Hey GN7...which plugs
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 20

Thread:
Hey GN7...which plugs

  1. #1
    Senior Member EdonShano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arroyo Grande
    Posts
    2,129

    Default Hey GN7...which plugs

    So Bob, Scott and I were discussing which spark plug to run....
    Prefer the NGK's....what heat range????

    let the debate began.....

    before you ask..it's for the 588
    Formally know as UNFORGIVEN...

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    gn's off on a play date. you'll have to wait awhile...

  4. #3
    Senior Member EdonShano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arroyo Grande
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    Take a shot at it. Let's hear your guess
    Formally know as UNFORGIVEN...

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,110

    Default

    What compression and fuel you running???? Might help
    WFLC The REAL #321 Kentucky Drag Boat Association 2016 NJBA 10.0 High Points Champ

  7. #5
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    NGKs, period.
    I like 8s. some like to tune with 7s and run 8s. I toss a 9 in the thing and the readings seem to go to hell. The 7 do seem easier to read, but the 8s are easy enough for me.

    I agree with Steel on plug heat ranges though. The hottest plug you don't burn up. I have run 7s in a race at Puddingstone and the side electrode drooped alittle from heat. The gap was about .125 bt the end of the race. Puddingstone is a little unusual in the thing is WOT for 20 laps. We could probably get away with 7 at most courses, but I just buy 8s and it makes it easier.

    The hotter the better.
    My next choice is Autolites, but I can't seem to read anything but mixture on them. Others swear by them.
    Yes, bp298 is right, we are on a "hot date" but nothing too exciting goinmg on yet.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by gn7; 06-21-2012 at 04:30 PM.

  8. #6
    Bostick Racing Engines six-oh-nine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, Ca.
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    NGKs, period.
    I like 8s. some like to tune with 7s and run 8s. I toss a 9 in the thing and the readings seem to go to hell. The 7 do seem easier to read, but the 8s are easy enough for me.

    I agree with Steel on plug heat ranges though. The hottest plug you don't burn up. I have run 7s in a race at Puddingstone and the side electrode drooped alittle from heat. The gap was about .125 bt the end of the race. Puddingstone is a little unusual in the thing is WOT for 20 laps. We could probably get away with 7 at most courses, but I just buy 8s and it makes it easier.

    The hotter the better.
    My next choice is Autolites, but I can't seem to read anything but mixture on them. Others swear by them.
    Yes, bp298 is right, we are on a "hot date" but nothing too exciting goinmg on yet.
    x2

    I like to start with 8's and then go from there... but on the bottle I start with 9's then go from there. Something about having a little bit of safety margin to start off seems real apealing.
    The Bostick®

    Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want.

  9. #7
    Senior Member EdonShano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arroyo Grande
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    Pump gas deal. This is for my 26 Daytona. Comp is about 8 to 1
    Formally know as UNFORGIVEN...

  10. #8
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    You may very well be able to run 7 in that easily. I am not a big fan if running "cold" plugs. The plug will let you know its too hot. I think I would consider 7s as a intial start. That things big and you aren't going to be spinning it like a SBC. Your sure as hell don't need a plug that gives up when your cruising the channel, or trying to dock that beast.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  11. #9
    Senior Member jimclauss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mickleton, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    You may very well be able to run 7 in that easily. I am not a big fan if running "cold" plugs. The plug will let you know its too hot. I think I would consider 7s as a intial start. That things big and you aren't going to be spinning it like a SBC. Your sure as hell don't need a plug that gives up when your cruising the channel, or trying to dock that beast.
    9 in race boats (alky) and 7 in pleasure boat and 6 in stock boats ( BR6FS ) I would run a 6 in that one NGK even have 10/10.5/11 heat ranges by far the best
    Last edited by jimclauss; 06-21-2012 at 09:16 PM.

  12. #10
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimclauss View Post
    9 in race boats (alky) and 7 in pleasure boat and 6 in stock boats ( BR6FS ) I would run a 6 in that one NGK even have 10/10.5/11 heat ranges by far the best
    Uh Jim, it may have 8 to 1 compression, but it does have a 14-71 blower sitting on it with a fairly decent roller cam and you just recommended a a plug you recommend for a "stocker" Just sayin



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  13. #11
    Senior Member jimclauss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mickleton, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Uh Jim, it may have 8 to 1 compression, but it does have a 14-71 blower sitting on it with a fairly decent roller cam and you just recommended a a plug you recommend for a "stocker" Just sayin
    missed that( where did he say that? ) go with the 8 or 9 Now much boost?
    Last edited by jimclauss; 06-21-2012 at 09:40 PM.

  14. #12
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimclauss View Post
    missed that( where did he say that? ) go with the 8 or 9 Now much boost?
    He neglected to include that "little detail".
    It's a 588, 1471, 9-10# boost, hopefully in the 1100hp range. Max rpm 6500.
    I think the 7 is a good place ot start. May be a little warm...if he's going to poker run this thing, we can stick some 8's in it.
    Last edited by scott foxwell; 06-21-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  15. #13
    Senior Member racinjason65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    He neglected to include that "little detail".
    It's a 588, 1471, 9-10# boost, hopefully in the 1100hp range. Max rpm 6500.
    I think the 7 is a good place ot start. May be a little warm...if he's going to poker run this thing, we can stick some 8's in it.

    Hopefully he makes the Monster Bash Poker Run! I'd like to see this motor run!

  16. #14
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    He neglected to include that "little detail".
    It's a 588, 1471, 9-10# boost, hopefully in the 1100hp range. Max rpm 6500.
    I think the 7 is a good place ot start. May be a little warm...if he's going to poker run this thing, we can stick some 8's in it.
    That would be my approach.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95