Our new whip
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 34

Thread:
Our new whip

  1. #1
    HNIC Lofty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Hill
    Posts
    386

    Default Our new whip

    The wife laid down the law this last summer over the Fountain and declared it a "non-family" boat. She insisted on a family boat but I couldn't do a roll bar rig so I started looking for something more my style. I just picked up this 72' Dan Arena 21XL, has a healthy 496 stroker, hull is sound with no rot. It was built n Pacheco, Arena Boats have quite a bit of racing background and built a pretty sound boat. This thing was considered very fast back in its day. I wanted a V Drive but knew a flatty wouldn't work for us and couldn't bare to get a newer runabout.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arena.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	697377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arena-02.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	697385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arena-03.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	697393   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arena-04.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	697401   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arena-05.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	697409  

    Last edited by Lofty; 03-06-2015 at 10:44 AM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Those Arena hulls are a good hull. Can take reasonably rough water. Cougar of Canada purchased a set of the molds in the 90's and startled making them also.

    Nice find!

  4. #3
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    The wife laid down the law this last summer over the Fountain and declared it a "non-family" boat. She insisted on a family boat but I couldn't do a roll bar rig so I started looking for something more my style. I just picked up this 72' Dan Arena 21XL, has a healthy 496 stroker, hull is sound with no rot. It was built n Pacheco, Arena Boats have quite a bit of racing background and built a pretty sound boat. This thing was considered very fast back in its day. I wanted a V Drive but knew a flatty wouldn't work for us and couldn't bare to get a newer runabout.

    HEY! Lofty .................................................. .............Name:  thumbs%20up copy.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  7.1 KBSup Dude?



  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    HNIC Lofty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Hill
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pair View Post
    HEY! Lofty .................................................. .............Name:  thumbs%20up copy.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  7.1 KBSup Dude?

    Hi, My name I Finn and I have a boating problem.

  7. #5
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Hi, My name I Finn and I have a boating problem.
    "No Shit"



  8. #6
    pay me or pay me no mind 707DOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    vallejo,cali
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    Im digging the new whip its pretty nice got a new cruiser to cruise with...
    Last edited by 707DOG; 03-06-2015 at 04:58 PM.


    I call it the brain tube, I've been telling her the more time she spends on it, the smarter it's going to make her.

  9. #7
    Or Seth, either one Budweiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tower Park Resort, Lodi, CA
    Posts
    3,270

    Default

    Even though it's a '72, it has a lot of 60's styling cues and details. I really like it, it has awesome personality. Looks beefy too. What ind of speeds do you expect?

  10. #8
    Senior Member port austin pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Granite Bay Ca.
    Posts
    389

    Default fountains

    as a Fountain owner kind of hate to see a Fountain go, But the Arena is sweet ride and should serve you well, Very nice boat, Of course that goes for both

  11. #9
    Senior Member Areyouliving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SacRiver
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Did it come from the Santa Cruz area Tahoe? That's a great boat! I'm restoring my 1964 Arena Craft.

  12. #10
    HNIC Lofty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Hill
    Posts
    386

    Default

    We kept the Fountain, I'll keep that boat until it delaminates. This is the same one out of Tahoe / Santa Cruz. It's a little rough around the edges and needs some sorting but it'll clean up nice

  13. #11
    Senior Member port austin pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Granite Bay Ca.
    Posts
    389

    Default fountain

    Big ATTA BOY for hanging on to the fountain, its a beauty, That being said the Arena crafts are way cool boats also. Look forward to seeing it.

  14. #12
    Senior Member Areyouliving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SacRiver
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    We kept the Fountain, I'll keep that boat until it delaminates. This is the same one out of Tahoe / Santa Cruz. It's a little rough around the edges and needs some sorting but it'll clean up nice
    Nice score, very cool boat,

  15. #13
    Senior Member mini sanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Nice now you have a ride I came keep up with. Look good!!!!!

  16. #14
    HNIC Lofty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Hill
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Ok Andy, maybe..... this fugger ain't no bs sangar family cruiser. It's the real deal!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95