[Question] where to camp on the delta? open to suggestions!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 16

Thread:
where to camp on the delta? open to suggestions!

  1. #1
    Senior Member Familycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Jose CA
    Posts
    848

    Default where to camp on the delta? open to suggestions!

    First things first; this is Brad (son of rick)
    I am trying to set up a camping trip with a bunch of friends! We originally wanted to go to orwood and camp there but they no longer allow tents and they have restrictions on the age of the camping trailer. I am looking for other options... Ideally we want to be close to ski beach and there are wakeboarders in the group and some good sloughs for them near as well. however it seems like my options are limited.
    Turner cut and Tiki lagun look like nice resorts that allow for tents but I have never camped at either of these?
    Any good beaches to hang out at? anything comparable to ski beach? Hows the party scene?
    I am also open to any other camp ground ideas?

    I appreciate the feed back!
    all are welcome to join as well, either looking at weekend of april 20th and/or june 8th...
    "Equity at its Best"

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    HNIC Lofty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Hill
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Never camped on the delta, overnighted in the big boat but that doesnt count. What about Tower Park, Sugar Barge, Light House, Brennan Isl., I dont think thewre is anything all that close to ski beach but what do I know....

  4. #3
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Never camped on the delta, overnighted in the big boat but that doesnt count. What about Tower Park, Sugar Barge, Light House, Brennan Isl., I dont think thewre is anything all that close to ski beach but what do I know....



  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    HNIC Lofty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Hill
    Posts
    386

    Default

    or you could allways camp out in the Shermans yard!

  7. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Delta
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Tower Park is a good alternative, but DO NOT let them launch for you - they jacked up our trailer (pun fully intended).

    Windmill Cove is closer to Ski Beach, but their launch ramp is awful.

  8. #6
    Senior Member Aqua Boogie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Tower Park
    Windmill Cove.....................Ramp sucks. I will usually watch the tides and launch on high tide or launch out of Tiki or Turner Cut.
    'Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.'


    Bobby - age 7 (Wow!)

  9. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    29

    Default

    How about Bethel Island there's two bars Rusty Porthole and Tugg's which close when everyone is done drinking. For camping the Sugar Barge which has a small store, horseshoes, rentals, ramp and slips. They probably have a curfew and don't know if they let tents and trailers mix. People forget about Beacon Harbor for camping because its kind of off by itself to get there. They have a small marina store and elevator launch. Respect your neighbors kinda curfew. The last one is a grass lot down the levy across the street from the Porthole, which is ran by Boyds Harbor I think? Park BBQ pits, restrooms are a little ways away, little shade but what curfew. The Porthole is open till 2am and if your buying drinks, they will probably let you leave your boat at there docks. With all three campsites no issues with ramps or tides, close to fast water, closer to Ski Beach than Orwood. Bring lots of mosquito repellent. Hope this helps Jaime M-24.

  10. #8
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaime View Post
    How about Bethel Island there's two bars Rusty Porthole and Tugg's which close when everyone is done drinking. For camping the Sugar Barge which has a small store, horseshoes, rentals, ramp and slips. They probably have a curfew and don't know if they let tents and trailers mix. People forget about Beacon Harbor for camping because its kind of off by itself to get there. They have a small marina store and elevator launch. Respect your neighbors kinda curfew. The last one is a grass lot down the levy across the street from the Porthole, which is ran by Boyds Harbor I think? Park BBQ pits, restrooms are a little ways away, little shade but what curfew. The Porthole is open till 2am and if your buying drinks, they will probably let you leave your boat at there docks. With all three campsites no issues with ramps or tides, close to fast water, closer to Ski Beach than Orwood. Bring lots of mosquito repellent. Hope this helps Jaime M-24.
    You missed St Patties day, it was a great run.



  11. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pair View Post
    You missed St Patties day, it was a great run.
    Ya I thought i would have chores done and boat ready but just didnt work out. It was nice seeing the great turn out go by though. Hopefully I will make the next one and we always have a great time on the DLB runs.

  12. #10
    Senior Member RogerThat99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    I used to tent camp at Turner Cut and Tiki Lagoon frequently (although it has been many years). They both were good, but I preferred Tiki Lagoon. We used to camp there and go to the Lost Isle. We partied hard back at the campground and had a lot of fun. Things may have changed, but it was great back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!


    http://www.performanceboats.com/signaturepics/sigpic17778_1.gif

  13. #11
    Senior Member Familycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Jose CA
    Posts
    848

    Default

    We have decided to go to turner cut. We are going 13th to the 14th. It's a bit cheaper then tiki. The group will consist of 2-4 ski boats then if any if you guys come out
    "Equity at its Best"

  14. #12
    Junior Member 55chevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Looks likw u will be far from ski beach but closer to ski beach #2

  15. #13
    Senior Member fastnlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ventura
    Posts
    136

    Default Turner Cut

    Quote Originally Posted by Familycat View Post
    First things first; this is Brad (son of rick)
    I am trying to set up a camping trip with a bunch of friends! We originally wanted to go to orwood and camp there but they no longer allow tents and they have restrictions on the age of the camping trailer. I am looking for other options... Ideally we want to be close to ski beach and there are wakeboarders in the group and some good sloughs for them near as well. however it seems like my options are limited.
    Turner cut and Tiki lagun look like nice resorts that allow for tents but I have never camped at either of these?
    Any good beaches to hang out at? anything comparable to ski beach? Hows the party scene?
    I am also open to any other camp ground ideas?

    I appreciate the feed back!
    all are welcome to join as well, either looking at weekend of april 20th and/or june 8th...
    The Century City Ski club goes camping to Turner Cut 4 times every summer. I've tent camped there with them on a few trips. The good: lots of grass and shade, which is great for tents, a restaurant and they also sell ice, you can tie your boat to the dock every night so you don't have to trailer it everyday, lots of guest parking, very cool on the amount of people you can have in the campsite. They may have been accomodating the club however. The bad: The bathrooms and showers are a dump, but they do the job, they have a bunch of people who live there fulltime in shithole RV's, no fuel (Tiki has fuel), no store (Tiki has store), no beach at all and you are separated from the Delta by a levy, absolutely no night life anywhere near, the launch ramp can be tricky You and your group are the party. Good water is close for boarding. Hope that helps.

  16. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    29

    Default

    i think the only place on the delta where camping is water front would be Windmill Cove. Everywhere else theres a levy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95