rub rail for 1970 kona
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 20

Thread:
rub rail for 1970 kona

  1. #1
    Junior Member 2gunTommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9

    Default rub rail for 1970 kona

    So I just bought my 1st boat, meaning I don't know jack abt boats. At all. But I bought my boat and it didn't come with a rub rail. But from the pix iv seen on google or internet, idk if people use rub rails on a jet boat. But I need one for docking up to other boats and a dock. I just used bumpers the other weekend tied up to a buddys boat and it scratched up the sides.
    I don't know if rub rails are specific for each boat, or which one would look good with my boat and good place that sells rub rails.
    Last edited by 2gunTommy; 06-20-2015 at 11:26 AM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Mr. Denton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Austin? This is your neighbor Greg, white Bezer. Try just posting direct to the Jet Boat section. These areas never seam to get much traffic.


    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”
    Using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Junior Member 2gunTommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Denton View Post
    Austin? This is your neighbor Greg, white Bezer. Try just posting direct to the Jet Boat section. These areas never seam to get much traffic.


    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”
    how do I move this thread?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    THE LEGEND Mouzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    corona ca
    Posts
    17,763

    Default

    if your boats nicely capped why do u want to put molding on it.......hang a bumper from your steering wheel and 1 from your motor or something..rub rail doesnt really do anything except hide the cap split.........post a pics of the new toy...mouz


    UNDER MENTAL HEALTH LOCK DOWN .....

    "TEAM MOUZER" ...........need a P.I ,body guard,fugitive recovery,stalker problem,cheating spouse.........pm mouzer

  7. #5
    Senior Member Mr. Denton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Mouzer, he lives down the street from me. From what I gathered the boat is at his dad's near Elsinore. Also he said there's holes where a rub rail was. I agree that the rail does little to nothing as far as protection, but if its got holes, he needs something.


    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”
    Using Tapatalk

  8. #6
    Senior Member Mr. Denton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    658

    Default

    http://m.overtons.com/search/Rub%20rail


    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”
    Using Tapatalk

  9. #7
    Senior Member Mr. Denton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    658

    Default

    http://www.westmarine.com/buy/taco--...24_724_001_004


    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”
    Using Tapatalk

  10. #8
    Junior Member 2gunTommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Denton View Post
    Mouzer, he lives down the street from me. From what I gathered the boat is at his dad's near Elsinore. Also he said there's holes where a rub rail was. I agree that the rail does little to nothing as far as protection, but if its got holes, he needs something.


    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”
    No actually I just bought the boat from Austin. And yes there is holes where the rub rail use to be. it looks so horrible.
    im just lost on the whole rub rail situation. isit gonna look tacky or can I paint to match, is it gonna look better to just bondo over the holes, etc. I don't know. so frustrating since iv never owned a boat.
    I did tie up to a buddys bowrider boat with 2 bumpers. stil got scratches.

  11. #9
    Bass Lake Dream'n "Flat" foot'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,082

    Default

    Rub rails can be a pain to put on, but it's not impossible. I think you'd be better off not using bondo or miss matched paint, go with a new rubrail. but either seeing it in person or posting pics would help.
    2halletts@gmail.com


    BLOWN GAS FLAT TO THE RAMP

    REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND

  12. #10
    Jackwagon Patrolman Rexone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Just an ordinary non wall street fat-cat non Washington insider American in San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    11,630
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2gunTommy View Post
    No actually I just bought the boat from Austin. And yes there is holes where the rub rail use to be. it looks so horrible.
    im just lost on the whole rub rail situation. isit gonna look tacky or can I paint to match, is it gonna look better to just bondo over the holes, etc. I don't know. so frustrating since iv never owned a boat.
    I did tie up to a buddys bowrider boat with 2 bumpers. stil got scratches.
    I have a wide variety of rubrail. I'd be happy to speak with you about it and answer any questions I can. Just email me at sales@rexmar.com.

  13. #11
    Junior Member 2gunTommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1434891597639.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	749666

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

  14. #12
    Junior Member 2gunTommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9

    Default



    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

  15. #13
    Junior Member 2gunTommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9

    Default


    Here are a few pics. Them holes look great lol

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

  16. #14
    Junior Member 2gunTommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Rexone, can rubrails be painted to match?

    If I decided not to do a rubrail, how would I fill in the gap and holes were its capped?
    Thanks

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93