521" Ford pump gas build
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 56

Thread:
521" Ford pump gas build

  1. #1
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,072

    Default 528" Ford pump gas build

    Doc Bostick is working on a project, hope to make some noise by April:


    Dove A block .060 over ( aftermarket 4 bolt kit, block from Paul Kane) 4.42 bore
    521" FRPP kit 4.30" stoke, Eagle rods,replaced SRP pistons with JE's to work with A-460 heads
    '93 A-460 heads 2.3 intake heads flow 420 cfm at .750
    Schneider solid roller: @ .050" 276-284 ( adv. 306-312) lobe lift .430int - .435ex, lobe sep 112
    gross lift .744int .752 ex
    Plan on running a single 4 and TR when on the dyno
    Pump gas build to run 11:1 compression:

    Hope to top 600 hp









    We are still collecting parts, but the big pieces are at least together now. Picked up the Crower Hippo lifters yesterday, and well be getting the pushrods ordered next week.

    we'll more than likely dyno with two different Dominators ( 1,050 and 1,200) and the TR with dominators and Predator carbs. Might even throw a Predator on the single 4 and see what happens.


    S CP

    Jon
    Last edited by Sleeper CP; 02-09-2013 at 03:38 PM.

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    jon, that front coverthing is polished up real nice, but with the heads bein plain bare cast makes it look -odd-... .

    what're you gonna due with this thing???

  4. #3
    just a ski boat with bark Carnivalride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Derby, Kansas
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper CP View Post
    Doc Bostick is working on a project, hope to make some noise by April:


    Dove A block .060 over ( aftermarket 4 bolt kit, block from Paul Kane) 4.42 bore
    521" FRPP kit 4.30" stoke, Eagle rods,replaced SRP pistons with JE's to work with A-460 heads
    '93 A-460 heads 2.3 intake heads flow 420 cfm at .750
    Schneider solid roller: @ .050" 276-284 ( adv. 306-312) lobe lift .430int - .435ex, lobe sep 112
    gross lift .744int .752 ex
    Plan on running a single 4 and TR when on the dyno
    Pump gas build to run 11:1 compression:

    Hope to top 600 hp We are still collecting parts, but the big pieces are at least together now. Picked up the Crower Hippo lifters yesterday, and well be getting the pushrods ordered next week.

    well more than likely dyno with two different Dominators ( 1,050 and 1,200) and the TR with dominators and Predator carbs. Might even through a Preditor on the single 4 and see what happens.


    S CP

    Jon
    600hp?!?!? LMAO

    528 cid with heads that flow [email protected]" and the cam you gave spec for...... I think you boys are shooting for a little more than that.

    You have some nice looking pieces there and my rough calculations say you're shooting for over 800hp and I really think more like 850-860hp.
    Last edited by Carnivalride; 02-09-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Carnivalride, you really need to find some other hobby. You have no talent for this boat thing

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bp298 View Post
    jon, that front coverthing is polished up real nice, but with the heads bein plain bare cast makes it look -odd-... .

    what're you gonna due with this thing???

    not sure if the belt drive will stay on or not. It will give us the opportunity to advance and retard the cam on the dyno.
    Heads will stay plain for now. As for now I just have a couple of ideas for it. Maybe even the '69 Mach 1.

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"

  7. #5
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnivalride View Post
    600hp?!?!? LMAO

    528 cid with heads that flow [email protected]" and the cam you gave spec for...... I think you boys are shooting for a little more than that.

    You have some nice looking pieces there and my rough calculations say you're shooting for over 800hp and I really think more like 850-860hp.
    well at some rpm it will achieve 600 hp it's just a matter of where.

    Promise low and deliver high

    S CP
    Last edited by Sleeper CP; 02-09-2013 at 03:58 PM.

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"

  8. #6
    Senior Member jms-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Alpine, ca
    Posts
    128

    Default

    I vote Wildercraft....

  9. #7
    Senior Member Ahsumtoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bp298 View Post
    jon, that front coverthing is polished up real nice, but with the heads bein plain bare cast makes it look -odd-... .

    what're you gonna due with this thing???
    Bob, are you actually making judgement on "bling". This is a side of you that I haven't seen before.

  10. #8
    BTC cardcarrying member sunkisst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chantilly Va.
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper CP View Post
    well at some rpm it will achieve 600 hp it's just a matter of where.

    Promise low and deliver high

    S CP
    "At some point" now thats gooooood. Good looking build. Waiting on results. Not gonna be surprised to see it come in at 4800-5100 RPM.
    Last edited by sunkisst; 02-09-2013 at 05:50 PM.

  11. #9
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahsumtoy View Post
    Bob, are you actually making judgement on "bling". This is a side of you that I haven't seen before.
    steve, no judgement. just an observation. as you know, i'm more of a color person than a polish person . i guess it would depend on where it's gonna end up. actually in a boat on the water, or just another garageslashtrailer ornament.
    but it does seem like, if one thing's polished....
    see, i'm just saving you the trouble...

  12. #10
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bp298 View Post
    jon, that front coverthing is polished up real nice, but with the heads bein plain bare cast makes it look -odd-... .

    what're you gonna due with this thing???
    It's not polished. It's just very nicely machined billet from Danny Bee.

    This thing better go north of 900hp.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  13. #11
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper CP View Post
    well at some rpm it will achieve 600 hp it's just a matter of where.

    Promise low and deliver high

    S CP
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkisst View Post
    "At some point" now thats gooooood. Good looking build. Waiting on results. Not gonna be surprised to see it come in at 4800-5100 RPM.
    Sleeper sdounds like one of the suits in Detroit back in the 60s. GM and Ford rated a few engines with that method. They might have made the power they said. Even at the RPM they said. Like the Boss 302's 290 @5900, and GMs 302's [email protected] 5800. There more than a few others. Never remember seeing where any said max. HP

    Very nice piece Jon. I doubt out much hope for the Preditor. Wish it did though, I like those things

    Is this built from one of those kits Ford was fire selling a few months back?



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  14. #12
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    It's not polished. It's just very nicely machined billet from Danny Bee.

    This thing better go north of 900hp.

    Promise low and deliver high. It will be interesting to see what it produces with the T/R a two carbs.
    Keep in mind the 565 with 10.8:1 with the same heads, but not flowing as much peak and mid-lift and a Crower cam with just about the same specs made 855 at 6,800 with a single 1,050. I'm only saying we'd like to see 600 out of it.


    S CP

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"

  15. #13
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Sleeper sdounds like one of the suits in Detroit back in the 60s. GM and Ford rated a few engines with that method. They might have made the power they said. Even at the RPM they said. Like the Boss 302's 290 @5900, and GMs 302's [email protected] 5800. There more than a few others. Never remember seeing where any said max. HP

    Very nice piece Jon. I doubt out much hope for the Preditor. Wish it did though, I like those things

    Is this built from one of those kits Ford was fire selling a few months back
    ?
    yes it is. Good price on those kits while they lasted. it will be interesting to see what this thing spits out on 91.


    S CP

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"

  16. #14
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bp298 View Post
    steve, no judgement. just an observation. as you know, i'm more of a color person than a polish person . i guess it would depend on where it's gonna end up. actually in a boat on the water, or just another garageslashtrailer ornament.
    but it does seem like, if one thing's polished....
    see, i'm just saving you the trouble...
    when every thing is polished I'd feel guilty for not keeping it clean and pretty all the time. That's a lot of work.


    S CP

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95