Just thought I wouuld pass this along.
Chapter 4: The Legal Requirements of Boating
Who May Operate a Vessel or a PWC
Who May Operate a Vessel - Effective May 1, 2010
A person younger than 26 years old may operate a vessel with a motor of 10 horsepower or greater on North Carolina waters only if he or she:
Anyone operating a vessel with a motor of 10 horsepower or greater must:
- Completes and passes a boating safety course that is approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) and accepted by the Wildlife Resources Commission or…
- Is accompanied on board by and under the direct supervision of a person who is at least 26 years old or…
- Is accompanied on board by and under the direct supervision of a person who is at least 18 years old and who has passed an approved boating safety course.
New Boating Law
- Carry on board his or her boater education certification card or other proof of compliance with the new law (see below) and…
- Make the card or other proof available upon request by an enforcement officer.
For more information and exemptions on the boating law (G.S. 75A -16.2) that becomes effective on May 1, 2010, visit: www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions/2009/Bills/Senate/PDF/S43v4.pdf
Glad I am exempt.