Aeromotive fuel system
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread:
Aeromotive fuel system

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    153

    Default Aeromotive fuel system

    Hey guys i have a question about my pump its a aeromotive a2000 i was wondering how you guys a running your system? I have a aeromotive 4 port boost regulator with boost port blocked off im running a tunnel ram with two 1050 dominators. Heres the deal i have been running the return line out of the regulator and the fuel pressure is rock solid but just for grinns i changed it and blocker return on regulator and put it on the pump and the pressure bounces around alot never gets solid no matter how i adjust the regulator or the pump regulator.


    And yes the boat has fuel in it, just womdering what the best way to run it is?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt k wheeler View Post
    Hey guys i have a question about my pump its a aeromotive a2000 i was wondering how you guys a running your system? I have a aeromotive 4 port boost regulator with boost port blocked off im running a tunnel ram with two 1050 dominators. Heres the deal i have been running the return line out of the regulator and the fuel pressure is rock solid but just for grinns i changed it and blocker return on regulator and put it on the pump and the pressure bounces around alot never gets solid no matter how i adjust the regulator or the pump regulator.


    And yes the boat has fuel in it, just womdering what the best way to run it is?
    That's because it not a regulator, its a bypass. It "regulates" fuel pressure by bleeding off the excess fuel back to the tank. Its incapable of regulating the fuel pressure by shutting it off to the carbs like a dead regulator.
    BTW, never "block" the boost port off on a referenced regulator/bypass. If you do not hook it to the manifold, it needs to be open to the atmosphere.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    153

    Default aeromotive

    Im not changing anything on the regulator just changing the return the regulator is still hooked up. So should i have the return on the regulator and the pump, or block the pump return off and return it on the regulator. I didnt know you couldnt block the boost port off

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt k wheeler View Post
    Im not changing anything on the regulator just changing the return the regulator is still hooked up. So should i have the return on the regulator and the pump, or block the pump return off and return it on the regulator. I didnt know you couldnt block the boost port off
    OH, you have a bypass and or regulator on the pump as well.
    Definitely go with the bypass regulator, and block the pump off like you had originally.
    If you seal off the boost reference port, it can effect the pressure if you go to higher altitudes, or on extremely hot days. You don't have to leave it wide open, it just needs to be vented. Just drill a small hole in the plug.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    153

    Default aeromotive

    Cool thanks alot Bob good help as always

  8. #6
    Senior Member 74Bonneville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Magic Mountain CA
    Posts
    542

    Default

    My fuel system is all Aeromotive, works great. Bob is right, return has to go back to tank. I've used my return to drain my tank a couple of times and was surprised how much fuel flows through the return.

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    153

    Default

    I know the return goes back to the tank i was just wondering if it was better return it at the pump or at the return regulator because you can return fuel in two places on my fuel system. Bob knew what i was talking about

  10. #8
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt k wheeler View Post
    I know the return goes back to the tank i was just wondering if it was better return it at the pump or at the return regulator because you can return fuel in two places on my fuel system. Bob knew what i was talking about
    Matt, the fuel pump requires fuel move thru it all the time its running. They installed a bypass in the pump in case you used a dead head type regulator, the pumps bypass could return fuel, or internally bypass depending on how it built. If you have a bypass type regulator, its best to use it and block the pumps bypass.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Hay guys, don't mean to jack the thread but its along the same line. My buddy just finished his flat, 496 13 to 1 cr 835 hp. He's running a clay smith mech, pump and an areomotive bypass regulator feeding 2 1050's fuel psi is all over the place, adjust it to 7psi, make a run come back and fuel goes to 9,10 pounds. I'm thinking bypass reg. is the wrong way to go with this pump because the pulsating pressure you get with that kind of pump. Any thoughts? Thanks.

  12. #10
    Senior Member Futs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orange CA, Big River
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twoblade View Post
    Hay guys, don't mean to jack the thread but its along the same line. My buddy just finished his flat, 496 13 to 1 cr 835 hp. He's running a clay smith mech, pump and an areomotive bypass regulator feeding 2 1050's fuel psi is all over the place, adjust it to 7psi, make a run come back and fuel goes to 9,10 pounds. I'm thinking bypass reg. is the wrong way to go with this pump because the pulsating pressure you get with that kind of pump. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    You don't need to bypass that fuel pump. I run one with a aeromotive 4 port reg. I would see the same issue as your buddy. I switched out my pressure gauge for a non liquid filled. The glycerin gets hot in the gauge and will let the gauge go all over the place. I set my pressure at home in a nice cool shop and let it run its coarse now. I was chasing it all over the place at the river. now I set it and forget it.....Check it at home after a trip, when its cool and it was still as I set it.

  13. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Futs View Post
    You don't need to bypass that fuel pump. I run one with a aeromotive 4 port reg. I would see the same issue as your buddy. I switched out my pressure gauge for a non liquid filled. The glycerin gets hot in the gauge and will let the gauge go all over the place. I set my pressure at home in a nice cool shop and let it run its coarse now. I was chasing it all over the place at the river. now I set it and forget it.....Check it at home after a trip, when its cool and it was still as I set it.
    He has a liquid gauge also. Are u running a bypass or a dead head regulator?

  14. #12
    Senior Member Futs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orange CA, Big River
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twoblade View Post
    He has a liquid gauge also. Are u running a bypass or a dead head regulator?
    dead head 4 port

  15. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Futs View Post
    dead head 4 port
    Got it, thanks for the help!

  16. #14
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,453

    Default

    I ran that exact Aeromotive set up on our BBC Sanger Hydro.

    A2000 pump bypasses at like 20something pounds, much higher than any carb set up PSI.
    I had the 4 port bypass regulator set at 7 psi.

    BOTH pump and regulator return lines were each connected back to the tank, and both return lines were active.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95