Thermostat or no thermostat???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 24

Thread:
Thermostat or no thermostat???

  1. #1
    Senior Member hava life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    784

    Default Thermostat or no thermostat???

    Just put the new rebuild in the boat, thought I was doing everything correct, installed a t stat. I never had a t stat on the motor before the rebuild but I was wanting to do everything by the book. Started up fine in the garage temp stayed at 160*, enjoyed the sound and shut it off. Checked for leaks topped off fluids and restarted, the temp went up to 210* did not come down so I shut if off after about 2 minutes. Took out the T stat which was opened and restarted, temp went down to 170*.
    Any thoughts? Do I have to have a t stat?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member hava life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    784

    Default

    So the question would be do you have to run a Thermostat?

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hava life View Post
    So the question would be do you have to run a Thermostat?
    Yes you should run a stats , Its normal .


    Why would you think you shouldn't???


    the object is to keep your engine at a certain temp .that's what your thermostat is for
    Last edited by nOv1c3; 08-10-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    Barack hussein obama he destroyed our country piece by piece we Must impeach this evil beast

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Bass Lake Dream'n "Flat" foot'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,082

    Default

    Don't run one in my v-drive or sterndrive. They both run about 120*. My thinking is, the colder the heads the better it is. I maybe wrong, but its worked this long.
    [email protected]


    BLOWN GAS FLAT TO THE RAMP

    REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND

  7. #5
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nOv1c3 View Post
    Yes you should run a stats , Its normal .


    Why would you think you shouldn't???


    the object is to keep your engine at a certain temp .that's what your thermostat is for
    Did it ever occur to you to just STFU and learn, instead of shooting off your mouth on something you know NOTHING about?



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by gn7; 08-10-2013 at 10:19 PM.

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Did it ever occur to you to just STFU and learn, instead of shooting off your mouth on something you know NOTHING about?
    explain to me ???
    Barack hussein obama he destroyed our country piece by piece we Must impeach this evil beast

  9. #7
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nov1c3 View Post
    explain to me ???
    google it genius



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    google it genius




    http://www.performanceboats.com/dyno...k-stuff-3.html


    foook you
    Barack hussein obama he destroyed our country piece by piece we Must impeach this evil beast

  11. #9
    Senior Member GT Jets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Morgan Hill
    Posts
    2,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nOv1c3 View Post
    Yes you should run a stats , Its normal .


    Why would you think you shouldn't???


    the object is to keep your engine at a certain temp .that's what your thermostat is for
    Got three boats here, not one of them have this item called a t-stat... Hmmmm....

    GT
    GT


    Quote Originally Posted by Quickjet View Post
    Put a 300 on the back of it, Flywheel it and a nosecone. $15,000 later you'll have a 65 mph pile of shit......

  12. #10
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post
    Got three boats here, not one of them have this item called a t-stat... Hmmmm....

    GT
    You can't argue with him. He is a first year college rocket scientist with a masters degree in window licking. Way to smart to be educated on anything, even if the fastest boat he has been in was a aluminum Sears row boat equipped with a tiller arm outboard.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by gn7; 08-10-2013 at 11:49 PM.

  13. #11
    Bass Lake Dream'n "Flat" foot'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,082

    Default

    Thermostats and efi are a little different story. But for a non efi deal, let the water flow.
    [email protected]


    BLOWN GAS FLAT TO THE RAMP

    REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND

  14. #12
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Flat" foot'n View Post
    Thermostats and efi are a little different story. But for a non efi deal, let the water flow.
    Those tend to be a little different with either a recirculation feedback of some sort, or closed system.
    Our resident genius will be here shortly to tell us why we should all be running one of the above systems anyway, so be prepared to be schooled by a self taught thermal dynamics engineer.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by gn7; 08-10-2013 at 11:55 PM.

  15. #13
    Bass Lake Dream'n "Flat" foot'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by "Flat" foot'n View Post
    Thermostats and efi are a little different story. But for a non efi deal, let the water flow.
    Those tend to be a little different with either a recirculation feedback of some sort, or closed system.
    Our resident genius will be here shortly to tell us why we should all be running one of the above systems anyway, so be prepared to be schooled by a self taught thermal dynamics engineer.
    I'm on the edge of my seat with anticipation. Love learning new theory
    [email protected]


    BLOWN GAS FLAT TO THE RAMP

    REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND

  16. #14
    Bass Lake Dream'n "Flat" foot'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hava life View Post
    Just put the new rebuild in the boat, thought I was doing everything correct, installed a t stat. I never had a t stat on the motor before the rebuild but I was wanting to do everything by the book. Started up fine in the garage temp stayed at 160*, enjoyed the sound and shut it off. Checked for leaks topped off fluids and restarted, the temp went up to 210* did not come down so I shut if off after about 2 minutes. Took out the T stat which was opened and restarted, temp went down to 170*.
    Any thoughts? Do I have to have a t stat?
    Just curious, what type of boat and drive is this?
    [email protected]


    BLOWN GAS FLAT TO THE RAMP

    REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95