what to do.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 72

Thread:
what to do.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    274

    Default what to do.

    so i got new neighbors across the street from me and they turn out to be repo people. there running the buisness outta there home and at any one time theres 4 to 6 cars on the street that sit for a week to two weeks and about 5 cars in the drive way. ive called parking enformanct several times but now its gets worse as far as when they drop the cars off at anywhere from 2 to 4 in the morning. and there not quite about it was wondering who i would contact with city to get this cleared up or anyone have to deal with this kinda thing?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member sturat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Is it your HOA to not be able to do this? I would think that if there is no rule against running a biz from home maybe not much you can do, other than talk to them yourself?? Do not know just thinking out loud.
    Legalize the Constitution!

  4. #3
    waiting sucks lakemadness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not in Ca anymore, its INDY
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Code enforcement department / Zoning Department. Dont think there is anything illegal about the number of cars you can have- unless in your hood there is a regulation on parking on the street- But you may be able to get them for parking them there for business purpose- I think thats your only stance. Good Luck.
    Performance boatless

  5. #4
    Desert Racing Widow angiebaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Menifee Valley but my heart's in NW Montana
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    Well, I'm no expert on these things, but I'd start with City Code Enforcement regarding the legality of running a business from your home, business license, etc. Then noise violations. "Disturbing the peace" is ticketable at any time of day or night. Keep in mind, everyone is just trying to get by during these times. Sounds like he needs to invest in a lot to store these vehicles though. Let me know if he needs a place
    aka MMSW

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brown
    Every liberal is a lying sack of shit who should be killed and every conservative has flowers spring from his ass in the morning when his bowels move.

    "The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly."
    --Buddha

  6. #5
    C-2
    C-2 is offline
    Senior Member C-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    I'm sure the bank would like to know their collateral is not properly secured and stored.

    I second the vote for Code Enforcement, cities regulate tow companies tightly. You might also check with the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS), they might also be breaking some professional licensing requirements.
    .
    .
    "The only two things in life that make it worth living; Guitars tuned good and firm-feeling women."
    Waylon

    .

  7. #6
    waiting sucks lakemadness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not in Ca anymore, its INDY
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-2 View Post
    I'm sure the bank would like to know their collateral is not properly secured and stored.

    I second the vote for Code Enforcement, cities regulate tow companies tightly. You might also check with the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS), they might also be breaking some professional licensing requirements.
    Great idea if you can find out who they are doing the repo's for.
    Performance boatless

  8. #7
    Senior Member Hustler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tujunga,ca
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    you need to talk to Cory, I'll have him call you

  9. #8
    Senior Member AZJD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAFD View Post
    so i got new neighbors across the street from me and they turn out to be repo people. there running the buisness outta there home and at any one time theres 4 to 6 cars on the street that sit for a week to two weeks and about 5 cars in the drive way. ive called parking enformanct several times but now its gets worse as far as when they drop the cars off at anywhere from 2 to 4 in the morning. and there not quite about it was wondering who i would contact with city to get this cleared up or anyone have to deal with this kinda thing?
    Make sure your up on your car payments!
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...e.php?ref=home

    I don't own a boat because the Jones' make too much fokking money!

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hustler View Post
    you need to talk to Cory, I'll have him call you

    thanks joe.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angiebaby View Post
    Well, I'm no expert on these things, but I'd start with City Code Enforcement regarding the legality of running a business from your home, business license, etc. Then noise violations. "Disturbing the peace" is ticketable at any time of day or night. Keep in mind, everyone is just trying to get by during these times. Sounds like he needs to invest in a lot to store these vehicles though. Let me know if he needs a place


    i hear ya on the hard times deal but still one it looks like crap having that many beat up cars and than being as noisy as he is. hes not doing to bad it nabs about a car or two a night.

  12. #11
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,202

    Default

    Not sure about your state laws, if I'm not mistaken around here you can have one(maybe none) unlicensed,unregistered vehicles in your yard/driveway. Unless it's in your garage...as far as I know thats legal.
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  13. #12
    The HMFIC HWLaser23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    fontana ca
    Posts
    1,748

    Default

    there is no law against running a biz out of your home. however the

    permit required for running a biz from your home is very specific. the biz

    cannot impede the flow of traffic by any means and your complaints to

    the city will be heard and code enforcement will investigate. as far as the

    vehicles in the front of your house nobody knows the stipulations behind

    the vehs being there. if the car is on the street it must be currently

    registered and if its a repo there is a good chance that they are current

    on registration so the city cannot or will not do anything about that. if

    the unregistered ones are in his drive way then again there is nothing the

    city will do. your best bet is to complain everyday until an investigator

    comes out and challenges the biz owner. i am the ops manager for a tow

    company and i know that repoed car must be stored in a secure locked

    facility. finding out the the banks will be impossible with out getting the

    paperwork so you are stuck with heavily getting the city you live in involved
    BLACK SMOKE DON'T MEAN ITS BROKE

  14. #13
    Senior Member djhartley2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chino Ca. / Lake Havasu Az
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Code enforcement is where you need to start, but before you call them go to the web site for the city you live in and you can look up how many cars and how long they can be parked in the drive way or on the street. I can guarantee that there is a regulation. Most people don't know it. I found out when someone called because I had the boat parked in the driveway. The other thing is watch if they are parking anything on the lawn even just a little. That is a big no no. EPA would get involved. They don't like it if there is even a chance that anything can leak from the car into the ground. After you look it up and get the info you need then call code enforcement and use there code numbers and they will take care of it quick. Just a place to start. But keep in mind they live across the street and have the capability and know how of how to tow a car quickly.

  15. #14
    Senior Member Gravyboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Commieland
    Posts
    3,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H20MOFO View Post
    Not sure about your state laws, if I'm not mistaken around here you can have one(maybe none) unlicensed,unregistered vehicles in your yard/driveway. Unless it's in your garage...as far as I know thats legal.
    I would think the driveway is a private property thing. I don't know, just sayin'. At any given time, there's 3 or 4 vehicles in my driveway, one of which is my work truck. Nobody has ever complained
    Freedom Without Authority is Anarchy.
    Authority Without Freedom is Tyranny

    “The trouble with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money”
    –Margaret Thatcher

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91