[Question] Open bow mod? Doable?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread:
Open bow mod? Doable?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default Open bow mod? Doable?

    Considering an open bow mod to this boat...
    Thoughts? Advice? Yes paint /interior are already budgeted... New 455 already placed...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	179921  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member SuperJet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    661 So. Cal.
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Short answer.... Yes you can do it. Are you familiar with doing glass work? That project is not for the novice. You will need to cut your hole in the bow, then build a frame work to support what is left. My advice is to make the boat a mid cabin and not a walk through. Keep the strength of the "bubble" ahead of the dash.


    Sent from that vibrating thing In your pocket using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by cordog009 View Post
    Nitrous is like a really hot chick with an STD...you know you wanna hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJet View Post
    Short answer.... Yes you can do it. Are you familiar with doing glass work? That project is not for the novice. You will need to cut your hole in the bow, then build a frame work to support what is left. My advice is to make the boat a mid cabin and not a walk through. Keep the strength of the "bubble" ahead of the dash.


    Sent from that vibrating thing In your pocket using Tapatalk
    I like that advice... Meeting with my glass guy tonight!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member SuperJet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    661 So. Cal.
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkennady View Post
    I like that advice... Meeting with my glass guy tonight!
    Very cool... Be sure to start a build thread on the conversion.
    Quote Originally Posted by cordog009 View Post
    Nitrous is like a really hot chick with an STD...you know you wanna hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93