lean condition with air filters on???
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread:
lean condition with air filters on???

  1. #1
    Member RTRIEBESS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    63

    Default lean condition with air filters on???

    Have my motor on the dyno and it was running rich. We put the air filters on and it went way lean 15:1 and climbing from a steady 11:1 before the filters/spark arrestors. blower motor 850 demon blower carbs. basicly we cut the tops off the spark arresters and now it about a two inch volocity stack that goes to a flat piece of aluminum plate that the scoop mounts to and it is lean. if I take the scoop mount off it goes back to rich. Any ideas???????

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RTRIEBESS View Post
    Have my motor on the dyno and it was running rich. We put the air filters on and it went way lean 15:1 and climbing from a steady 11:1 before the filters/spark arrestors. blower motor 850 demon blower carbs. basicly we cut the tops off the spark arresters and now it about a two inch volocity stack that goes to a flat piece of aluminum plate that the scoop mounts to and it is lean. if I take the scoop mount off it goes back to rich. Any ideas???????
    It's obviously interfearing with the air signal to the carb, probably over the airbleeds.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  4. #3
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    It's obviously interfearing with the air signal to the carb, probably over the airbleeds.
    Or something is too close to the top of the bowl vents. You need at least 3/4 clearance over the bowl vents.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Member RTRIEBESS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Well the problem was the j bowl vents on the carbs. trimmed them like a street carb and lean condition gone. Thanks for the advise.

  7. #5
    It's what we do BDMarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    El Monte
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Or something is too close to the top of the bowl vents. You need at least 3/4 clearance over the bowl vents.
    Bob's my hero
    http://www.performanceboats.com//signaturepics/sigpic837_1.gif
    B & D Marine Performance
    El Monte, Ca.

  8. #6
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BDMarine View Post
    Bob's my hero
    Carburators suck! Literally. Never fall for that BS that the engine is what sucks, or its really atmospheric pressure pushing in. Its the carbs. THEY SUCK!



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95