[Question] blower carbs
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread:
blower carbs

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default blower carbs

    i'm thinking about setting up a blower for my engine, can you convert non blower holley carbs? how much of a pain in the ass is it to tune them. i've set up tunnel ram carbs before. what size carbs for a gas 496 with a 1271, its a lake boat not for racing ?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member jimclauss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mickleton, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hemdog View Post
    i'm thinking about setting up a blower for my engine, can you convert non blower holley carbs? how much of a pain in the ass is it to tune them. i've set up tunnel ram carbs before. what size carbs for a gas 496 with a 1271, its a lake boat not for racing ?
    yes, put it on a dyno, size ? need more info

  4. #3
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hemdog View Post
    i'm thinking about setting up a blower for my engine, can you convert non blower holley carbs? how much of a pain in the ass is it to tune them. i've set up tunnel ram carbs before. what size carbs for a gas 496 with a 1271, its a lake boat not for racing ?
    Yes. Like jimclauss posted, you need to have the carb MODEL NUMBER not just the carb size. Thats means almost nothing, specially when talking dominators. The planned boost/blower drive ratio, and engine specs like cam, heads, compression if possible.

    What type of boat and what its primary use is.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default blower carbs

    its a sanger pickel fork, just gonna use it on the lake. i have a set of square port closed chamber heads with a lot of work done to them, was told they were done by scott shafroff back in the day. wont run too much boost 5-6 lbs. this is new ground for me, only ran tunnel rams and that was back in the late 70s,early 80s. anybody ever hear of "island porting service" in broad channel ny? i used to work there when i was a kid. pete kenny was the owner.

  7. #5
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hemdog View Post
    its a sanger pickel fork, just gonna use it on the lake. i have a set of square port closed chamber heads with a lot of work done to them, was told they were done by scott shafroff back in the day. wont run too much boost 5-6 lbs. this is new ground for me, only ran tunnel rams and that was back in the late 70s,early 80s. anybody ever hear of "island porting service" in broad channel ny? i used to work there when i was a kid. pete kenny was the owner.
    do you have carbs now that you want to use, or are you looking to buy something that you can tune for a blower? Still no info here.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default blower carbs

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    do you have carbs now that you want to use, or are you looking to buy something that you can tune for a blower? Still no info here.
    theres a guy selling 750 center squrters and another selling a pair of 850 doubble pumpers. any of those work?

  9. #7
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hemdog View Post
    theres a guy selling 750 center squrters and another selling a pair of 850 doubble pumpers. any of those work?
    Forget the 750 center squiters. The 660s are bad enough.

    The 850s work pretty well. I ran a set with nothing more than 88 jets all around. If you want to run power valves you will need to boost reference them to the manifold. Not a hard mod, but not all that sure it is alot of benefit. Never did anything for anything I ever ran. If you do alot of slow crusing at low part throttle they can save some fuel. If you do run PVs, then you will need to reduce the primary jetting to around 82-84. Don't bother with a secondary PV. Once you're into the secondaries, the PV would be wide open anyway.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  10. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default blower carbs

    thanks guys for all your help.

  11. #9
    ptc
    ptc is offline
    Senior Member ptc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sacramento Area
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Get ahold of these guys and they will set you up with some perfection....

    Nickerson Performance Competition Carburetors, Marine, Automotive, Motorcycle and Personal Watercraft


    The 850s would be a good start. Im running some Nickerson built 850s that were blower carbs, on my T-ram and they fixed them up perfectly for me.
    1975 Sanger True Flat - 496 BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95