carbs and boost
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 49

Thread:
carbs and boost

  1. #1
    Senior Member Skydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    702

    Default carbs and boost

    Hey guys with the meth all on going turn boost up 3-4psi,I am rich now when meth fires off. Buy going up in boost 3-4 does that lean the motor out much?
    Ty

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,729

    Default

    Turn it on at half your intended max boost level.i dont turn mine on till 8lbs which pumpgas 93 alone shld be good up till.runnin 50/50 mix up till 17lbs then i mix 60/40 above that.always turning on at 8lbs, i can see it briefly go alil fat but it blows past 8lbs so quik its hard to see.i can hear it start to inject sounds like a small shot of nitrous lighting off.yes the more boost you add past the turn on point will lean it out.ive been runnin 11.3 of the mix and when it comes on i see a dive to 10.8 and itll lean back to 11.3 by end of a 900ft pass.never ran straight meth thru it so dont have a clue what kinda afr drop id see there i imagine a full point or more richer.

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  4. #3
    Senior Member Skydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Awsome ty man!!!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Skydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    702

    Thumbs up

    Its 600 with 8.200:1 compression, supper chiller, Dart pro heads, 260 intake at 50 and 268 exhaust at 50. 714 lift intake and 731 exahust 114 deg. It has a new Whipple 8.3 blower on her running 10PSI of boost at 800feet. Runing 91 fuel timming is locked at 32. Plugs are l Ngk 8s. What do you think safe is running meth 50/50. Was thinking 13-14psi would be 100% safe. Afrs around 11.5 Two 12 gph nozzles of meth.
    Thank u
    Last edited by Skydog; 08-11-2013 at 01:27 PM.

  7. #5
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    You 2 do realize you are comparing apples and oranges. One of you has an inny, the other an outie, I will let you decide who has what. But you cannot compare a blow thru car with a roots drawing thru carbs. Night and Day. The ying and the yang.

    Shydog, did you think you could throw a shit load of fuel into the deal with the meth and still maintain your AF? Where did you think the additional air for the additional fuel was going to come from?



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  8. #6
    Senior Member Skydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    You 2 do realize you are comparing apples and oranges. One of you has an inny, the other an outie, I will let you decide who has what. But you cannot compare a blow thru car with a roots drawing thru carbs. Night and Day. The ying and the yang.

    Shydog, did you think you could throw a shit load of fuel into the deal with the meth and still maintain your AF? Where did you think the additional air for the additional fuel was going to come from?
    Yes I understand ty

  9. #7
    Member D Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Yorba Linda/ Willow Valley
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Its 600 with 8.200:1 compression, supper chiller, Dart pro heads, 260 intake at 50 and 268 exhaust at 50. 714 lift intake and 731 exahust 114 deg. It has a new Whipple 8.3 blower on her running 10PSI of boost at 800feet. Runing 91 fuel timming is locked at 32. Plugs are l Ngk 8s. What do you think safe is running meth 50/50. Was thinking 13-14psi would be 100% safe. Afrs around 11.5 Two 12 gph nozzles of meth.
    Thank u
    Awesome blower the 8.3, easy to make horsepower. That said, I would think you are pump gas safe to 10/11 pounds of boost. Run the meth off a boost controller and start introducing after 8/10 pounds and you should be able to run 13/14 pounds no problem. Question, why not just run Av Gas at 13/14 and call it done? I have 5 litre blowers on my motors, same as 8.3, running pump gas at 12 pounds of boost.

  10. #8
    Senior Member Skydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D Johnson View Post
    Awesome blower the 8.3, easy to make horsepower. That said, I would think you are pump gas safe to 10/11 pounds of boost. Run the meth off a boost controller and start introducing after 8/10 pounds and you should be able to run 13/14 pounds no problem. Question, why not just run Av Gas at 13/14 and call it done? I have 5 litre blowers on my motors, same as 8.3, running pump gas at 12 pounds of boost.
    Thank u what timming u at? What plugs?

  11. #9
    Member D Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Yorba Linda/ Willow Valley
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I do not know what timing Teague has mapped into his programming. Plugs Teague has me running NGKR5671A-9.

  12. #10
    Senior Member Skydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Ty!!!

  13. #11
    Senior Member Skydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    702

    Thumbs up

    Well put ngk 9s back in, smaller pulley. 10% to 20% and a touch bigger meth jets. Time to let her eat sat!
    Ty Skydog

  14. #12
    Senior Member Skydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    702

    Thumbs up

    Wow I am happy guy now, she a freak now! :-) 13psi of boost wot afr 11.2-11.3 with the meth on :-) :-)!!
    Ty Skydog

  15. #13
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,729

    Default

    Thats awesome man on pumpgas! Im tryn to find some methanol so i can go to a 80% methanol 20% -20washerfluid mix and crank my boost up to 20lbs for laborday wknd id run straight methanol but i preturbo inject also and dont want straight methanol and air in my turbo.plus my bov vents below my charge pipe and it cld mist methanol towards hotside.

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  16. #14
    Senior Member Skydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    702

    Thumbs up

    Sweet man meth and turbos rock!!! I have a turbo sled that has a knock light. On pump 93 I can run like 12-13psi boost anymore I get small knock. With the meth on I can run her up to 25psi :-) :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95