had some problems with the piston rings. i had no champher left after block was bored over .100. these ring compressors didn't work. i wound up getting a solid tapered 1size fits only 1 size type from summit that worked great.
i had the dampener sized & it was too tight still. the washer cupped in & i never did get it on all the way last time . so i mixed some bearing lube with the anti-seize to make it extra slick which worked out well. i iced the crank down & put the dampener in the oven on a low setting & checked it with the laser temp gun to make sure the rubber wouldn't get too hot. i think i got it to 160* if i remember right. barely got it on all the way & the new washer cupped too. it was a mr. gasket i believe . well i ordered the one from arp to put on now.
checked the piston to valve clearance after grinding on the pistons & had the 1/2 studs put in to get rid of all the helicoils.( i was getting water in the oil a little more than should have been )also ground all the bolts on the inside of the intake ports to flow better
the waistegate adapters they sent me were hideous,one welded on flange was mild steel & the rest was stainless. so i cut the mild steel off & made my own as i couldn't find any around,also did some minor changes to the adapters
more pics. i have never welded stainless before. I noticed the new helmet doesn't work as good as the old one i have . i was pretty much blind as soon as i started welding 2-3 second welds hoping i was on track
more plumbing pics. see how i install the fittings ,even the aluminum wrenches mark up the fittings so when they are brand new i install them like this. its about the only thing this china made extension is good for i think i might put the turbo oil filter in this location .it will be out of sight here (below the back of the boat ) .