The Gorge
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread:
The Gorge

  1. #1
    Senior Member HALLETT BOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newbury Park Ca
    Posts
    769

    Default The Gorge

    Finally got to the lake this weekend , could not believe how crowded the river has become from Havasu to Park Moabi now ..it's like running the 405 ..at least the channel was a little less crowded

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Ultra 26 Shadow
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mission Viejo
    Posts
    69

    Default

    It has been that way ever since Pirate Cove opened....

  4. #3
    Slum Lord Ziggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oceanside Ca./Lake Havasu City AZ.
    Posts
    2,831

    Default

    Irritates me to see how many don't know they can't ski or innertube that stretch..........I've watched many put their kids in danger at some narrow spots
    I love my wife, my wife loves me! What a great world!

  5. #4
    Senior Member Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HALLETT BOY View Post
    Finally got to the lake this weekend , could not believe how crowded the river has become from Havasu to Park Moabi now ..it's like running the 405 ..at least the channel was a little less crowded

    Ya, with on-coming traffic in your lane! STUPID!!!

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Irritates me to see how many don't know they can't ski or innertube that stretch..........I've watched many put their kids in danger at some narrow spots
    LEO's should be writin' 'em up...

  7. #6
    29812 kilrtoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    6,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HALLETT BOY View Post
    Finally got to the lake this weekend , could not believe how crowded the river has become from Havasu to Park Moabi now ..it's like running the 405 ..at least the channel was a little less crowded
    The last time you were there was what 1970?????

    That place was a ghost town THE ENTIRE river . It reminded me of the days before the HOUSING MARKET crazy when everone was able to buy a boat.
    I loved it this weekend, IT WAS EMPTY.
    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    It appears you are not getting dumber by the minute because you are already as dumb as anyone can be.

  8. #7
    Senior Member westair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oceanside/LHC
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shueman View Post
    LEO's should be writin' 'em up...
    Their all busy at the checkpoints.

  9. #8
    Baller on a Budget eggbeater is sweeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Nacimiento
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilrtoy View Post
    The last time you were there was what 1970?????

    That place was a ghost town THE ENTIRE river . It reminded me of the days before the HOUSING MARKET crazy when everone was able to buy a boat.
    I loved it this weekend, IT WAS EMPTY.
    I think I saw you going up river just south of the sandbar and coming back down river in the gorge. We passed you in opposite directions both times.

  10. #9
    Senior Member NiceGuyEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    5,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilrtoy View Post
    The last time you were there was what 1970?????

    That place was a ghost town THE ENTIRE river . It reminded me of the days before the HOUSING MARKET crazy when everone was able to buy a boat.
    I loved it this weekend, IT WAS EMPTY.
    True. Not nearly as crowded as it was in 03-06. The river has been nicer lately. I just wish LE would realize that and re-open the sandbar.

  11. #10
    Senior Member PaPaG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilrtoy View Post
    The last time you were there was what 1970?????

    That place was a ghost town THE ENTIRE river . It reminded me of the days before the HOUSING MARKET crazy when everone was able to buy a boat.
    I loved it this weekend, IT WAS EMPTY.
    You actually made it out again ......what stretch of river did you boat this last weekend? and did you hit the PC moabi Channel? Sat or Sun?
    Thanks Kilr

  12. #11
    29812 kilrtoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    6,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaPaG View Post
    You actually made it out again ......what stretch of river did you boat this last weekend? and did you hit the PC moabi Channel? Sat or Sun?
    Thanks Kilr

    From Havasu to needles both days and yes it was dead
    I even spun by the reeds a time or two
    Quote Originally Posted by ram78d10 View Post
    It appears you are not getting dumber by the minute because you are already as dumb as anyone can be.

  13. #12
    I'm baaaaack... hkunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    4,365

    Default

    Maybe it'll be quiet this weekend? We'll have enough chaos in our house without the outside influence

    Wave me down if you see me, it'll drive the girls nuts
    It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

    07 Advantage X-Flight 600 SCi Bravo 1 XR
    04 Cheetah Scorpion 6.2 Bravo 1 - SOLD!
    96 Donzi 21' 454 Bravo 3 Medallion - gone!
    72 Tahiti 16' 468 Olds Berkeley jet - SOLD!
    11 RZR XP, 08 Polaris Scrambler, 06 Rhino, 06 Joyner 650 dune buggy, 04 KFX 700

  14. #13
    Senior Member PaPaG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kilrtoy View Post
    From Havasu to needles both days and yes it was dead
    I even spun by the reeds a time or two

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92