Hillary in 2012?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread:
Hillary in 2012?

  1. #1
    Floatin dirty Lavey29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,631

    Default Hillary in 2012?

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...n_MIDDLESecond

    Hillary in 2012 ? Can someone just shoot me now and get it over with? I really hope the conservatives and independents come together on common ground for the fate of our Country and get the right people in office to correct this madness.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Uminchu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    2,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lavey29 View Post
    Hillary in 2012 ? Can someone just shoot me now and get it over with? I really hope the conservatives and independents come together on common ground for the fate of our Country and get the right people in office to correct this madness.
    If the (I assume you mean Republicans, not "conservatives") come up with Palin, and the Democrats come up with Hillary, we may end up with Hillary.

    I think the Democrats are smarter than to try and put her out there. If Obama's approval rate continues to slide, and the economy and the war continue to be bad news, the Democrats are going to be looking for a candidate that is a bit more down the middle.

    Man, what a scary post Lavey.

  4. #3
    I'm famous ! Lucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ukiah,Ca
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Vote all the bastards out and vote in B.O.A.T....

    Boaters Organizing America's Trainwreck ..... We have the people !
    " my carbon footprint is gonna kick your green ass"


    Quote Originally Posted by 396_Ways_To_Spit View Post
    WOWO!!!!! THat has to be the most beautiful crank that Ive ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    He has been allowing me to park my equipment in his backyard for a few years now...
    [/SIGPIC]

  5. #4
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    6,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uminchu View Post
    If the (I assume you mean Republicans, not "conservatives") come up with Palin, and the Democrats come up with Hillary, we may end up with Hillary.

    I think the Democrats are smarter than to try and put her out there. If Obama's approval rate continues to slide, and the economy and the war continue to be bad news, the Democrats are going to be looking for a candidate that is a bit more down the middle.

    Man, what a scary post Lavey.
    Despite Palin's capabilities, I really don't think she's electable. She may be capable but I think there are a lot of independents that wouldn't vote for her for many reasons that have nothing to do with ability.
    The funny thing is that when I've asked people that hate her why the dislike, they really couldn't come up with valid reasons. It was always some BS thing like her daughter got pregnant, or she's a bad mother, or some other personal BS. I hardly ever heard them say anything about the issues or her experience.
    I found fat women detested her immensely with the most BS reasons which led to me wondering if the hatred towards her from women came from jealousy? Two guys I talked with at work voted Obama and the reason they gave sounded more like what their wives would have said than what they would have really given.
    That being said, we live in a People magazine society. The one that is most electable is the one that can win the popularity contest, not on ability. That's what got both Bill Clinton and Obama elected. Whatever you may think about either men, they were both charismatic. Same holds true for Reagan. Luckily he had the people behind him that brought pride in U.S. back. He also had a good economic and international plan.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Uminchu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    2,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    That's what got both Bill Clinton and Obama elected. Whatever you may think about either men, they were both charismatic. Same holds true for Reagan. Luckily he had the people behind him that brought pride in U.S. back. He also had a good economic and international plan.
    And George Bush was re-elected because we were afraid of terrorists.

    Your views of Reagan's economics are not shared by a lot of people who understand economics. In some articles I have read, they blame some of the current issues on some of the policies enacted during his tenure.

    I realize that as a Republican, ALL Republicans MUST like him, just like GW, but in Reagan's case, he was not only a "likable guy," he was a remembered film star.

    A good example of Presidents falling out of favor while doing good deeds is LBJ who got the Civil Rights issues of the early 60's cleared up, but while doing so, changed the entire South from Democrat to Republican.

    What would have happened to JFK TODAY if he was discovered banging a sexy starlette?

  7. #6
    "On the road again..." Old Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    9,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uminchu View Post
    And George Bush was re-elected because we were afraid of terrorists.

    Your views of Reagan's economics are not shared by a lot of people who understand economics. In some articles I have read, they blame some of the current issues on some of the policies enacted during his tenure.

    I realize that as a Republican, ALL Republicans MUST like him, just like GW, but in Reagan's case, he was not only a "likable guy," he was a remembered film star.

    A good example of Presidents falling out of favor while doing good deeds is LBJ who got the Civil Rights issues of the early 60's cleared up, but while doing so, changed the entire South from Democrat to Republican.

    What would have happened to JFK TODAY if he was discovered banging a sexy starlette?
    Slow down and take a braeth.....
    JFK had hardly got started before he got whacked so who knows his end result, though his leagacy left us up to our asses in the Viet Nam mess which was a very low point forthe country. LBJ was a crook before he got near the top spot and he moved Nam into an even bigger mess.

    Nixon if anyone started the turn around but his overzealous crew cut that short.Reagan put a country back together that Carter's ineptitude almost collapsed. His tax cuts and rebuilding the economy fell in line with better spending habits. Reagan is what we need more so today than ever.
    "Bottle by bottle, I'm clearing off that shelf...."

  8. #7
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    6,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uminchu View Post
    And George Bush was re-elected because we were afraid of terrorists.

    Your views of Reagan's economics are not shared by a lot of people who understand economics. In some articles I have read, they blame some of the current issues on some of the policies enacted during his tenure.

    I realize that as a Republican, ALL Republicans MUST like him, just like GW, but in Reagan's case, he was not only a "likable guy," he was a remembered film star.

    A good example of Presidents falling out of favor while doing good deeds is LBJ who got the Civil Rights issues of the early 60's cleared up, but while doing so, changed the entire South from Democrat to Republican.

    What would have happened to JFK TODAY if he was discovered banging a sexy starlette?
    That's something I do understand. Put a lot of time in class on econ. Studied a lot about international & business economics. While all of his economics weren't perfect, it did stimulate economic growth during a time where inflation was enormous. Clinton's plan was probably one of the better economic plans. His shifting money from defense and intelligence to some entitlements would be the only thing I faulted him on. Oh that and his choice in women!!!

    While I'm not a fan of G.W. he was definitely the better of the two candidates at the time.

  9. #8
    Senior Member SBjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vero Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uminchu View Post
    .

    I think the Democrats are smarter than to try and put her out there.

    , the Democrats are going to be looking for a candidate that is a bit more down the middle.


    .



    Just kidding, it's way too early to speculate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uminchu View Post
    Your views of Reagan's economics are not shared by a lot of people who understand economics. In some articles I have read, they blame some of the current issues on some of the policies enacted during his tenure.
    Bring them on I'll tear em up. Seriously, I invite you to put up the links.
    I'll tell you 2 things that are never printed,
    Reagan did not get everything he wanted, the Dem. congress stopped him a few times.
    During the Reagan years, the tax rates were cut, revenues increased 100%. Unfortunately spending went up 105%. NO ONE wants a return to preReagan tax rates. The real legacy of Reagan and Bush 41 was controlling inflation.

    I'm well aware of Reagan's flaws.

    .
    Last edited by SBjet; 07-15-2010 at 08:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brown View Post
    I'm still chuckling at being "poo-pooed" for straying off topic. Awesome.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91