Mercury Racing crate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 17

Thread:
Mercury Racing crate

  1. #1
    Platinum Member BigSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Close to the water...
    Posts
    2,014

    Default Mercury Racing crate

    Re rigging the boats, big Verdo goes to houseboat, new 300xs goes to 22 Daytona, WarCanoe gets bottom of hull blueprint and a Hydrive full hydraulic steering system

    I thought I might let GN-7 use the Daytona as a film boat for the GN class
    If you ain't the lead dog the view is always the same !

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Platinum Member BigSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Close to the water...
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    Re rigging the boats, big Verdo goes to houseboat, new 300xs goes to 22 Daytona, WarCanoe gets bottom of hull blueprint and a Hydrive full hydraulic steering system

    I thought I might let GN-7 use the Daytona as a film boat for the GN class
    Just a update, Installed and rigged houseboat added 4 Ft to the rear for protection of the motor and bulit a enclosed dog house over the 275 Merc Verado with table over it house boat now 16x 60 ft 2 story
    will relaunch Aug 5th bottom sand blasted and recoated bottom of hull

    22 Daytona ,installed Mercury 300Xs motor, waiting on a few last rigging parts, put boat on 400# diet
    should run next week

    Blue printed the bottom of the !9 Cougar hull (War Canoe) and modified the center pad for the
    The Parker 300, the rules make you run the gear case level to the bottom of the pad
    picked up 9 mph now runs 105 level to the bottom, should run 112-113 lifted 1 3/8 " above
    Going for the overall win this year at Parker !!! Picking up the Mercury Verado power system from the dealer today

    Spoke with the Head of Mercury racing at Desert Storm. He did the supercharged Verado and the Quad cam 1350 motor about water injestion trouble at high speed on the 300xs. Motor has rear air entry
    and at high speed water can be sucked up in the motor. The Church was sent the first 2 prototype engine cowls for real world performance testing will run the Skater w/twins and use one stock and one modified
    from side to side and check for water injestion and performance gain or losses
    If you ain't the lead dog the view is always the same !

  4. #3
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    Just a update, Installed and rigged houseboat added 4 Ft to the rear for protection of the motor and bulit a enclosed dog house over the 275 Merc Verado with table over it house boat now 16x 60 ft 2 story
    will relaunch Aug 5th bottom sand blasted and recoated bottom of hull

    22 Daytona ,installed Mercury 300Xs motor, waiting on a few last rigging parts, put boat on 400# diet
    should run next week

    Blue printed the bottom of the !9 Cougar hull (War Canoe) and modified the center pad for the
    The Parker 300, the rules make you run the gear case level to the bottom of the pad
    picked up 9 mph now runs 105 level to the bottom, should run 112-113 lifted 1 3/8 " above
    Going for the overall win this year at Parker !!! Picking up the Mercury Verado power system from the dealer today

    Spoke with the Head of Mercury racing at Desert Storm. He did the supercharged Verado and the Quad cam 1350 motor about water injestion trouble at high speed on the 300xs. Motor has rear air entry
    and at high speed water can be sucked up in the motor. The Church was sent the first 2 prototype engine cowls for real world performance testing will run the Skater w/twins and use one stock and one modified
    from side to side and check for water injestion and performance gain or losses
    Outboard-speak???

    Qsc;wkjerbgt;q/jrlawnmowerwbvc;.qkwje cnbljierv;ijwqlawnmower erc ;irf;jh3;jh13v. c13v13rf 13; cv 1c;lawnmower 13ijbf;woehc[p982y4;/1j3 fvbc.whjigpq34.
    wecli1weedwhackeruvwhecr. O bqw;rjiv 1re c;1whric 1;3kjhr vb;i13uweedwhacker rbv;3buvr;iubc1pl3iubrcv;123i ;lji3bec1 313c twostroke13r;p31r 1;3riu1b3fp;er
    1clh13c cb 13c;3rpuygfp[34f4tweedwhacker b[980b4wtp83469wr'tou rgn ;o4itvbn;2'4iuo9bhv24 v 4vgb;24 24 24;iuob24tg 24t;24./.lawnmower.

    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Platinum Member BigSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Close to the water...
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    Outboard-speak???

    Qsc;wkjerbgt;q/jrlawnmowerwbvc;.qkwje cnbljierv;ijwqlawnmower erc ;irf;jh3;jh13v. c13v13rf 13; cv 1c;lawnmower 13ijbf;woehc[p982y4;/1j3 fvbc.whjigpq34.
    wecli1weedwhackeruvwhecr. O bqw;rjiv 1re c;1whric 1;3kjhr vb;i13uweedwhacker rbv;3buvr;iubc1pl3iubrcv;123i ;lji3bec1 313c twostroke13r;p31r 1;3riu1b3fp;er
    1clh13c cb 13c;3rpuygfp[34f4tweedwhacker b[980b4wtp83469wr'tou rgn ;o4itvbn;2'4iuo9bhv24 v 4vgb;24 24 24;iuob24tg 24t;24./.lawnmower.

    LMAOROTF
    Steelcomp.

    If I didn't have to run a stock power head It would be on your bench waiting for your creative hands to do your magic to the block and pistons
    Your talent transends the language barrier
    My God be with you
    You are always welcome in the Outboard Church
    If you ain't the lead dog the view is always the same !

  7. #5
    Senior Member lbhsbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    Outboard-speak???

    Qsc;wkjerbgt;q/jrlawnmowerwbvc;.qkwje cnbljierv;ijwqlawnmower erc ;irf;jh3;jh13v. c13v13rf 13; cv 1c;lawnmower 13ijbf;woehc[p982y4;/1j3 fvbc.whjigpq34.
    wecli1weedwhackeruvwhecr. O bqw;rjiv 1re c;1whric 1;3kjhr vb;i13uweedwhacker rbv;3buvr;iubc1pl3iubrcv;123i ;lji3bec1 313c twostroke13r;p31r 1;3riu1b3fp;er
    1clh13c cb 13c;3rpuygfp[34f4tweedwhacker b[980b4wtp83469wr'tou rgn ;o4itvbn;2'4iuo9bhv24 v 4vgb;24 24 24;iuob24tg 24t;24./.lawnmower.

    Lmao
    GN7: "If you were to have ever had two brain cells you could rub together and make heat, you be dangerous"

  8. #6
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    LMAOROTF
    Steelcomp.

    If I didn't have to run a stock power head It would be on your bench waiting for your creative hands to do your magic to the block and pistons
    Your talent transends the language barrier
    My God be with you
    You are always welcome in the Outboard Church
    That would be something new. Hmmm. Parts is parts...
    LOL...I could learn "outboard"...
    Thanks.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  9. #7
    Senior Member lbhsbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    I can it now....steelcomp scratching his head staring at a 2smoke cylinder head..."well there's yer problem....where's the goddam valves?....Whaddya mean port the block"...
    GN7: "If you were to have ever had two brain cells you could rub together and make heat, you be dangerous"

  10. #8
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lbhsbz View Post
    I can it now....steelcomp scratching his head staring at a 2smoke cylinder head..."well there's yer problem....where's the goddam valves?....Whaddya mean port the block"...
    LOL...hey, I was the kid in the neighborhood doing all the porting on our dirt bikes. I remember when reed valves were the new craze!
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  11. #9
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Get back to me when you can remember Bridgestone motorcycles and rotory valves.

    I first glance I almost mistook you previous post as 4 cylinder rice burner speak. Very similar, but the Rs sound like Ls, and less mention of lawmmowers and weedwackers. But very similar.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by gn7; 07-14-2012 at 10:21 PM.

  12. #10
    Platinum Member BigSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Close to the water...
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Get back to me when you can remember Bridgestone motorcycles and rotory valves.

    I first glance I almost mistook you previous post as 4 cylinder rice burner speak. Very similar, but the Rs sound like Ls, and less mention of lawmmowers and weedwackers. But very similar.
    I had to look that one up

    Thought for a minute you might be losing it and sure as shit it pops up
    never heard of one of them before
    learn all sorts things on the dyno section
    If you ain't the lead dog the view is always the same !

  13. #11
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    I had to look that one up

    Thought for a minute you might be losing it and sure as shit it pops up
    never heard of one of them before
    learn all sorts things on the dyno section
    Would I pull you leg on something like that Steve?



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  14. #12
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Get back to me when you can remember Bridgestone motorcycles and rotory valves.

    I first glance I almost mistook you previous post as 4 cylinder rice burner speak. Very similar, but the Rs sound like Ls, and less mention of lawmmowers and weedwackers. But very similar.
    You know you're old when you feel the need to brag about it.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  15. #13
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    You mean like when you brag about being the neighborhood 2 stroke porter PRIOR to reed valves.
    By the way youngster, I was running crankcase mounted carbs with reed valves on McCulloch engines when you were still making a mess in you diapers.
    Suzuki tried to sell this as some NEW idea.
    Yeah, it was new.........20 years earlier.




    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  16. #14
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    You mean like when you brag about being the neighborhood 2 stroke porter PRIOR to reed valves.
    By the way youngster, I was running crankcase mounted carbs with reed valves on McCulloch engines when you were still making a mess in you diapers.
    Suzuki tried to sell this as some NEW idea.
    Yeah, it was new.........20 years earlier.
    I rmember some guy had a go-kart with two Mac90's on it...it killed him.

    I wasn't braggin, just putting things in perspective.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95