Posted in the jet section too...
I'm looking for a top notch fiberglass/gel shop. I'd like top quality work at a reasonable price from a place that really knows their stuff.
Someone mentioned Pat's Fiberglass. Any experiences there or other recommendations? Nobody local to me seems to fit the bill, so I'm planning on a road trip to wherever the work is done and I won't be able to stop by and check in while the boat is there.
The boat is a mid '80's hand laid Eliminator 18SS splash. Here's what I'd like to have done:
- Full length stringers replaced and finished with the intent to leave them exposed
- Thru transom exhaust holes filled
- Fuel fill holes filled
- Various small holes from ski racks, running lights, etc filled
- Capped (hull to deck joint is butt construction)
- Interior edges smoothed
- Fix some crazing in the gel around the fuel fill holes and bulkheads
- Gel bilge and inside of transom
- Bottom has been blueprinted with Jack at MPD overseeing the work, but it's been quite a few years and I'd like to have it checked and touched up as needed
- Gel is in excellent condition overall, but I'd want all the new work to blend flawlessly and the boat to be in like new condition.
I realize this isn't going to be cheap, but with the cost of a brand new bare hull around $8500 bucks I'd like to be a ways under that. I'd appreciate any suggestions or feedback. Feel free to PM me.