Delta trip July 10-13
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread:
Delta trip July 10-13

  1. #1
    The Insurance Guy millhouse961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Santa Ynez, CA
    Posts
    1,922

    Default Delta trip July 10-13

    Hey guys, we rented the Farm at Orwood and will be there for a guys trip for the weekend. Launching at orwood and are just a couple minutes down the channel towards Disco Bay. So where would be the best places to go? I've heard of ski beach near there but may avoid that area to stay away from the riff-raff as well as sheriff boats. Where do you guys like to go around that area?
    2003 Cobra 270 Razor

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member bonecrusher36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Windmill Cove is a fun place to spend the day, Ski Beach is a great place to try out your MMA skills. Lot's of drunk steroid boys.

  4. #3
    The Insurance Guy millhouse961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Santa Ynez, CA
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bonecrusher36 View Post
    Windmill Cove is a fun place to spend the day, Ski Beach is a great place to try out your MMA skills. Lot's of drunk steroid boys.
    Which direction is Windmill cove from where we are staying?
    2003 Cobra 270 Razor

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Member bonecrusher36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    38

    Default

    It's on the Stockton Channel past LOST ISLE. 20-30 minute boat ride

  7. #5
    Sit N' Spin Jetaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Droppin' the kids off at the pool
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millhouse961 View Post
    Which direction is Windmill cove from where we are staying?
    Unless you've been there before and been down the route a couple of times, it's a tricky ride to get from Orwood to the main channel.

    But basically coming out of Orwood, you go toward Disco Bay. Follow the levee on your left...wherever it turns you turn.

    Keep following this levee until you come to a railroad bridge (about 5-6 miles from Orwood). Cross under the bridge, then take an immediate right.

    Take that slough until it dead ends (this slough runs along the north side of the RR bridge), then go left, then take your very first right (it's actually a diagonal right). It will dead end at the levee. Turn left to follow this levee.

    Follow the levee on your right for about 4 miles (on the map you are now on Middle River). Within that 4 miles, you'll cross under a bridge, then the levee will turn to the right about a mile north of the bridge. Follow the levee around the bend.

    Take that slough (Empire Cut on your map) till it dead ends to a T, then turn left.

    You'll cross under a bridge which marks the no wake zone for Tiki Lagun. Once past the no wake zone, follow the levee to your right which will take you to the main channel (you are now on Turner Cut on the map). Once at the main channel, turn right.

    Windmill Cove is about 3 miles up from there past marker 34 on the right hand side. You'll see a windmill up on the levee that marks the entrance.

    Total trip will be about a 20 mile ride.
    Last edited by Jetaholic; 07-01-2009 at 03:11 PM.



    Quote Originally Posted by HammerDown
    Kendall L-427 Super Blu...extreme-pressure (ep) lithium complex keeps my thrusting balls happy
    Quote Originally Posted by back2k5 View Post
    Well I am putting in a nice stereo system in the Carrera...maybe Ill put on some rap and turn the scoop sideways

  8. #6
    The Insurance Guy millhouse961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Santa Ynez, CA
    Posts
    1,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetaholic View Post
    Unless you've been there before and been down the route a couple of times, it's a tricky ride to get from Orwood to the main channel.

    But basically coming out of Orwood, you go toward Disco Bay. Follow the levee on your left...wherever it turns you turn.

    Keep following this levee until you come to a railroad bridge (about 5-6 miles from Orwood). Cross under the bridge, then take an immediate right.

    Take that slough until it dead ends (this slough runs along the north side of the RR bridge), then go left, then take your very first right (it's actually a diagonal right). It will dead end at the levee. Turn left to follow this levee.

    Follow the levee on your right for about 4 miles (on the map you are now on Middle River). Within that 4 miles, you'll cross under a bridge, then the levee will turn to the right about a mile north of the bridge. Follow the levee around the bend.

    Take that slough (Empire Cut on your map) till it dead ends to a T, then turn left.

    You'll cross under a bridge which marks the no wake zone for Tiki Lagun. Once past the no wake zone, follow the levee to your right which will take you to the main channel (you are now on Turner Cut on the map). Once at the main channel, turn right.

    Windmill Cove is about 3 miles up from there past marker 34 on the right hand side. You'll see a windmill up on the levee that marks the entrance.

    Total trip will be about a 20 mile ride.
    Wow, that is confusing. I followed it on the map though and I see it now. Looks like I'm not gonna be drinking much on the water cause this would be really easy to get lost.
    2003 Cobra 270 Razor

  9. #7
    pay me or pay me no mind 707DOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    vallejo,cali
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millhouse961 View Post
    Wow, that is confusing. I followed it on the map though and I see it now. Looks like I'm not gonna be drinking much on the water cause this would be really easy to get lost.
    you shouldnt drink on the water get a map and a bunch of road soda's and enjoy


    I call it the brain tube, I've been telling her the more time she spends on it, the smarter it's going to make her.

  10. #8
    the silver bullet! TUNNEL T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    disovery bay
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millhouse961 View Post
    Wow, that is confusing. I followed it on the map though and I see it now. Looks like I'm not gonna be drinking much on the water cause this would be really easy to get lost.
    drinking always helps us get back home !!!!!!!
    union point ,paradise ,wimpys
    windmill ,garlic brothers ,riverboat are just a few spots !!



    KEEP THAT MAP HANDY YOU MIGHT NEED IT !!!!TUNNEL T
    FINAL TOUCH DETAILING

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95