Pushrod straightness checker
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 20

Thread:
Pushrod straightness checker

  1. #1
    Senior Member wizbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, WA
    Posts
    1,485

    Default Pushrod straightness checker

    Billet Connection makes these and a really cool oil filter , along with other stuff. Built right in Spokane WA.

    Billet Connection Home Page

    Also does wrist pins !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0594.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	259706  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member EVILFORCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,180

    Default

    I just roll them on a piece of glass.

  4. #3
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Brian, addiction to billet is a sickness and we can get you help.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Nice looking Tool.
    I would enjoy finding out its bent, Does it come with a little leverage bar for straightening?

    Nic

  7. #5
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicwoods6 View Post
    Nice looking Tool.
    I would enjoy finding out its bent, Does it come with a little leverage bar for straightening?

    Nic
    NO!
    It comes with a 5 gallon billet trash can to toss the bend ones in



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  8. #6
    Senior Member wizbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, WA
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    NO!
    It comes with a 5 gallon billet trash can to toss the bend ones in
    Your killin me here

  9. #7
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    NO!
    It comes with a 5 gallon billet trash can to toss the bend ones in

    I think the can is diamond plate......


    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  10. #8
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    I think the can is diamond plate......

    No, trust me TG, Wizbang isn't having any of that low budget diamond plate crap. If the can didn't start out as a 100lb chunk of prime AQ 7075 T6, eith the optional carbon graphite lid, and Ti foot pedal, its not getting in his shop.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by gn7; 04-12-2013 at 12:37 AM.

  11. #9
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    No, trust me TG, Wizbang isn't having any of that low budget diamond plate crap. If the can didn't start out as a 100lb chunk of prime AQ 7075 T6, eith the optionjal carbon graphite lid, its not getting in his shop.
    Noted!!
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Nice piece, I use an arrow straightener. Same but differant

  13. #11
    Senior Member jimclauss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mickleton, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EVILFORCE View Post
    I just roll them on a piece of glass.
    I use a granite plate

  14. #12
    Senior Member jimclauss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mickleton, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Brian, addiction to billet is a sickness and we can get you help.
    I just changed all my push rods to the thicker ones but my Dyno went down before I had a chance to run the engine, Sensor board will be back from Super Flow tomorrow morning and I'll run the engine and put it in the boat for Fla. next weekend Mike smith from Canada is is coming in tomorrow to run his Ford on the Dyno he'll be at my house all week and then off to Fla. Also. So I got to get moving. My Dyno goes down every 3 or 4 months always the Sensor Board Real big pain in the Ass. Does anybody else have this problem??? comes up No Data from remote ...SF902
    Last edited by jimclauss; 04-12-2013 at 07:04 PM.

  15. #13
    Senior Member jimclauss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mickleton, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wizbang View Post
    Billet Connection makes these and a really cool oil filter , along with other stuff. Built right in Spokane WA.

    Billet Connection Home Page

    Also does wrist pins !
    What's that a tenth indicator too?

  16. #14
    "Need For Speed" Gearhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimclauss View Post
    I just changed all my push rods to the thicker ones but my Dyno went down before I had a chance to run the engine, Sensor board will be back from Super Flow tomorrow morning and I'll run the engine and put it in the boat for Fla. next weekend Mike smith from Canada is is coming in tomorrow to run his Ford on the Dyno he'll be at my house all week and then off to Fla. Also. So I got to get moving. My Dyno goes down every 3 or 4 months always the Sensor Board Real big pain in the Ass. Does anybody else have this problem??? comes up No Data from remote ...SF902
    I am sure you have already addressed this, but I will ask anyway. Do you use a quality surge protector/UPS (backup power supply)? Have you checked your building grounding system?

    In 20 years, I have only experienced board problems three times. I have knocked out MUX chips on the cart sensor board a couple of times due to excessive RFI from a magneto ignition with steel core wires. Replaced them myself and went on just making sure to watch the type of ignition system and wires. I knocked a couple of IC's on the main board this last year due to an electric power surge that took place at the same time I turned on the console which also at the same time a customer hit the cart starter power switch. This time it knocked out communication chips on the main board in the console. Kind an unusual situation for all three surges at one time. As with all electronics, surges, bad grounds and extreme RFI are tough on components.

    Gear

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95