Labor Secretary Solis.....WTF
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 31

Thread:
Labor Secretary Solis.....WTF

  1. #1
    Senior Member TeamGreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    374

    Default Labor Secretary Solis.....WTF

    They can help this is whats wrong with this President and the people he surrounds himself with. Instead of sending them back to their country they want to make sure that they get paid a fair wage. Next it will be drivers license's and the ability to vote.

    http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/il...id-fairly.html
    In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
    Thomas Jefferson

    If our house be on fire, without inquiring whether it was fired from within or without, we must try to extinguish it.
    Thomas Jefferson

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member eliminatedsprinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lancaster Ca
    Posts
    3,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGreene View Post
    They can help this is whats wrong with this President and the people he surrounds himself with. Instead of sending them back to their country they want to make sure that they get paid a fair wage. Next it will be drivers license's and the ability to vote.

    http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/il...id-fairly.html
    If they are Mexican they do have the RIGHT to a fair living wage. It is a right that is written into the Mexican Constitution.
    All they have to do is head on back to the paradise who's socialist Constitution grants them that right and that problem will be solved.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    C.S. Lewis

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newbury Park, Ca/Mohave Valley, Az
    Posts
    7,717

    Default Pink slip

    The BITCH needs a pink slip before the end of business TODAY!!! To use taxpayers money for a public service announcement encouraging illegals is ILLEGAL and borders on TREASON.......Fire the bitch today.........Ray
    LOUD BOATS SAVE LIVES
    2 OPEN flatbottom APBA seasons left.....Let's RACE

  5. #4
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,359

    Default

    Does anyone else find it really really ODD that every single issue from top to bottom, this administration seems to be on the WRONG side of the argument and takes the OPPOSITE position that a clear thinking individual would deem "the right thing to do"???

    Im totally stumped...

  6. #5
    yep you were rite atomickitn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    249

    Default

    yep me too .... stupid.... thinking that our American people would be thinking about the rites and safety of American people first.... hummm what the F .. was I thinking...
    When life hands you lemons....Ask for Tequila and salt... See you on the River

    IMPEACH O BAMA

  7. #6
    Senior Member eliminatedsprinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lancaster Ca
    Posts
    3,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Does anyone else find it really really ODD that every single issue from top to bottom, this administration seems to be on the WRONG side of the argument and takes the OPPOSITE position that a clear thinking individual would deem "the right thing to do"???

    Im totally stumped...
    Don't be stumped it is just about power politics. The Dems know that more government dependency = more power for their party. Just look at the lock solid grip they have had on the parts of our cities where government dependency is highest. The bottom line is that todays Dems would rather have a strong grip of power on a weak USA than a weak share of power on a strong USA.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    C.S. Lewis

  8. #7
    Senior Member SBjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vero Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atomickitn View Post
    yep me too .... stupid.... thinking that our American people would be thinking about the rites and safety of American people first.... hummm what the F .. was I thinking...
    Yup, you'd think O was running for Prez of Mexico.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    Good comments:

    If the person taking the call at the toll-free number is overseas.....................- If the person taking the call is here within the US and an "undocumented" worker, is there a subset of procedures they are required to follow to "turn themselves in"?

    , it was under the W administration that the DOL issued a memo stating that illegal aliens had the full protection of the DOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brown View Post
    I'm still chuckling at being "poo-pooed" for straying off topic. Awesome.

  9. #8
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBjet View Post
    Yup, you'd think O was running for Prez of Mexico.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    Good comments:

    If the person taking the call at the toll-free number is overseas.....................- If the person taking the call is here within the US and an "undocumented" worker, is there a subset of procedures they are required to follow to "turn themselves in"?

    , it was under the W administration that the DOL issued a memo stating that illegal aliens had the full protection of the DOL.
    And your point is?

  10. #9
    Senior Member SBjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vero Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,020

    Default

    My point is 1) will someone please tell me if W first issued this memo, so we don't wrongfully rag on Obama. We have a long list of real outrages by O, and we don't want to muddy the waters.
    2) I suspect that this position is legally correct; it is illegal to pay anyone below min. wage. And the DOL is legally bound to enforce it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brown View Post
    I'm still chuckling at being "poo-pooed" for straying off topic. Awesome.

  11. #10
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBjet View Post
    My point is 1) will someone please tell me if W first issued this memo, so we don't wrongfully rag on Obama. We have a long list of real outrages by O, and we don't want to muddy the waters.
    2) I suspect that this position is legally correct; it is illegal to pay anyone below min. wage. And the DOL is legally bound to enforce it.
    I voted for G.W. as the lesser of two evils, I knew that he is a big fan of MUXICANo illegals... Just because G.W. F'd up on issues related to the Muxicanos doesnt make it OK for Barry S. to do so...

    Why should the DOL do anything less than call ICE if they get a tip off about an illegal??? What do DOL laws have to do with illegals??? Talk about muddying the waters...

    Lets break it down: Illegal Alien: In law, an alien is a person in a country who is not a citizen of that country.

    What do OUR labor laws have to do with THEM??? Is it not illegal for THEM to work here??? It is US vs THEM... The DOL laws matter to US as legal and law abiding citizens of the U.S.A.... Not to them as illegal aliens...

    Any governmental agency should hotline any suspected illegal...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 06-22-2010 at 12:31 PM.

  12. #11
    Senior Member Boss460's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    What do OUR labor laws have to do with THEM??? Is it not illegal for THEM to work here??? It is US vs THEM... The DOL laws matter to US as legal and law abiding citizens of the U.S.A.... Not to them as illegal aliens...
    I'll have to disagree with you here partly. The founding fathers viewed certain things as not laws but rights as human beings. The basic principles of the constitution were about the human race and not just citizens. This is the reason we fight people like Hitler that seek to exterminate an entire race of people.

    Are our labor laws included in the basic principles? I personally don't think so. At least not all. Basic stuff though like forcing people to work for nothing, working them literally to death etc. yes I think should be included in those basic principles afforded to all human beings.

    I guess my position is that our labor laws should cover illegals but the DoL should be required to notify authorities of the illegal status and have them deported and the employer prevented from retaining them as employees.

  13. #12
    Senior Member SBjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vero Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    What do OUR labor laws have to do with THEM??? ...
    I'll assume you're against having children or adults chained to a sewing machine to work 12 hr. days, beaten if they don't.
    I'm not sure where the line is to be drawn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss460 View Post
    I guess my position is that our labor laws should cover illegals but the DoL should be required to notify authorities of the illegal status and have them deported and the employer prevented from retaining them as employees.
    This is a reasonable position, certainly. The ? remains what level of reporting/enforcement is a deterrent to criminal employers vs. a deterrent to reporting by employees.
    At another level it is a chicken/egg problem. Who do you go after first illegal employers or illegal immigrants?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brown View Post
    I'm still chuckling at being "poo-pooed" for straying off topic. Awesome.

  14. #13
    Senior Member eliminatedsprinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lancaster Ca
    Posts
    3,616

    Default

    All people in the U.S. (other than diplomats with immunity) fall under U.S. laws. However, it is illegal for them to have a job in the U.S. if they are not here legally in the first place. If an illegal alien is at a job and not making the min wage, what should happen is that the illegal worker should be seperated from the job and processed for his crimes and the employer should be charged with the crimes of hiring him and not paying him min wage.
    Last edited by eliminatedsprinter; 06-22-2010 at 01:05 PM.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    C.S. Lewis

  15. #14
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss460 View Post
    I'll have to disagree with you here partly. The founding fathers viewed certain things as not laws but rights as human beings. The basic principles of the constitution were about the human race and not just citizens. This is the reason we fight people like Hitler that seek to exterminate an entire race of people.

    Are our labor laws included in the basic principles? I personally don't think so. At least not all. Basic stuff though like forcing people to work for nothing, working them literally to death etc. yes I think should be included in those basic principles afforded to all human beings.

    I guess my position is that our labor laws should cover illegals but the DoL should be required to notify authorities of the illegal status and have them deported and the employer prevented from retaining them as employees.
    How and why should they cover illegals? THey shouldn't be working here in the first place... Being here THEY (the illegals) had better obey OUR traffic laws, laws about theft, laws about not shooting, stealing OR driving UNinsured unless they want a quick trip to ICE land. They should NOT be working, they are not allowed to do so as an illegal so what do our DOL laws have to do with them???

    Quote Originally Posted by SBjet View Post
    This is a reasonable position, certainly. The ? remains what level of reporting/enforcement is a deterrent to criminal employers vs. a deterrent to reporting by employees.
    At another level it is a chicken/egg problem. Who do you go after first illegal employers or illegal immigrants?
    BOTH and with great vigor, after all that is what ICE, police, INS, Judges, prosecutors get paid to do right? Do thier job right? OR do people in these sectors get paid for their good looks???
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 06-22-2010 at 01:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91