Sat June 9
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread:
Sat June 9

  1. #1
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,944

    Default Sat June 9

    Anyone up for a lunch run to Haven Acres? We are there yesterday and it was great. It's an easy couple mile cruise from the SJR just west of Stockton, plenty deep, cool place.
    Rick, thanks for the ride. We did the entire loop past Tracy Oasis, onto the trailer, around the dam, past a bunch of awesome beaches.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	20180602_120507_1528042091653.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1022503 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20180602_114626_1528042107212.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	1022505 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20180602_114404_1528042128196.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	1022507 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20180602_112845_1528042147244.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	1022511 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20180602_110229_1528042166070.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	1022513

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	20180602_105718_1528042188795.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1022515

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements

  3. #2
    Senior Member Deltarat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Discovery Bay Ca.
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    That's my favorite route, every time my boat hit the water that is my path..... that is Stoker water at its finest
    What happens on the Delta stays on the Delta

  4. #3
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    Jon Bloom and I talked about going thru there several times but never did. Rick's lil boat fit perfectly on their new trailer, which is a very nice trailer. I would guess a Stoker fits nice on there too. We saw some debris floating but not bad. It's a short ride from the main channel of SJR.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements

  6. #4
    rollin on the river DAVEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oakley, CA
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    Very cool ride through there.
    Alcohol free since 8/8/1993
    My life is just a dream....

  7. #5
    Senior Member HighVoltage329's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Jose, Ca.
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
    Jon Bloom and I talked about going thru there several times but never did. Rick's lil boat fit perfectly on their new trailer, which is a very nice trailer. I would guess a Stoker fits nice on there too. We saw some debris floating but not bad. It's a short ride from the main channel of SJR.
    Couldn't you guys just carry Rick's boat across

  8. #6
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    We thought about carrying his boat but didn't want to spill our beers.

  9. #7
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    Let's meet at Porthole about 10am on Saturday. Take SJR almost to Stockton then turn right and follow along to Haven Acres for lunch. There was a snag/tree in the channel on the way down there so keep your eyes open. We will probably need to side tie together at the dock.

  10. #8
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    Rumor has it Nice Pair isn't allowed out to play on his boat this weekend. NP we have empty seats for you if needed.

  11. #9
    Senior Member orngxtc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Petaluma
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Lets see if I can get this picture thing to work. I have one from almost 4 years ago during the September vdrive run that had me a little panicd at the time. My copilot was my 9 year old daughter and we were stuck and the bow was pointed in a bad direction to light it off and punch it. We were traveling thru the same area you are referring to. I think we had 30 or so boats that used the that trailer that day. Great memories

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	9FEAC4EB-7E9A-42C7-80BF-79A2F7F6C657.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	1022553Click image for larger version.

Name:	B39F36D0-904A-4DD1-94B6-FE559ECDA6D3.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	1022555

    http://www.performanceboats.com/atta...9&d=1528173859

    http://www.performanceboats.com/atta...7&d=1528173859
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	9FEAC4EB-7E9A-42C7-80BF-79A2F7F6C657.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	1022551
    Last edited by orngxtc; 06-04-2018 at 10:09 PM.

  12. #10
    Senior Member Deltarat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Discovery Bay Ca.
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HighVoltage329 View Post
    Couldn't you guys just carry Rick's boat across
    lol
    What happens on the Delta stays on the Delta

  13. #11
    Senior Member Deltarat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Discovery Bay Ca.
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orngxtc View Post
    Lets see if I can get this picture thing to work. I have one from almost 4 years ago during the September vdrive run that had me a little panicd at the time. My copilot was my 9 year old daughter and we were stuck and the bow was pointed in a bad direction to light it off and punch it. We were traveling thru the same area you are referring to. I think we had 30 or so boats that used the that trailer that day. Great memories

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	9FEAC4EB-7E9A-42C7-80BF-79A2F7F6C657.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	1022553Click image for larger version.

Name:	B39F36D0-904A-4DD1-94B6-FE559ECDA6D3.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	1022555

    http://www.performanceboats.com/atta...9&d=1528173859

    http://www.performanceboats.com/atta...7&d=1528173859
    Some where I have some video of us all going through that stuff.... that was a fun run.
    What happens on the Delta stays on the Delta

  14. #12
    Senior Member HighVoltage329's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Jose, Ca.
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
    Let's meet at Porthole about 10am on Saturday. Take SJR almost to Stockton then turn right and follow along to Haven Acres for lunch. There was a snag/tree in the channel on the way down there so keep your eyes open. We will probably need to side tie together at the dock.
    OK, we will play Saturday and do out work Sunday...hint hint

  15. #13
    Senior Member lake p.a.l.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Benicia, CA
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HighVoltage329 View Post
    OK, we will play Saturday and do out work Sunday...hint hint
    Maybe Nice Pair could do the same. Oh wait, he's retired, he doesn't have time to go boating. Now I just confused myself, again, which is easily done. I thought when you retired you had time to do things you supposedly love to do??? Somehow it sounds like I screwed this all up....

  16. #14
    pay me or pay me no mind 707DOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    vallejo,cali
    Posts
    3,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
    Jon Bloom and I talked about going thru there several times but never did. Rick's lil boat fit perfectly on their new trailer, which is a very nice trailer. I would guess a Stoker fits nice on there too. We saw some debris floating but not bad. It's a short ride from the main channel of SJR.
    240's fit nice on there too, for my maiden voyage after surgery some cool old guys showed me that route it was awesome or maybe it was the company i kept that day that made it awesome


    I call it the brain tube, I've been telling her the more time she spends on it, the smarter it's going to make her.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95