Obama's answer to high gas prices
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 38

Thread:
Obama's answer to high gas prices

  1. #1
    Senior Member 2Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,278

    Default Obama's answer to high gas prices

    This just in...

    "I'll make oil companies like Exxon pay a tax on their windfall profits, and we'll use the money to help families pay for their skyrocketing energy costs and other bills," the Illinois senator said.


  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Sean5474's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Yerington, Nevada
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Won't that just make the price go up?
    Keep Lahontan Brown

  4. #3
    Senior Member Big Warlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    3,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Driver View Post
    This just in...

    "I'll make oil companies like Exxon pay a tax on their windfall profits, and we'll use the money to help families pay for their skyrocketing energy costs and other bills," the Illinois senator said.

    Apparently he hasn't spoken with the Honorable (but focking stupid) Maxine Waters regarding Nationalization!!

  5. #4
    Member LakeTrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Shreveport, La
    Posts
    82

    Default

    One would think that anybody who thinks he (she or whatever) is smart enough to be the president of the United States would be smart enough to know that corporations do not pay taxes. Taxes are just another cost of doing business which gets passed along to "you know who".

    LT

  6. #5
    Senior Member Big Warlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    3,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeTrash View Post
    One would think that anybody who thinks he (she or whatever) is smart enough to be the president of the United States would be smart enough to know that corporations do not pay taxes. Taxes are just another cost of doing business which gets passed along to "you know who".

    LT
    WOW really? Corporations don't pay taxes? Hmmmmm, do you own one? An accountant maybe? CPA? Do you understand the tax code?

    Just curious.
    Last edited by Big Warlock; 06-09-2008 at 04:19 PM. Reason: spelling

  7. #6
    Senior Member Mark49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Very So Cal and Havasu City
    Posts
    194

    Default

    You got to be shittin' this shows his lack of research and knowledge..
    What a dumb fluck

    We should be drillin’ domestic oil like a 2 dollar crack whore
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mark49; 06-09-2008 at 08:44 PM.

  8. #7
    Senior Member 2Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean5474 View Post
    Won't that just make the price go up?
    Exactly, oil companies, as I would will just toss on a 25 cents a gallon hike and at $4.50 - $5.00 we'll never find it.

    Then, everyone that has lived on welfare their whole life will get a monthly token for $50 worth of free gas for which they will trade on the street for crack. The system will get corrupt and those running the program will be found guilty of mismanaging the gas tokens not to mention the counterfeit gas tokens.

  9. #8
    @ The Islander OutCole'd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    4,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeTrash View Post
    One would think that anybody who thinks he (she or whatever) is smart enough to be the president of the United States would be smart enough to know that corporations do not pay taxes. Taxes are just another cost of doing business which gets passed along to "you know who".

    LT
    Serious?? I'm calling my CPA right now & firing the guy. I've been paying a fortune in taxes all this time. I wish I knew I didn't have to pay taxes.
    <img src=http://www.performanceboats.com//signaturepics/sigpic640_1.gif border=0 alt= />

  10. #9
    Senior Member Big Warlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    3,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Driver View Post
    Exactly, oil companies, as I would will just toss on a 25 cents a gallon hike and at $4.50 - $5.00 we'll never find it.

    Then, everyone that has lived on welfare their whole life will get a monthly token for $50 worth of free gas for which they will trade on the street for crack. The system will get corrupt and those running the program will be found guilty of mismanaging the gas tokens not to mention the counterfeit gas tokens.
    Can we go back to having welfare receipients (sp?) having to pee test before collecting their checks? I liked that one. Alot!

  11. #10
    Senior Member 500BBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CIUDAD MEXICO NORTE
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    That clown is a dumb azz socialist trolling for the loser vote.

    "If you have nothing, I will steal from those that do and give it it to you!"

    Vote B O the Wright Racist Candidate!

  12. #11
    Senior Member 500BBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CIUDAD MEXICO NORTE
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Warlock View Post
    WOW really? Corporations don't pay taxes? Hmmmmm, do you own one? An accountant maybe? CPA? Do you understand the tax code?

    Just curious.

    He's saying the tax will be passed on to us, the consumer.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    40

    Default

    I believe the point LT was attempting to make is that corporations don't have a money tree marked "Taxes" that they go pluck dollar bills from in order to pay their taxes. Assessing oil companies windfall profit taxes will simply result in the cost of that tax being passed along to the consumer in the form of higher prices at the pump. Obama's plan would result in a redistribution of wealth from those who use more fuel to those that use less with the oil companies acting as a middle man to broker the deal.

  14. #13
    Senior Member 2Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Warlock View Post
    Can we go back to having welfare receipients (sp?) having to pee test before collecting their checks?
    Yes, let's start with those that refuse to leave the Katrina RV trailers.

  15. #14
    Senior Member Big Warlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    3,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Driver View Post
    Yes, let's start with those that refuse to leave the Katrina RV trailers.
    Ha ha ha ha!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93