Tower Park to Giustis
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 27

Thread:
Tower Park to Giustis

  1. #1
    Senior Member Areyouliving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SacRiver
    Posts
    460

    Default Tower Park to Giustis

    I wanted to do a run from Sacramento down to Giustis but realized you can't get through at Walnut Grove. So now I'm considering launching at Tower Park and then running up the N Mokelumne
    How far is to go from one to the other?
    Thanks
    Bill

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    I spoke with the folks who run those cross channel gates yesterday and today since we have the Vet's Run going thru there tomorrow. We have been told they will be open until further notice and they will be open tomorrow.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Areyouliving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SacRiver
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
    I spoke with the folks who run those cross channel gates yesterday and today since we have the Vet's Run going thru there tomorrow. We have been told they will be open until further notice and they will be open tomorrow.
    The gates at Walnut Grove?? Sweet! Thank you
    Last edited by Areyouliving; 09-11-2015 at 01:41 PM.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Bubbletop409's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Castro Valley, State of Insanity
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Can anyone tell me if the gates at Walnut Grove are going to be open this coming weekend 9-18 to 9-20, or a phone number to verify? Thanks
    Larry

    62 Bel-Air 409
    260 Eagle XP HP500EFI
    2016 Corvette Z51
    79 Cole TR-2 Sunset Racecraft 565 (RIP Tracy)
    Remember in November
    Well done USN Seal Team 6

  7. #5
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbletop409 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the gates at Walnut Grove are going to be open this coming weekend 9-18 to 9-20, or a phone number to verify? Thanks
    916-978-5100 or 916-979-2194 try these numbers

  8. #6
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    We were told last weekend that the gates would be open for quite some time BUT they can close any time.

  9. #7
    Senior Member Areyouliving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SacRiver
    Posts
    460

    Default

    We ended up spending the weekend down there. I had never been through the gates or down the Mokulomne, what great time.
    Saw a couple of nice day cruisers on Sunday. One was yellow and white, think it was a 21 Schiada, other looked liked a 24 Spectra.
    We ended up running over 100 miles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150913_124352982.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	794473   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150913_124104280.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	794481  
    Last edited by Areyouliving; 09-17-2015 at 11:26 AM.

  10. #8
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areyouliving View Post
    We ended up spending the weekend down there. I had never been through the gates or down the Mokulomne, what great time.
    Saw a couple of nice day cruisers on Sunday. One was yellow and white, think it was a 21 Schiada, other looked liked a 24 Spectra.
    We ended up running over 100 miles.
    Looks like a nice loop, Hey Bill, where are the ships? (big boats in pics)



  11. #9
    pay me or pay me no mind 707DOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    vallejo,cali
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pair View Post
    Looks like a nice loop, Hey Bill, where are the ships? (big boats in pics)
    Not sure name of the slough but they are just down from the old herman and Helens,


    I call it the brain tube, I've been telling her the more time she spends on it, the smarter it's going to make her.

  12. #10
    Senior Member east bay dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    east bay
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 707DOG View Post
    Not sure name of the slough but they are just down from the old herman and Helens,
    Think its little connection slough.........

  13. #11
    Senior Member Bubbletop409's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Castro Valley, State of Insanity
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
    916-978-5100 or 916-979-2194 try these numbers

    Thanks Rob, nice meeting you and your lovely wife at the Vet's run. Numbers saved.
    Larry

    62 Bel-Air 409
    260 Eagle XP HP500EFI
    2016 Corvette Z51
    79 Cole TR-2 Sunset Racecraft 565 (RIP Tracy)
    Remember in November
    Well done USN Seal Team 6

  14. #12
    ptc
    ptc is offline
    Senior Member ptc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sacramento Area
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 707DOG View Post
    Not sure name of the slough but they are just down from the old herman and Helens,
    Quote Originally Posted by east bay dale View Post
    Think its little connection slough.........

    Thats it.... the LITTLE CONNECTION SLOUGH by H&H and the Terminal Island Ferry crossing. We come down this route from Wimpys all the time to get to the San Joaquin R. and points beyond... Wind Mill Cove, Bora Bora BEach, Garlic Bros., Stockton Sailing, Stockton Esplande at the Marina....
    1975 Sanger True Flat - 496 BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

  15. #13
    Senior Member Areyouliving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SacRiver
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptc View Post
    Thats it.... the LITTLE CONNECTION SLOUGH by H&H and the Terminal Island Ferry crossing. We come down this route from Wimpys all the time to get to the San Joaquin R. and points beyond... Wind Mill Cove, Bora Bora BEach, Garlic Bros., Stockton Sailing, Stockton Esplande at the Marina....
    Sorry for the delay, I thought it was called Little Potato Slough, but could be wrong, but the marina over there is ghost town. Wish I would have grabbed pics of that. Kinda eerie. And yes just up from H&H.

    Bill
    Last edited by Areyouliving; 09-21-2015 at 03:28 PM.

  16. #14
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 707DOG View Post
    Not sure name of the slough but they are just down from the old herman and Helens,
    Quote Originally Posted by east bay dale View Post
    Think its little connection slough.........
    Quote Originally Posted by ptc View Post
    Thats it.... the LITTLE CONNECTION SLOUGH by H&H and the Terminal Island Ferry crossing. We come down this route from Wimpys all the time to get to the San Joaquin R. and points beyond... Wind Mill Cove, Bora Bora BEach, Garlic Bros., Stockton Sailing, Stockton Esplande at the Marina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Areyouliving View Post
    Sorry for the delay, I thought it was called Little Potato Slough, but could be wrong, but the marina over there is ghost town. Wish I would have grabbed pics of that. Kinda eerie. And yes just up from H&H.

    Bill
    You guys have my attention! The map shows Herman & Helens on Little Connection (running kinda north and south)

    Potato/Little Potato Slough runs from the San Joaquin (West to east) to Little Connection.

    Are the boats on Potato?



+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95