Delta Islands
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread:
Delta Islands

  1. #1
    Or Seth, either one Budweiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tower Park Resort, Lodi, CA
    Posts
    3,270

    Default Delta Islands

    Anyone know what the story is on gaining rights to one of those private docks you see on some of the small islands throughout the delta? Particularly just south of the King Island, Paradise Point, Herman & Helen's area. Are they leased or owned or what? I'd love to set up a family spot with a dock, all Swiss Family Robinson 'n shit. Wouldn't make a bad lunch run stop either.

    Anyone know about it?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    HNIC Lofty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Hill
    Posts
    386

    Default

    privatly owned. There are a few of them for sale, I think Chris is still trying to sell his over by Cruiser Haven. There is also one at Venice Isle for sale with a dock and small house.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Concord, CA
    Posts
    939

    Default docks

    My brother has one. 65 acres just south of the Ryde Hotel. Stop there on many boating occasions.

    Jerry

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    !%@#$ Racer52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Stockton, CA
    Posts
    508

    Default

    we have some friends that own one of those docks on the island (king island)

    they are pretty cool, the area is shallow and needs upkeep to keep the growth down but other than that its a cool place to call home for the day.

    They are privately owned also.

    Racer

  7. #5
    Crew Member MrsDSIDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    108

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    privatly owned. There are a few of them for sale, I think Chris is still trying to sell his over by Cruiser Haven. There is also one at Venice Isle for sale with a dock and small house.

    Just an FYI : DenIsle (Chris' Island) is no longer an option. Chris has left/moved to Mexico and the previous owners now have possesion of the island. I think their son plans on keeping it for himself.

  8. #6
    Senior Member Deltarat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Discovery Bay Ca.
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDSIDan View Post
    Just an FYI : DenIsle (Chris' Island) is no longer an option. Chris has left/moved to Mexico and the previous owners now have possesion of the island. I think their son plans on keeping it for himself.
    WOW, I was just thinking the other day it has been a long time since I have seen Chris around. I guess I know why now...
    What happens on the Delta stays on the Delta

  9. #7
    Crew Member MrsDSIDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deltarat View Post
    WOW, I was just thinking the other day it has been a long time since I have seen Chris around. I guess I know why now...
    Just spoke with him about 20 minutes ago and he was just crossing the border into Meheeco. He says he will keep us posted on his happenings. Now we all have another reason to visit Puerto Vallarta.

  10. #8
    Senior Member Deltarat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Discovery Bay Ca.
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    just what I need, another reason to go to Mexico
    What happens on the Delta stays on the Delta

  11. #9
    Or Seth, either one Budweiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tower Park Resort, Lodi, CA
    Posts
    3,270

    Default

    Does this floating house look familiar to anyone? It's supposed to be between Herman & Helen's and Tower Park.



    The pic's kinda small, sorry.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  12. #10
    HNIC Lofty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Hill
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDSIDan View Post
    Just spoke with him about 20 minutes ago and he was just crossing the border into Meheeco. He says he will keep us posted on his happenings. Now we all have another reason to visit Puerto Vallarta.
    What! Didn't know he was going, too bad, that's one less place to stop for free beer on my way back to the trailer....

    So, Jonas, Danny and now Chris all in PV. Well it's a long way to go for a cocktail but I don't want to be impolite.
    Last edited by Lofty; 01-16-2008 at 03:15 PM.

  13. #11
    Or Seth, either one Budweiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tower Park Resort, Lodi, CA
    Posts
    3,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Budweiser View Post
    Does this floating house look familiar to anyone? It's supposed to be between Herman & Helen's and Tower Park.



    The pic's kinda small, sorry.
    Never mind, it sold already. But I found another one. I thought they were all owned by a couple brothers and spaces on the shore leased out (Story my Mom told me), apparently that's not the case. They're not as spendy as I thought. Is there a lot of red tape in building improvements on the small islands or something??? DNR issues?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95