Lake Don Pedro-2 WINspeed-0
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread:
Lake Don Pedro-2 WINspeed-0

  1. #1
    Diesel Pimp WINspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East Bay, ca
    Posts
    1,256

    Default Lake Don Pedro-2 WINspeed-0

    Well Don Pedro, you win again. And a huge thank you to Rick and OC for the combo tow home. You guys were life savers. I was preparing to spend the night out there in my oil soaked boat. I can't thank you guys enough!

    Stacy and I had fun at Pedro though, thank you guys for your hospitality! Always a good time!

    The trip took it's toll on my poor boat. My driver seat came apart, the eye that holds the boat on the trailer broke, and I almost lost it on the freeway coming home, and the carpet is pulling up because it is soaked with 10 qts of Red Line 20-50 on top of the motor issue.

    I pulled the motor today and it looks like the intake gasket blew out and filled the motor full of water. I guess I should have listened to the guy back east, who I bought that Imco lower off of, and kept an eye on water pressure. Live and learn.

    It looks like my season will be cut short. But it was a ton of fun.. Thanks to all of the DLB for a great year!

    What do you do when your motor blows up? Build it bigger and badder!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Don Pedro disaster 002.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	303.3 KB 
ID:	83196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Don Pedro disaster 015.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	307.7 KB 
ID:	83198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Don Pedro disaster 021.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	312.5 KB 
ID:	83203   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Don Pedro disaster 016.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	293.3 KB 
ID:	83206  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Hullshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dicovery Bay
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    Ouch, Water pressure can be a issue. Damn I didn't think the drive would outlast the motor.....

  4. #3
    Senior Member oldschool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    762

    Default

    Sorry to hear about the damage, if it make you feel any better your not alone. You definetly filled that sucker up. Hope things aren't too ugly when you start digging into it. I'll be doing that with mine shortly. When did you have the problems?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    !%@#$ Racer52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Stockton, CA
    Posts
    508

    Default

    That really suks. We had water pressure issues before also. Make sure when it goes back together it goes in with a water pressure bypass valve. Cheap and they really work.

    Racer

  7. #5
    Northern CA DCB Sales Boatmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Sorry to hear that Adam. Nice talking with you guys on Saturday. Hope to see you on the water soon.

  8. #6
    Diesel Pimp WINspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East Bay, ca
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hullshot View Post
    Ouch, Water pressure can be a issue. Damn I didn't think the drive would outlast the motor.....
    LOL, ya me neither. I figured I would go through several of your drives with that motor JK

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Sorry to hear about the damage, if it make you feel any better your not alone. You definetly filled that sucker up. Hope things aren't too ugly when you start digging into it. I'll be doing that with mine shortly. When did you have the problems?
    Ohh you too? Man that's not good. It let loose near moccasin as it was getting dark outside. I discovered the problem at 110 mph as Stacy and I were being covered with oil. lol. She's a trooper though didn't complain a bit. I think I found a keeper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Racer52 View Post
    That really suks. We had water pressure issues before also. Make sure when it goes back together it goes in with a water pressure bypass valve. Cheap and they really work.

    Racer
    Were do you get the bypass? Thanks for the advice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatmaster View Post
    Sorry to hear that Adam. Nice talking with you guys on Saturday. Hope to see you on the water soon.
    Good talking to you too Drew, It depends on how much my machine shop bill is. If it's going to be a big one I'll go full johnny and put some cnc ported heads on it and a few other things. I want 100 more hp so it may be next season. But we'll see.

  9. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default

    dont sweat the tow in.....its nothin'.....I'm just wishin' i didnt give you my last beer...lol !!! you needed it more than me...its all good. sorry about the boat hope you get back on the water sooner than later. be lookin' for ya soon, best of luck ...rick

  10. #8
    Senior Member Familycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Jose CA
    Posts
    848

    Default Missing Reef sandals!

    It appears somone took a pair of black reef sandals and left a pair of brown O'neal sandals in front of our houseboat on Saturday afternoon. The Reef's were new and my son Brad's. I'm sure it was just a mix up but we would like to get them back. Anyone come up with a pair of sandals. PM me if you want to keep it off the boards.

    Thanks you,

    Rick
    "Equity at its Best"

  11. #9
    Diesel Pimp WINspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East Bay, ca
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydda1 View Post
    dont sweat the tow in.....its nothin'.....I'm just wishin' i didnt give you my last beer...lol !!! you needed it more than me...its all good. sorry about the boat hope you get back on the water sooner than later. be lookin' for ya soon, best of luck ...rick
    LOL, ya that beer came at a good time. LOL. I'll get ya back, you can be sure of that! Thanks again Rick!

    Quote Originally Posted by Familycat View Post
    It appears somone took a pair of black reef sandals and left a pair of brown O'neal sandals in front of our houseboat on Saturday afternoon. The Reef's were new and my son Brad's. I'm sure it was just a mix up but we would like to get them back. Anyone come up with a pair of sandals. PM me if you want to keep it off the boards.

    Thanks you,

    Rick
    No dice here, just my pair of broken down brown Quicksilvers and Stacy's diamond studded flip flops. Sorry Rick.

  12. #10
    !%@#$ Racer52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Stockton, CA
    Posts
    508

    Default

    The bypass valve can be bought from CP, Rex, Dana, or Teague I'm sure.
    Give me a shout if you are going to upgrade to CNC heads, I may have just what you need.

    Racer

  13. #11
    Senior Member Hullshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dicovery Bay
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Racer52 View Post
    The bypass valve can be bought from CP, Rex, Dana, or Teague I'm sure.
    Give me a shout if you are going to upgrade to CNC heads, I may have just what you need.

    Racer
    might be too small for the inches he has and the nitros crap he cheats with

  14. #12
    Senior Member Deltarat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Discovery Bay Ca.
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hullshot View Post
    might be too small for the inches he has and the nitros crap he cheats with
    lol
    What happens on the Delta stays on the Delta

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95