F'n thieves got me.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 42

Thread:
F'n thieves got me.

  1. #1
    Senior Member thumbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    2,357

    Default F'n thieves got me.

    Went to Deltaco on the way home from working on the new house last night. Debit card was denied. WTF? I have over 10K in that checking account. When I got home there was a message from the bank that there may have been some fraudlent activity on my card so they canceled it. Turns out crooks got my card info from a card reader and bought a bunch of cowboy crap in NorCal.

    F'n sheet kicker should have the F'n sheet kicked out of him.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    GOT MILK? troostr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Artesia NM
    Posts
    254

    Default

    We had a similar thing before christmas last year- at the end of the deal- the Vendors that sold the stuff would not give me an address for the scumbags that ordered the crap sent to them. It was paid with my card, my money, I thought I had a right to know where it went- not so.- That was the worst part!
    "You can get a good look at a T-bone steak by sticking you head up a bulls ass- But wouldn't you rather take the butchers word for it"

  4. #3
    "On the road again..." Old Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    9,328

    Default

    Did the store get them on camera?

    My daughter had her wallet stolen and they ran up over $3K in several hours. Got 'em on video buying junk at a convenience store.

    The store also should get some heat/attention if the card wasn't present. Sounds like there may be someone at the store involved????

    Keep us informed Thumbs, I always like to see crooks get it shoved back up there thievin' asses.
    "Bottle by bottle, I'm clearing off that shelf...."

  5. #4
    Senior Member thumbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Texan View Post
    Did the store get them on camera?

    My daughter had her wallet stolen and they ran up over $3K in several hours. Got 'em on video buying junk at a convenience store.

    The store also should get some heat/attention if the card wasn't present. Sounds like there may be someone at the store involved????

    Keep us informed Thumbs, I always like to see crooks get it shoved back up there thievin' asses.
    Not sure if they got them on camera. They were only successful with the first purchase. Then next purchase was denied. I'm supposed to hear from a fraud investigator soon.

  6. #5
    JMC
    JMC is offline
    Senior Member JMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Hope they didnt clean out your account. Debit cards are too scary for me.

  7. #6
    I'm famous ! Lucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ukiah,Ca
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JMC View Post
    Hope they didnt clean out your account. Debit cards are too scary for me.
    most place you can only get 300 per day !
    " my carbon footprint is gonna kick your green ass"


    Quote Originally Posted by 396_Ways_To_Spit View Post
    WOWO!!!!! THat has to be the most beautiful crank that Ive ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    He has been allowing me to park my equipment in his backyard for a few years now...
    [/SIGPIC]

  8. #7
    Senior Member HypNautic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    20 min from Mead, 1 1/2 hours from Mohave, 2 hours from Havasu
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    most place you can only get 300 per day !
    That all depends on your relationship with your bankor CU. Ours is 1500 cash out at an ATM or 5K for store purchases. But my card goes on fraud lock down almost weekly cause I travel between Henderson NV and OC

    Thumbs.. I sure youll get your $$$ back, but sorry for the pain in the a$$ your going to endure.

  9. #8
    mud slinger plaster dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    winnetka ca.
    Posts
    1,998

    Default

    Same thing happened to me last dec. They got me for 2700.00 at 4-5 different stores. I feel for you. I did get every penny back. took about a week.
    Don't sweat the "Petty", Pet the Sweaty!

  10. #9
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Texan View Post
    Did the store get them on camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbs View Post
    Not sure if they got them on camera. They were only successful with the first purchase. Then next purchase was denied. I'm supposed to hear from a fraud investigator soon.
    Sorry to hear this Thumbs! Same thing happened to me in California in November while visiting my daughter. Crook went to Home Depot and purchased a welder and some supplies, Gamefly for some gamer crap, Del Taco for an early breakfast and they all had cameras. They got great shots of him trying to get $6K worth of merchandise out of Home Depot later unsuccessfully yet the San Bernardino Sheriff's dept didn't bother to check the film out however. I suppose they had to get back to their radar gun and donuts?
    The best things in life aren't things!

  11. #10
    Senior Member lbhsbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    Same shit happened to me on Christmas Eve....got me for a couple grand. Got it all back within a couple weeks...but it sucked having no cash or debit card over Christmas weekend.

  12. #11
    Senior Member Ballsdeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Newbury Park
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thumbs View Post
    Went to Deltaco on the way home from working on the new house last night. Debit card was denied. WTF? I have over 10K in that checking account. When I got home there was a message from the bank that there may have been some fraudlent activity on my card so they canceled it. Turns out crooks got my card info from a card reader and bought a bunch of cowboy crap in NorCal.

    F'n sheet kicker should have the F'n sheet kicked out of him.
    Must have been the same punk bitches that got me. I got home from work yesterday and had the same call from Wells Fargo on my machine at home. The fraud dept was investigating some charges @ Target in Modesto that were denied. I am along ways from Modesto so it was impossible it was me. Turns out the jackass was trying to charge $200 using my debit #. Had to cancel my card and waiting for a new card.

  13. #12
    Senior Member 500BBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CIUDAD MEXICO NORTE
    Posts
    5,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thumbs View Post
    Went to Deltaco on the way home from working on the new house last night. Debit card was denied. WTF? I have over 10K in that checking account. When I got home there was a message from the bank that there may have been some fraudlent activity on my card so they canceled it. Turns out crooks got my card info from a card reader and bought a bunch of cowboy crap in NorCal.

    F'n sheet kicker should have the F'n sheet kicked out of him.

    That fkn sucks! Damn thieves! Hope you recover everything.
    "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though" President Barack Obama.

    Liberals just chose to ignore relevant information about the world they live in, and then call themselves sophisticated for having chosen to be more stupid than God made them.

  14. #13
    Senior Member Roaddogg 4040's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu City, AZ/Algonac, MI
    Posts
    4,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Sorry to hear this Thumbs! Same thing happened to me in California in November while visiting my daughter. Crook went to Home Depot and purchased a welder and some supplies, Gamefly for some gamer crap, Del Taco for an early breakfast and they all had cameras. They got great shots of him trying to get $6K worth of merchandise out of Home Depot later unsuccessfully yet the San Bernardino Sheriff's dept didn't bother to check the film out however. I suppose they had to get back to their radar gun and donuts?
    I love the radar gun and donuts line. That's a classic!!! and so true...

    Steve

  15. #14
    Red Blooded American The Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaddogg 4040 View Post
    I love the radar gun and donuts line. That's a classic!!! and so true...

    Steve
    Ain't no revenue from catching thieves! Criminals seldom create revenue so they have to go after you and me to fund the system. Why waste their time on a camera as the perp enters the store, another at the register, another on his way out and a description of his vehicle as he loads his take?

    I'm so old, I can remember when people loved their neighborhood officer.
    The best things in life aren't things!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91