LP to Natural Gas conversion on Tankless Water Heater
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread:
LP to Natural Gas conversion on Tankless Water Heater

  1. #1
    MLC - Mid Life Crisis probablecause's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Orange County (Brea)
    Posts
    1,128

    Default LP to Natural Gas conversion on Tankless Water Heater

    I know there are LP to NG kits for BBQ's and stuff but can I convert an LP Tankless Water Heater to a Natural Gas one. Some say yes and others say no because the burners are different (don't know about that). Anybody involved in the business know if it can be done? Thanks, Brendan

    Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder!


    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone;
    Try to ignore the haters, they are everywhere, just as in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pronstar;
    Liberalism: Logic's retarded cousin.


  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by probablecause View Post
    I know there are LP to NG kits for BBQ's and stuff but can I convert an LP Tankless Water Heater to a Natural Gas one. Some say yes and others say no because the burners are different (don't know about that). Anybody involved in the business know if it can be done? Thanks, Brendan
    Depending on the brand of tankless you have, you should only have to change the orifices. Contact the local supplier for the brand you have and ask if they're available. If they are, its a fairly simple switch. I'd be surprised if they aren't available. I sell Rinnai and they come with both applications.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Woodland Hills
    Posts
    944

    Default

    On my home unit it also requires a change in the dip switch setting. I know this because when mine was installed they put in the natural gas orifice but didn't change the switch setting. I had to read in the manual to find this out.

  5. #4
    MLC - Mid Life Crisis probablecause's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Orange County (Brea)
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redneckcharlie View Post
    Depending on the brand of tankless you have, you should only have to change the orifices. Contact the local supplier for the brand you have and ask if they're available. If they are, its a fairly simple switch. I'd be surprised if they aren't available. I sell Rinnai and they come with both applications.
    It is a Paloma

    Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder!


    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone;
    Try to ignore the haters, they are everywhere, just as in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pronstar;
    Liberalism: Logic's retarded cousin.


  6. #5
    TPC
    TPC is offline
    You who rock I salute you TPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Catalina Island
    Posts
    3,339

    Default

    Call the Gas Company.
    Often they will do it for you for free.

    They did for my dad in Auburn.

  7. #6
    MLC - Mid Life Crisis probablecause's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Orange County (Brea)
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Just got off of the phone with Paloma Tech support. While learning Korean or whatever he was speaking, he told me that since it was an electronic unit, then it could not be done. He mentioned baffles, flutes, etc. that are supposedly all different.

    Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder!


    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone;
    Try to ignore the haters, they are everywhere, just as in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pronstar;
    Liberalism: Logic's retarded cousin.


+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93