Benicia lunch run 1-3-15
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 24

Thread:
Benicia lunch run 1-3-15

  1. #1
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,949

    Default Benicia lunch run 1-3-15

    Huge thanks to Rick for the invite Saturday. We did a very impromptu lunch run to Benicia. It was an absolute blast!! Rick really knows how to handle that little boat in some pretty lumpy water. We met my wife & Mom at Sailor Jack's for lunch, then had to stop at Porthole on the way back so we didn't die of thirst. Thanks for another great day on the Delta.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    few pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	porthole.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	667394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hunter.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	667402   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hunter2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	667410   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hunter3.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	667418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hunter4.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	667426  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thirsty.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	667298   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	martinez.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	667306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	martinez2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	667314   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	680 bridge.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	667322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	entering benicia marina.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	667330  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	benicia marina.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	667338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	benicia marina2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	667346   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carquinez bridge.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	667354   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sailor jacks.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	667362   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ugly guys.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	667370  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exiting benica marina.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	667378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exiting benicia marina2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	667386  

  4. #3
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,945

    Default




  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    pay me or pay me no mind 707DOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    vallejo,cali
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    nice ...sailor jacks has some pretty good food was just there with the mrs for a xmas dinner


    I call it the brain tube, I've been telling her the more time she spends on it, the smarter it's going to make her.

  7. #5
    All I wanted was a Pepsi
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    542

    Default

    Sounds like a nice run in Rick's yacht tender. You guys spend entirely way too much on the water...
    1

  8. #6
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chestah Cheetah View Post
    Sounds like a nice run in Rick's yacht tender. You guys spend entirely way too much time on the water...
    I'm gonna have to call "bullshit" you cannot spend too much time on the water.



  9. #7
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pair View Post
    I'm gonna have to call "bullshit" you cannot spend too much time on the water.
    Maybe Chestah should try spending some time on the water again, he might like it. I would be happy to invite him out but I still don't have a running boat. Chestah will have to buy a new personal floatation device for the soon to be Mrs just to hold that left hand with that huge rock on it.

  10. #8
    pay me or pay me no mind 707DOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    vallejo,cali
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
    Maybe Chestah should try spending some time on the water again, he might like it. I would be happy to invite him out but I still don't have a running boat. Chestah will have to buy a new personal floatation device for the soon to be Mrs just to hold that left hand with that huge rock on it.
    yeah what the hell chief where is that thing?? are you gold plating the block or what? i know someone who knows someone that likes to make things go vrooommm in a short times notice


    I call it the brain tube, I've been telling her the more time she spends on it, the smarter it's going to make her.

  11. #9
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 707DOG View Post
    yeah what the hell chief where is that thing?? are you gold plating the block or what? i know someone who knows someone that likes to make things go vrooommm in a short times notice
    Ya, I know. It's driving me crazy. I'm being told it will be ready by early Feb. The first "new" motor, that 632", did not work out. It ran for a day then had issues. Thankfully that builder was a true man of his word & gave me a refund. The motor we are building now is N/A 598" with a pretty mellow cam to make sure we don't have any issues. Sure hope to have everything dialed in for a St Pattys day run.

  12. #10
    pay me or pay me no mind 707DOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    vallejo,cali
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
    Ya, I know. It's driving me crazy. I'm being told it will be ready by early Feb. The first "new" motor, that 632", did not work out. It ran for a day then had issues. Thankfully that builder was a true man of his word & gave me a refund. The motor we are building now is N/A 598" with a pretty mellow cam to make sure we don't have any issues. Sure hope to have everything dialed in for a St Pattys day run.
    cool man hope it works out for you, good thing you know someone who knows someone that likes to go boating so you can get to see the river more often


    I call it the brain tube, I've been telling her the more time she spends on it, the smarter it's going to make her.

  13. #11
    ptc
    ptc is offline
    Senior Member ptc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sacramento Area
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
    Ya, I know. It's driving me crazy. I'm being told it will be ready by early Feb. The first "new" motor, that 632", did not work out. It ran for a day then had issues. Thankfully that builder was a true man of his word & gave me a refund. The motor we are building now is N/A 598" with a pretty mellow cam to make sure we don't have any issues. Sure hope to have everything dialed in for a St Pattys day run.

    So BIGGER is not always better???? (according to the other motor builder?).... so to speak? I cant imagine that Tamara would be limiting your "INCHES".....

    Just .... with ya Rob....
    1975 Sanger True Flat - 496 BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

  14. #12
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptc View Post
    So BIGGER is not always better???? (according to the other motor builder?).... so to speak? I cant imagine that Tamara would be limiting your "INCHES".....

    Just .... with ya Rob....
    Tam has been requesting several more inches from me for 23+ years. I hope it gets on the dyno in the next couple of weeks, should be 700+ even with our mild cam is what I'm told. This motor BETTER work out or else I might not have to worry about Tam requesting anything from me.

  15. #13
    Senior Member Nosjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Rough and Ready CA.
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
    Tam has been requesting several more inches from me for 23+ years. I hope it gets on the dyno in the next couple of weeks, should be 700+ even with our mild cam is what I'm told. This motor BETTER work out or else I might not have to worry about Tam requesting anything from me.
    I heard on Doctor Oz if you lose 10lbs its like gaining 1" of length???

    Im trying to lose 50lbs...
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

  16. #14
    EPL
    EPL is offline
    Senior Member EPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Redding , Ca
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nosjunkie View Post
    i heard on doctor oz if you lose 10lbs its like gaining 1" of length???

    Im trying to lose 50lbs...

    lol!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95