So I have decided to get a fully prepared list of things that I feel will be necessary in the event of a major disaster, earthquake, civil unrest, attack on the U.S. etc...You know the basic survival kit on steroids. I know there are some good rednecks on the site who can help me plan and give me ideas on what to have in my survival kit for my family. Please leave the beer and peanut jokes till the end. Here is my list so far and the * identifies things that I want to get when money allows.
1. 360 MRE's
2. 25 gallons of water
3. extensive first aid pack
4. .223 rifle, .308 rifle, shotgun and 3 handguns and replacement parts such as bolt carriers etc. 4,000 plus rounds of ammo
5. 10K cash and/or 10K gold
6. batteries, flashlights, rope, radios, duct tape, hand tools, knives, etc...
7. cold weather gear, tent
8. spare clothes
9. * Honda generator
10. binoculars and night vision
11. additional back packs to carry gear
12 *satellite phone
13. keeping my truck always at least 1/2 full with gas
This is just my preliminary list but would love to get input from serious survivalists and what else is necessary. i would like to have 2 months minimum capabilities.
Crazy? maybe, but stay ready you don't have to get ready...