
    Carrera Elite 20.5 AzEliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mesa Az...
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtcha? View Post
    I try to refrain. Since it's premium and I'm cheap, I'll make the trip to the station and fill up one of my ten or so fuel cans for the lawn mower, string trimmer, bike etc..

    Not to mention this is the state of year round boating.

    I have to admit I've been surprised by my daughter a time or two. Who knew she could even siphon. All that premium in her 96 Chevy Cavalier. What a waste.
    ........

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14

    Default

    man sounds like we are all busted, I thought i was the only one!

  10. #9
    Got to get In da Wind NdaWind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Me too but I use 89 in the boat, may as well use it up before it goes bad. Lawnmower, weed wacker, quads, tree trimmer, etc. etc....

  11. #10
    JetBoat Marine Parts&Svc jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    6,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Just wondering... Am i the only one who's boat turns into a gas station during the winter for things like bikes, go karts, fires, ant killer, etc

    Was this way since i can remember, even when my parents owned the boat i can remember siphoning fuel out of it for the lawn mower and my gokart

    Cant say that I havent done that at home but my Video surveillance system also "says" the night prowlin tweekers use my "beaters" in the outside parking at the shop for a frikken fuel Depot

  12. #11
    Senior Member Delemorte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC.
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    Cant say that I havent done that at home but my Video surveillance system also "says" the night prowlin tweekers use my "beaters" in the outside parking at the shop for a frikken fuel Depot

    this is why one needs a large bad ass dog.

  13. #12
    JetBoat Marine Parts&Svc jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    6,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delemorte View Post
    this is why one needs a large bad ass dog.
    Hey maybe we could use a Bad A$$ dog to replace the sleepy security guard ? re the useing ones boat gas over the layup wonder how leaded race gas would do in my Sears lawn tractor ??

  14. #13
    I'm No Expert Shaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    San Clemente, Ca
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    jetboatperformance, lol guilty, when i was a kid i would go around my block siphoning cars fuel and sell it to my friends brother.. That was back when fuel was around 1.50 a gallon though. I'd be pist to find sombody doing that to me now... shit we do when we're kids....

    Squirtcha, Ya does suck knowing i'm sucking out 91 but honestly i would rather suck it out during the winter so that i dont have bad fuel when summer rolls around. I suppose i could add a additive to keep the fuel from going bad... Maybe thats just my excuse?

    Widetrack, Electric pumps!!!!! pshhh.... you have to do it the ghetto way and siphone it out... Nothing like that first siphone of the winter when you think the hose is longer than it is and you get a mouth full of gas!!!

  15. #14
    Senior Member Delemorte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC.
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    Hey maybe we could use a Bad A$$ dog to replace the sleepy security guard ? re the useing ones boat gas over the layup wonder how leaded race gas would do in my Sears lawn tractor ??
    ill take a big ass dog over a sleepy security guard any day. at least the dog never takes a break... below is my guard dog.





    Seeing that inside the house keeps the tweakers and crack heads away.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90