I have a 2003 21' Aftershock Tornado with a Merc 350MAG and Bravo 1 drive. The engine has a 100 hours on it and the previous owner put a new impeller and thermostat in last season and I just had all the fluids and filters changed Memorial Day.
My problem is is that when my engine is NOT running there is a pretty steady drip comming from the sea water pump. Its enough that it kicks on my auto bilge about every hour. When the engine IS running it doesnt leak.
My engine temp maybe gets to about 175 if im running at WOT for awhile but cools right back down to about 160 or so and the manifolds are warm to the touch but not hot, you could keep your hand on them as long as you wanted without getting burned. Also, theres plenty of water comming out the exhaust so i know the actual impeller is good.
I guess my question's are:
1. Is this normal? (im guessing not)
2. Could it be just the gasket or is the casing itself thats cracked/warped?
3. Is this something i can fix myself or should i let a pro do it?
4. Have any of you out there had this same problem before?
5. And finally, is this something i should get fixed right away, like before the next time i take the boat out? (i use it almost every weekend when its nice out)
I appreciate any and all comments and advice, thanks!!!