New Lake House
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread:
New Lake House

  1. #1
    Administrator Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Locust Grove, OK
    Posts
    5,913

    Default New Lake House

    The dry stacked rock is definately an aquired appreciation. one of these days it might be actually completed.

    Dug these rocks up excavating the basement. Spend countless weekends breaking, washing and piling them up.

    I really did'nt care for the rustic unfinished look at first but it is beginning to grow on me.

    The brick guys did a good job with them. Got lucky that the colors blended pretty well. if anything else has a contrast of texture.















  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    ....like warm apple pie RaceFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mission Viejo
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    I think it looks pretty bitchen! Nice work!
    Race

  4. #3
    Senior Member Hallett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lakehavasu az
    Posts
    883

    Default

    Looking good Ron. looks like you have some good help to to keep you motivated

  5. #4
    Colts fan & Stoker owner RitcheyRch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Santa Clarita Valley
    Posts
    7,946

    Default

    I like the rustic look
    www.facebook.com/RitcheyRch

    "I didn't pay them for sex, I paid them to leave"
    Charlie Sheen

    Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, hauling it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Not So Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    3,559

    Default

    Are you saying the masons actually cut the stone into pieces that fit into your brick scheme, wow, thats hard to find these days what with all the cultured stone products out there, it looks good. The mantle piece could be dressed up though couldnt it, sort of plain, just an idea. keep posting pics OK?
    What lake are you on?? NSF
    CHARGERS ROCK !!!!

  7. #6
    Senior Member Baja Big Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    2,434

    Default

    There just no substitute for talent!!

  8. #7
    Broke mo fo djunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lomita, Ca./ Havasu
    Posts
    3,184

    Default

    Wow that place looks sweet!!!!!!

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    Wow that place looks sweet!!!!!!
    And it's only a couple hours away from my house. I'm gonna show up with a six pack of Old Milwaukee Light as a housewarming gift and stay the month of June!!

  10. #9
    8anned ChumpChange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Claremont, CA
    Posts
    4,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not So Fast View Post
    The mantle piece could be dressed up though couldnt it, sort of plain, just an idea. keep posting pics OK?
    And maybe putting in some carpet or tile. Maybe finishing your walls and putting paint on them too. Take that sticker off the new window.

    Lookin good man. Lookin good.
    Don't argue with idiots....they'll just bring you down to their level then beat you with experience!

  11. #10
    Administrator Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Locust Grove, OK
    Posts
    5,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not So Fast View Post
    Are you saying the masons actually cut the stone into pieces that fit into your brick scheme, wow, thats hard to find these days what with all the cultured stone products out there, it looks good. The mantle piece could be dressed up though couldnt it, sort of plain, just an idea. keep posting pics OK?
    What lake are you on?? NSF
    They chipped every one of them by hand with hammers. No cutting. Stood there chipped away and put them in place.

    LOL the mantle will be stained to match the cabinets. After painting the walls, hardwood floors, peeling stickers off windows.

    Ft, Gibson Lake

  12. #11
    Senior Member Not So Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    3,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infomaniac View Post
    They chipped every one of them by hand with hammers. No cutting. Stood there chipped away and put them in place.

    LOL the mantle will be stained to match the cabinets. After painting the walls, hardwood floors, peeling stickers off windows.

    Ft, Gibson Lake
    WOW, that old world for sure. Gonna be a pretty snazzy getaway, nice NSF
    CHARGERS ROCK !!!!

  13. #12
    Senior Member Hallett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lakehavasu az
    Posts
    883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rrrr View Post
    And it's only a couple hours away from my house. I'm gonna show up with a six pack of Old Milwaukee Light as a housewarming gift and stay the month of June!!
    LMAO

  14. #13
    Got Any Pix? RiverOtter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Of Nowhere
    Posts
    425

    Default

    nice place
    Everything in moderation... including moderation.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91