Psa: For the north/western delta area peeps
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread:
Psa: For the north/western delta area peeps

  1. #1
    pay me or pay me no mind 707DOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    vallejo,cali
    Posts
    3,266

    Default Psa: For the north/western delta area peeps

    About the Rio Vista Bridge Preservation Project
    DESCRIPTION

    The $37.1 million project includes cleaning and painting the drawbridge on State Highway 12 over the Sacramento River in Rio Vista. This work is scheduled to take three years. All work will be performed under traffic control and the bridge will remain open at all times. One of the walkways will be open to pedestrian-bicycle traffic around the clock.

    The contractor must accommodate the drawbridge operation at all times. The U.S. Coast Guard requires commercial and recreational vessels to provide four-hour advance notice to raise the drawbridge.

    Construction Ahead:
    The daily weekday construction schedule with one-way traffic control is from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 p.m. to 9 a.m. Friday. Weekend shifts are scheduled as needed from 9 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday. (All work is weather dependent.)
    PROJECT BENEFITS

    The Rio Vista Bridge Preservation Program involves two construction projects. The first project is underway and calls for cleaning and painting the drawbridge. The existing coating system is deteriorating at various locations of the bridge. Completion of this $37.1 million project is expected in winter 2020.

    The Rio Vista Bridge, officially named the Helen Madere Memorial Bridge, is located in Sacramento and Solano counties, about one-half mile from the Highway 12/Highway 160 junction. The vertical lift bridge was built in two stages between 1943-1945 and 1957-1960. It carries about 23,000 vehicles per day.

    The second project, which will cost an estimated $11.9 million to $19.2 million, will upgrade the mechanical and electrical operation of the bridge. Work is tentatively scheduled to start in spring 2022 and take two construction seasons to complete. This schedule is subject to change.


    FUNDING BREAKDOWN

    Project 1: Painting
    $37.1 millon

    Project 2: Mechanical and Electrical Upgrades
    $11.9 million to $19.2 million


    I call it the brain tube, I've been telling her the more time she spends on it, the smarter it's going to make her.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member port austin pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Granite Bay Ca.
    Posts
    378

    Default bridge repair

    Quote Originally Posted by 707DOG View Post
    About the Rio Vista Bridge Preservation Project
    DESCRIPTION

    The $37.1 million project includes cleaning and painting the drawbridge on State Highway 12 over the Sacramento River in Rio Vista. This work is scheduled to take three years. All work will be performed under traffic control and the bridge will remain open at all times. One of the walkways will be open to pedestrian-bicycle traffic around the clock.

    The contractor must accommodate the drawbridge operation at all times. The U.S. Coast Guard requires commercial and recreational vessels to provide four-hour advance notice to raise the drawbridge.

    Construction Ahead:
    The daily weekday construction schedule with one-way traffic control is from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 p.m. to 9 a.m. Friday. Weekend shifts are scheduled as needed from 9 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday. (All work is weather dependent.)
    PROJECT BENEFITS

    The Rio Vista Bridge Preservation Program involves two construction projects. The first project is underway and calls for cleaning and painting the drawbridge. The existing coating system is deteriorating at various locations of the bridge. Completion of this $37.1 million project is expected in winter 2020.

    The Rio Vista Bridge, officially named the Helen Madere Memorial Bridge, is located in Sacramento and Solano counties, about one-half mile from the Highway 12/Highway 160 junction. The vertical lift bridge was built in two stages between 1943-1945 and 1957-1960. It carries about 23,000 vehicles per day.

    The second project, which will cost an estimated $11.9 million to $19.2 million, will upgrade the mechanical and electrical operation of the bridge. Work is tentatively scheduled to start in spring 2022 and take two construction seasons to complete. This schedule is subject to change.


    FUNDING BREAKDOWN

    Project 1: Painting
    $37.1 millon

    Project 2: Mechanical and Electrical Upgrades
    $11.9 million to $19.2 million
    N.P. says he could have it done IN ABOUT TWO WEEKS, for half the price

  4. #3
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by port austin pirate View Post
    N.P. says he could have it done IN ABOUT TWO WEEKS, for half the price
    Yo Ho Ho .......... Sup pirate?



  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member port austin pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Granite Bay Ca.
    Posts
    378

    Default Sup

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pair View Post
    Yo Ho Ho .......... Sup pirate?
    Just home projects ( replaceing some windows) Hey M.P. is it time to start working on the boat? Doesn't boating season start pretty soon?

  7. #5
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by port austin pirate View Post
    Just home projects ( replaceing some windows) Hey M.P. is it time to start working on the boat? Doesn't boating season start pretty soon?
    Those of us in the mosquito abatement outboard club go boating all year. We put gas in them, add a lil oil to the tank, turn the keys and go. We enjoy boating, not sitting around talking about boating & making excuses why our carboats can't go boating all year.

  8. #6
    rollin on the river DAVEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oakley, CA
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
    Those of us in the mosquito abatement outboard club go boating all year. We put gas in them, add a lil oil to the tank, turn the keys and go. We enjoy boating, not sitting around talking about boating & making excuses why our carboats can't go boating all year.
    If I had a giant floating bath tub id not worry about weather either. But my nice wood floors and carpet would get destroyed.
    Alcohol free since 8/8/1993
    My life is just a dream....

  9. #7
    a.k.a. "Mean Pair" Nice Pair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I want out of Kalifornia
    Posts
    5,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
    Those of us in the mosquito abatement outboard club go boating all year. We put gas in them, add a lil oil to the tank, turn the keys and go. We enjoy boating, not sitting around talking about boating & making excuses why our carboats can't go boating all year.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVEO View Post
    If I had a giant floating bath tub id not worry about weather either. But my nice wood floors and carpet would get destroyed.
    And you turkey's call me "mean Pair"



  10. #8
    Senior Member port austin pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Granite Bay Ca.
    Posts
    378

    Default M addons

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pair View Post
    And you turkey's call me "mean Pair"
    So your sayin it could be time to add MLP and MD to the mean list, But gotta say Daveo, I think old MEAN LAKE PALs barbs were aimed at me and not you,and in all fairness I nail ol MLP all the time with stuff like the THE FRIDGE EN THE MAYTAG MAN so its just comin around keeps me smilein carry on

  11. #9
    rollin on the river DAVEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oakley, CA
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pair View Post
    And you turkey's call me "mean Pair"
    I would never call you mean pair. Your the nicest grumpy old guy I know!!!!
    Alcohol free since 8/8/1993
    My life is just a dream....

  12. #10
    rollin on the river DAVEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oakley, CA
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by port austin pirate View Post
    So your sayin it could be time to add MLP and MD to the mean list, But gotta say Daveo, I think old MEAN LAKE PALs barbs were aimed at me and not you,and in all fairness I nail ol MLP all the time with stuff like the THE FRIDGE EN THE MAYTAG MAN so its just comin around keeps me smilein carry on
    Us car boat guys have to stick together!!! 👍
    Alcohol free since 8/8/1993
    My life is just a dream....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95