Ford in the black???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 21

Thread:
Ford in the black???

  1. #1
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,349

    Default Ford in the black???

    Ford reports turning a profit for the first time since 2005... All without any Govt. bailout!!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Colts fan & Stoker owner RitcheyRch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Santa Clarita Valley
    Posts
    7,848

    Default

    Excellent news.
    www.facebook.com/RitcheyRch

    "I didn't pay them for sex, I paid them to leave"
    Charlie Sheen

    Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, hauling it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

  4. #3
    I'm famous ! Lucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ukiah,Ca
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Ford
    F fock
    o Obma
    R Replace
    D democrats

    Purley a Republican run company
    " my carbon footprint is gonna kick your green ass"


    Quote Originally Posted by 396_Ways_To_Spit View Post
    WOWO!!!!! THat has to be the most beautiful crank that Ive ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    He has been allowing me to park my equipment in his backyard for a few years now...
    [/SIGPIC]

  5. #4
    HM
    HM is offline
    ****** HM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    Ford
    F fock
    o Obma
    R Replace
    D democrats

    Purley a Republican run company
    Fock
    Obama
    Republicans &
    Democrats

    They are all wh ores and all are running it into the ground.

  6. #5
    I'm famous ! Lucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ukiah,Ca
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HM View Post
    Fock
    Obama
    Republicans &
    Democrats

    They are all wh ores and all are running it into the ground.
    I agree - need an overhaul with less personal adjendas- TIME FOR A Pb power party !
    " my carbon footprint is gonna kick your green ass"


    Quote Originally Posted by 396_Ways_To_Spit View Post
    WOWO!!!!! THat has to be the most beautiful crank that Ive ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    He has been allowing me to park my equipment in his backyard for a few years now...
    [/SIGPIC]

  7. #6
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    I agree - need an overhaul with less personal adjendas- TIME FOR A Pb power party !
    Tom Brown for Pres...

  8. #7
    Will work for Boat pronstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The LBC
    Posts
    790

    Default

    This is really great news.

    It's gonna be tough to compete with GM, who was able to zero-out their debts.
    But I'm a big fan of Ford, especially these days, and hope to see them regain the market share they lost...which means they need to keep making kick-ass cars.

  9. #8
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pronstar View Post
    This is really great news.

    It's gonna be tough to compete with GM, who was able to zero-out their debts.
    But I'm a big fan of Ford, especially these days, and hope to see them regain the market share they lost...which means they need to keep making kick-ass cars.
    Fewer Chinese and Mexican made parts would be a good starting point...

  10. #9
    28 Powerplay - HP500 RLJ676's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI
    Posts
    1,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Fewer Chinese and Mexican made parts would be a good starting point...
    First Americans need to show they'll pay for that!

    So far that hasn't been the case at all unfortunately. Don't know what it'll take for people to wake up!

    Or, my preferred idea would be to tariff anything foreign equivalent to the savings for no environmental, health and safety standards costs. Maybe even something for the slave wages they pay.

    These "profits" are all paper profits on refinancing, and I suspect specifically timed. Show profit, keep stock momentum, issue more, pay down debt... Ford's treasury are who's saved that company.

    Next year I think they can do an operating profit with a little industry recovery.

  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Tom Brown for Pres...

    This is the USA

  12. #11
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RLJ676 View Post
    First Americans need to show they'll pay for that!

    So far that hasn't been the case at all unfortunately. Don't know what it'll take for people to wake up!

    Or, my preferred idea would be to tariff anything foreign equivalent to the savings for no environmental, health and safety standards costs. Maybe even something for the slave wages they pay.

    These "profits" are all paper profits on refinancing, and I suspect specifically timed. Show profit, keep stock momentum, issue more, pay down debt... Ford's treasury are who's saved that company.

    Next year I think they can do an operating profit with a little industry recovery.
    How much more could it possibly cost to have a car with 100% american made screws/nuts??? I bet there are PLENTY of suppliers that would re-tool in a heartbeat these days...

    I hear you on the terrifs tied to safety/environmental, I have been to G.E., Ford, GM, Maytag, Emerson electronics plants just across the border... Ugh...

    Imagine a Mexico with NONE of our U.S. corporations just over the border, I think they should treat us a little better and obey SOME of our laws no???

  13. #12
    28 Powerplay - HP500 RLJ676's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI
    Posts
    1,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    How much more could it possibly cost to have a car with 100% american made screws/nuts??? I bet there are PLENTY of suppliers that would re-tool in a heartbeat these days...

    I hear you on the terrifs tied to safety/environmental, I have been to G.E., Ford, GM, Maytag, Emerson electronics plants just across the border... Ugh...

    Imagine a Mexico with NONE of our U.S. corporations just over the border, I think they should treat us a little better and obey SOME of our laws no???
    Unfortunately, the bolt's are the costly bit!

    Ever priced out American stereo equipment? Now imagine if all of the electronics in the car had that kinda price premium over Asia.

    It can be done on many parts (trust me, I know this first hand) but 100% doesn't seem likely unfortunately.

  14. #13
    Senior Member poncho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SE Mass/Bering Sea
    Posts
    1,144

    Default

    Good for Ford, not a fan but ANY large American company that can weather this storm is doing something right, lets hope its a trend.

  15. #14
    TPC
    TPC is offline
    You who rock I salute you TPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Catalina Island
    Posts
    3,339

    Default

    Ford took out some brutally heavy loans just before the banks went tits up.
    They still have to repay them.
    They have a repayment plan that should work out fine for them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90