Is 2006 the last year GM they made the 8.1L suburban?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread:
Is 2006 the last year GM they made the 8.1L suburban?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Tank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hollywood Beach, Ca.
    Posts
    1,356

    Default Is 2006 the last year GM they made the 8.1L suburban?

    Did they not make a Chevy Suburban or GMC Yukon XL 2500 8.1L in 07?
    2012 Desert Storm Poker Run...Be apart of one of the largest poker run events in the country! April 24th - 38th 2011.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Jackwagon Patrolman Rexone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Just an ordinary non wall street fat-cat non Washington insider American in San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    11,409
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    06 I believe was the last year for 8.1 sub

  4. #3
    Senior Member Tank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hollywood Beach, Ca.
    Posts
    1,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    06 I believe was the last year for 8.1 sub
    That sucks!

    Thanks for the info Rex
    2012 Desert Storm Poker Run...Be apart of one of the largest poker run events in the country! April 24th - 38th 2011.

  5. #4
    Senior Member SKIA36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Did they not make a Chevy Suburban or GMC Yukon XL 2500 8.1L in 07?
    I thought the last year was 04...
    WFO, the only way to go!

  6. #5
    ERECT MEMBER GAZOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Upityland, CA
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    anyone know if they are gonna still put a smaller version of the duramax in the burbin? and when?
    [

  7. #6
    Senior Member Gravyboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Commieland
    Posts
    3,363

    Default

    GM Delays New 4.5-Liter Duramax V8



    GM is looking to conserve cash any way it can, so programs that might not be considered "core" projects are getting pushed aside. The latest casualty is the 4.5-liter Duramax V8, a light-duty diesel engine that was originally scheduled to become an option in the 2010 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra trucks.
    According to Automotive News, the program has been put on hold indefinitely. "We have to make tough decisions right now," said GM Powertrain spokeswoman Susan Garavaglia.
    The innovative engine design was hailed as a breakthrough when it was unveiled last year. "By using integral cylinder head exhaust manifolds, integral cam cover intake manifolds and a narrow cylinder block, designers saved space and reduced the engine's weight," said Gary Arvan, chief engineer for the 4.5-liter V8 diesel at the engine's introduction.

    Automotive News
    Freedom Without Authority is Anarchy.
    Authority Without Freedom is Tyranny

    “The trouble with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money”
    –Margaret Thatcher

  8. #7
    Senior Member Tank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hollywood Beach, Ca.
    Posts
    1,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    GM Delays New 4.5-Liter Duramax V8



    GM is looking to conserve cash any way it can, so programs that might not be considered "core" projects are getting pushed aside. The latest casualty is the 4.5-liter Duramax V8, a light-duty diesel engine that was originally scheduled to become an option in the 2010 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra trucks.
    According to Automotive News, the program has been put on hold indefinitely. "We have to make tough decisions right now," said GM Powertrain spokeswoman Susan Garavaglia.
    The innovative engine design was hailed as a breakthrough when it was unveiled last year. "By using integral cylinder head exhaust manifolds, integral cam cover intake manifolds and a narrow cylinder block, designers saved space and reduced the engine's weight," said Gary Arvan, chief engineer for the 4.5-liter V8 diesel at the engine's introduction.

    Automotive News
    That sucks!! This thread is just full of bad news for me
    2012 Desert Storm Poker Run...Be apart of one of the largest poker run events in the country! April 24th - 38th 2011.

  9. #8
    Senior Member NiceGuyEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    5,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    GM Delays New 4.5-Liter Duramax V8



    GM is looking to conserve cash any way it can, so programs that might not be considered "core" projects are getting pushed aside. The latest casualty is the 4.5-liter Duramax V8, a light-duty diesel engine that was originally scheduled to become an option in the 2010 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra trucks.
    According to Automotive News, the program has been put on hold indefinitely. "We have to make tough decisions right now," said GM Powertrain spokeswoman Susan Garavaglia.
    The innovative engine design was hailed as a breakthrough when it was unveiled last year. "By using integral cylinder head exhaust manifolds, integral cam cover intake manifolds and a narrow cylinder block, designers saved space and reduced the engine's weight," said Gary Arvan, chief engineer for the 4.5-liter V8 diesel at the engine's introduction.

    Automotive News

    GM shouldve produced this back in 01-02 when Ford was pumping out Excursions. They wouldve made a killing on diesel burbs. If they ever make one with the 6.6 duramax, Ill buy in a heartbeat!
    Last edited by NiceGuyEddie; 05-17-2009 at 03:32 PM.

  10. #9
    Senior Member Gravyboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Commieland
    Posts
    3,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rIVERtRASH View Post
    GM shouldve produced this back in 01-02 when Ford was pumping out Excursions. They wouldve made a killing on diesel burbs. If they ever make one with the 6.6 duramax, Ill buy in a heartbeat!
    It seems this could become a hot item in the right chassis combo. Of course Ford would counter with their 4.4L that they've been threatening for awhile now.
    But as we know, GM's in a world of hurt right now. Apparently they're not interested in marketing to Joe truck owner. They're just trying to cut losses and salvage what they can. I'm not much of GM truck guy anymore, but if they made stuff like they used to, I might actually buy one again.
    Freedom Without Authority is Anarchy.
    Authority Without Freedom is Tyranny

    “The trouble with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money”
    –Margaret Thatcher

  11. #10
    Senior Member NiceGuyEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    5,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    It seems this could become a hot item in the right chassis combo. Of course Ford would counter with their 4.4L that they've been threatening for awhile now.
    But as we know, GM's in a world of hurt right now. Apparently they're not interested in marketing to Joe truck owner. They're just trying to cut losses and salvage what they can. I'm not much of GM truck guy anymore, but if they made stuff like they used to, I might actually buy one again.

    With the government in control of the company now, they will produce more fuel efficient hybrids before anything else to support thier climate and energy agenda. The Government doesnt know how to run a business and if something doesnt change really soon, GM will be gone or just another socailist government ran worth of damn company. Take Russia for example...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92