Betcha didn't know
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 17

Thread:
Betcha didn't know

  1. #1
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,959

    Cool Betcha didn't know

    "ONLY" 362 days until Hookie Day 2014



  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pair View Post
    "ONLY" 362 days until Hookie Day 2014
    Will this be the 10th anniversary for hookie day?
    Last edited by yzoldman; 10-06-2013 at 02:24 PM.

  4. #3
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yzman View Post
    Will this be the 10th anniversary for hookie day?
    I'm going to have to defer to the real "Grand Pubah" ............ Drew to the white courtesy phone, Please.

    It'll be my 10th, I believe there was 1) prior, possibly 2)

    It started as Boatmaster's Customer Appreciation Day (or Run) I had finally broke enough parts to be invited.
    Last edited by Nice Pair; 10-06-2013 at 02:50 PM.



  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pair View Post
    I'm going to have to defer to the real "Grand Pubah" ............ Drew to the white courtesy phone, Please.

    It'll be my 10th, I believe there was 1) prior, possibly 2)

    It started as Boatmaster's Customer Appreciation Day (or Run) I had finally broke enough parts to be invited.
    Counting Boatmasters it is definitely more than 10. Was just wondering since the name was changed to "Hookie Day".

  7. #5
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yzman View Post
    Counting Boatmasters it is definitely more than 10. Was just wondering since the name was changed to "Hookie Day".
    The first Boatmasters Customer Appreciation Day That I was invited to was October 1, 2004. It was called "Hookie Day"
    At that time they were still working out of the Dublin store.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0085.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	393281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0106.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	393289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0131.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	393297Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0133.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	393305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0118.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	393313



  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pair View Post
    The first Boatmasters Customer Appreciation Day That I was invited to was October 1, 2004. It was called "Hookie Day"
    At that time they were still working out of the Dublin store.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0085.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	393281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0106.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	393289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0131.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	393297Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0133.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	393305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0118.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	393313
    I'll have to ask Drew and see if he remembers.

  9. #7
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yzman View Post
    I'll have to ask Drew and see if he remembers.

    "Drew to the white courtesy phone , please"



  10. #8
    GO CELTICS Eliminator 4 Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    When do I have to RSVP by so I don't get a atta girl.
    If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of hours. But the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.

  11. #9
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliminator 4 Life View Post
    When do I have to RSVP by so I don't get a atta girl.

    "Soon"



  12. #10
    Senior Member RogerThat99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliminator 4 Life View Post
    When do I have to RSVP by so I don't get a atta girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pair View Post
    "Soon"
    Don't you get an Atta Girl just for asking???
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!


    http://www.performanceboats.com/signaturepics/sigpic17778_1.gif

  13. #11
    Senior Member Hullshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dicovery Bay
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    I believe it was 2002, I had just got my Howard a few months prior and there was only 3 of us at the beginning of day, myself, Drew, and one other?, and we ran into 2 more at ski beach later that day to make it 5.
    I may be wrong, and this could have been just a Friday we met to go boating?

  14. #12
    Northern CA DCB Sales Boatmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Shit that was 14,352 beers ago, but I think the 1st so called Hookie Day was 2002 like Don stated. Had a few 1st friday of October beach days with the guys from Dublin Big O Tires and Tunnel T's old hood before that and that got the idea started. The rest as they say is history. Hookie Day = good times and great people.

  15. #13
    the silver bullet! TUNNEL T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    disovery bay
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    Back in my barefootin days I used to run around with a bunch of local fire fighter buddies who originally named our Fri in Oct .Hookey day. But for those guys every day seemed to be a Hookey day.ff a few yrs when I started hanging out with (drinking) boatmaster and hullshot and we then decided to start it up again..
    Then I ran into nice pair at one of our watering holes on the river and left him a letter in crayola asking him about props the rest is history!!!! Great peeps for sure and many a good time !!!!TUNNEL T
    FINAL TOUCH DETAILING

  16. #14
    F14
    F14 is offline
    Senior Member F14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pair View Post
    "ONLY" 362 days until Hookie Day 2014

    Thats what she said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95