Over the past couple of weeks myself, Mark Moyle and Paul Fitzgerald driver of the Super Stock boat ss24 have discussed what we could do to really add excitement and value to Friday's racing program for the race fans. What we have come up with (a huge thanks to Larry Hamilton from Liquid Fix Motorsports input on this also) is a Grand Prix Shoot Out style Race. We have spoken with many racers about this and we are all very excited that this will be a really fun exciting race for everyone in attendance.
Overview of the 2012 Burley Regatta Friday Afternoon Grand Prix Shoot Out Format:
- Six (6) boats will run a Grand Prix style shoot out race late Friday afternoon sometime between 5.00 and 7.00pm.
- Boats will drawn from a hat to qualify for this event. For example all SS boat numbers present will go into a hat, the first 2 boats drawn from the SS hat will qualify to run the shootout, the we will do the same for PS and K. If someone cannot compete in the shootout in any of the three classes, we will draw another boat from that boats class from the hat.
- The Grand Prix Shoot Out race will consist of 2 SS, 2 PS and 2 K Boats.
- The SS boats will start the race first, followed by the 2 PS boats approximately 5-10 seconds (to be determined at drivers meeting) behind, then the two K boats will start last.
- 3 Lap race total on the normal race track around the island.
- Prize Money will be paid to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers + more to be confirmed.
- We are very confident this will provide a close and awesome race that will have the crowd on their feet.
- As at today we have $800.00 in cash prize money for the Friday Grand Prix Shoot Out. A huge thanks goes out to Paul Fitzgerald, Mike Stock & the Boise Crew, Chris Kenner Racing, Brian Weher/Tribal Thunder Racing, Sid Renalds/Simple Racing, Security Race Products and Ade Bloomfield - Bloomfield/Kentucky Racing for their donations to help make this happen. Mark Moyle is also working on some products sponsors that will go towards this race.
We look forward to seeing everyone this weekend for Burley 2012!! =) Thank you