Big cat poker run
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 61

Thread:
Big cat poker run

  1. #1
    Senior Member DaveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    F.C, Norcal
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Big cat poker run

    Whats the dealio? Whose going?
    Car-boat motors

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    KAP
    KAP is offline
    32 DW X-CAT KAP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Casa de Cappy Diego by the Bay
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Comment:

    Signed up getting the boat ready and booked my hotel all in one shot.

    I sure hope it is worth it all of my DLB boater friends tell me it will be worth the 11 hour drive towing our boat.

    I heard I need a good map and GPS and I should be good to go.

    This will be an interesting trip hope to meet more of the DLB people so far they are awesome boaters and great peeps.

    The BIG CAT poker run has been on my bucket list for awhile we were gonna wait until next year to go but figured we need to at least scope it out this year.

    If it turn out to be a lot of fun we will make it an annual event on our calendar.

    KAP

    P.S. Hulshot hope your around that weekend as well as Rik and a few others.
    Last edited by KAP; 07-29-2010 at 09:13 PM.

  4. #3
    Diesel Pimp WINspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East Bay, ca
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KAP View Post
    Comment:

    Signed up getting the boat ready and booked my hotel all in one shot.

    I sure hope it is worth it all of my DLB boater friends tell me it will be worth the 11 hour drive towing our boat.

    I heard I need a good map and GPS and I should be good to go.

    This will be an interesting trip hope to meet more of the DLB people so far they are awesome boaters and great peeps.

    The BIG CAT poker run has been on my bucket list for awhile we were gonna wait until next year to go but figured we need to at least scope it out this year.

    If it turn out to be a lot of fun we will make it an annual event on our calendar.

    KAP

    P.S. Hulshot hope your around that weekend as well as Rik and a few others.

    I just bought some 2x4's and plywood to add enough length to participate. LOL.

    Where does it take place?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    KAP
    KAP is offline
    32 DW X-CAT KAP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Casa de Cappy Diego by the Bay
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WINspeed View Post
    I just bought some 2x4's and plywood to add enough length to participate. LOL.

    Where does it take place?
    Comment:

    Hey you show up you might get a prize for the underdog in a big cat fight.....ha ha.

    What are talking about we only have a 28ft boat which makes it a kitten compared to all the big cat hardware showing up.

    You can get all the info. by typing www.bigcatpokerrun.com the website is updated every so often and has all the information.

    Judging by the response thus far it does not appear to be heavily attended by PB online members.

    KAP

  7. #5
    Senior Member DaveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    F.C, Norcal
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    HI KAP.

    you should not have any trouble in your 28' boat on the delta. That is unless you have size envy.

    I think my cronies and myself will be going but not running in the event. I've always wanted to check this out. I haven't been to this event but we are looking forward to it also.

    The DLB should be along shortly to give us some info. They are probably still recovering from their last run.

    BTW; The GPS is key. you can get a Delta map from West Marine (if not you can probably find one upon your arrival). Then its no problem. If not I have 20 copies in my boat. But don't follow me, you will never make it.

    Hope to see you there.

    WINSPEED; its in discovery bay.
    Last edited by DaveC; 07-30-2010 at 09:16 AM.
    Car-boat motors

  8. #6
    !%@#$ Racer52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Stockton, CA
    Posts
    508

    Default

    I have done the Big Cat 4 times in a 26 cat with no problems. Just have to pay attention and let it hang out. Been a while since I took my boat on this run. Maybe this wouldbe a good year to do it again? Hmmm

    racer
    Last edited by Racer52; 07-30-2010 at 10:18 AM.

  9. #7
    the silver bullet! TUNNEL T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    disovery bay
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    kap when are you coming up ????, i'm gonna go run the first two stops in the morn then a boys football game at 2pm then off to a wedding at 6pm so my day is packed .like too hook up maybe fri at ski beach or garlic bros for a coldie !!!!
    FINAL TOUCH DETAILING

  10. #8
    KAP
    KAP is offline
    32 DW X-CAT KAP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Casa de Cappy Diego by the Bay
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    HI KAP.

    you should not have any trouble in your 28' boat on the delta. That is unless you have size envy.

    I think my cronies and myself will be going but not running in the event. I've always wanted to check this out. I haven't been to this event but we are looking forward to it also.

    The DLB should be along shortly to give us some info. They are probably still recovering from their last run.

    BTW; The GPS is key. you can get a Delta map from West Marine (if not you can probably find one upon your arrival). Then its no problem. If not I have 20 copies in my boat. But don't follow me, you will never make it.

    Hope to see you there.

    WINSPEED; its in discovery bay.
    Hey DaveC:

    Did you say size envy....love double D's C's etc... are you talking boats.

    I have a great sense of direction and can use a GPS and plotter. However, I'm kinda old school and love a great detailed map chart.

    We look forward to this trip it really has been on my list for a long time.

    Quote Originally Posted by TUNNEL T View Post
    kap when are you coming up ????, i'm gonna go run the first two stops in the morn then a boys football game at 2pm then off to a wedding at 6pm so my day is packed .like too hook up maybe fri at ski beach or garlic bros for a coldie !!!!
    Ola Tunnel T:

    We should be arriving on Thursday early so we can get our bearings straight. Booked a hotel in Brentwood I am going to talk to Rayzor and Rik hopefully they will be around. I would also like to meet up with you and Hulshot and a few others.

    This is an adult trip just the wife and I the kids are staying with their arbuelos. Friday is definitely open and maybe we can get everyone together for a pre poker run excursion. I am all about burning some fuel that weekend and hitting the bar afterward---hell no kids and a weekend of boating with my wife/wingman it's gonna be fun.

    That sounds great thus far I am very impressed with the DLB peeps they have great hospitality and class. Wish we had a Southern Calif Branch of DLB...a SCLB but I have found it is the people that make the club and not the title.

    Midwest boaters are the same way tons of hospitality and love to go fast in any type of boat.

    Hope to cultivate more performance boating friendships and get to see some nice catamarans.

    Tunnel T, I will PM you contact information as it gets closer.

    KAP

    P.S. The name of our boat is Miss Silver Bullet.

  11. #9
    the silver bullet! TUNNEL T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    disovery bay
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KAP View Post
    Hey DaveC:

    Did you say size envy....love double D's C's etc... are you talking boats.

    I have a great sense of direction and can use a GPS and plotter. However, I'm kinda old school and love a great detailed map chart.

    We look forward to this trip it really has been on my list for a long time.



    Ola Tunnel T:

    We should be arriving on Thursday early so we can get our bearings straight. Booked a hotel in Brentwood I am going to talk to Rayzor and Rik hopefully they will be around. I would also like to meet up with you and Hulshot and a few others.

    This is an adult trip just the wife and I the kids are staying with their arbuelos. Friday is definitely open and maybe we can get everyone together for a pre poker run excursion. I am all about burning some fuel that weekend and hitting the bar afterward---hell no kids and a weekend of boating with my wife/wingman it's gonna be fun.

    That sounds great thus far I am very impressed with the DLB peeps they have great hospitality and class. Wish we had a Southern Calif Branch of DLB...a SCLB but I have found it is the people that make the club and not the title.

    Midwest boaters are the same way tons of hospitality and love to go fast in any type of boat.

    Hope to cultivate more performance boating friendships and get to see some nice catamarans.

    Tunnel T, I will PM you contact information as it gets closer.

    KAP

    P.S. The name of our boat is Miss Silver Bullet.
    sounds great a weekend of boating with the wife and no kids !!!
    normally fri there is a lunch run for some of the big dogs but we (the dlb ) can definately take you on a little tour .keep in touch!!!TUNNEL T
    FINAL TOUCH DETAILING

  12. #10
    Senior Member Hullshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dicovery Bay
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    Yep I will be attending this one as well. I will be in a 27 eliminator with Waffleman, supportin the DLB entries. Dont worry Kap the run will be a good turn out of all types of boats. A few years ago I ran it in a 21 eliminator. Good New Travels fast ran it one year in a 20 stoker and made it 2 stops, water was just too big that day but I think he got the biggest balls award and Racer got I think some prize money for broken boat award for blowing off his engine hatch while sailing through the air over a big wake at some insane speed...

  13. #11
    Senior Member jsantos12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Hoping to make the poker run and help represent also. Just waiting to knock out some issues at work.

  14. #12
    Wasted Wages usaranger4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Ramon
    Posts
    236

    Default

    X2, if I can't make it sat, would love to do a "pre run porker run"
    "Stay alert, Stay alive. RLTW"

  15. #13
    KAP
    KAP is offline
    32 DW X-CAT KAP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Casa de Cappy Diego by the Bay
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hullshot View Post
    Yep I will be attending this one as well. I will be in a 27 eliminator with Waffleman, supportin the DLB entries. Dont worry Kap the run will be a good turn out of all types of boats. A few years ago I ran it in a 21 eliminator. Good New Travels fast ran it one year in a 20 stoker and made it 2 stops, water was just too big that day but I think he got the biggest balls award and Racer got I think some prize money for broken boat award for blowing off his engine hatch while sailing through the air over a big wake at some insane speed...
    Hey Hullshot:

    Should I put the cleaver combination on or leave the Bravo setup the cleaver has better midrange, holeshot and planing ability and the Bravo has the top end and fuel economy.

    Is this a fast event or a mid-range cruise get around a lot of traffic event. For Example: the LOTO poker run is all about top speed hanging it out for like 40miles to the first card stop then look for more fuel somewhere.

    Look forward to meeting up we should be in town on Thursday late afternoon I will PM you contact information.

    KAP

    P.S. I feel better knowing you ran it in a 21 Eliminator I thought our little boat at 28ft was going to be a dinghy.

    P.P.S. Where is the best place to launch we are staying in Brentwood at the Hampton Inn hoping to run on Friday. We have never been to the Delta so any and all information is appreciated by the veterans. Is VP110 fuel available anywhere at the pump or am I dellusional?
    Last edited by KAP; 08-04-2010 at 07:44 AM.

  16. #14
    Northern CA DCB Sales Boatmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KAP View Post
    Hey Hullshot:

    Should I put the cleaver combination on or leave the Bravo setup the cleaver has better midrange, holeshot and planing ability and the Bravo has the top end and fuel economy.

    Is this a fast event or a mid-range cruise get around a lot of traffic event. For Example: the LOTO poker run is all about top speed hanging it out for like 40miles to the first card stop then look for more fuel somewhere.

    Look forward to meeting up we should be in town on Thursday late afternoon I will PM you contact information.

    KAP

    P.S. I feel better knowing you ran it in a 21 Eliminator I thought our little boat at 28ft was going to be a dinghy.

    P.P.S. Where is the best place to launch we are staying in Brentwood at the Hampton Inn hoping to run on Friday. We have never been to the Delta so any and all information is appreciated by the veterans. Is VP110 fuel available anywhere at the pump or am I dellusional?
    Either Orwood or Discovery Bay would be your best bet for launch. I would run which ever props that set you up for the best all around handling. There is a marina (Bullfrog) about four miles from Disco that sell race fuel on the water. Hope this helps and look forward to seeing you on Fri.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95