Tall deck BBC mounts ?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread:
Tall deck BBC mounts ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member 2savage4you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bullhead city AZ
    Posts
    1,417

    Default Tall deck BBC mounts ?

    I have a chance to pick up a tall deck BBC 454 , but will it still fit my rail kit mounts? I dont want to have to change everything and if so F That

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Cantard 71hallett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    snow bank
    Posts
    5,017

    Default

    Everthing is the same but .4 added to the tops of the cyl.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    It would be a balmy 85* in Steel's shop if he would move a little faster

  4. #3
    Senior Member 2savage4you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bullhead city AZ
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Sooooooooo..............is a tall deck a good engine for a boat ?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Some guy obnoxious001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 468Bahner View Post
    Sooooooooo..............is a tall deck a good engine for a boat ?
    It's a great base for a stroker engine, you can use longer rods. The "stock" 454 truck tall deck is a truck engine, 4 ring heavy piston, not designed for performance.

    The biggest issue is if you want to use your same intake and distributor, you will find they don't fit. You can use spacer plates for the intake, but still need a tall deck distributor, or you can buy a tall deck intake, many of which now will use a standard distributor.

  7. #5
    Senior Member 2savage4you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bullhead city AZ
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    The specs.

    Chevrolet Mark V Tall Deck BBC 454 Professionally built to be an estimated 600 HP-- Never Fired.
    +Mark V 454 Block, 4 bolt mains
    +502 New GM Forged Steel Crank
    +Heavy Duty Racing GM 7/16 Forged Rods
    +9 3/4:1 Comp. TRW Forged Pistons .60 over
    +Internally BALANCED with flywheel
    +Roller timing chain
    +Crane Roller Cam
    +Heads Ported and Chambers cc'ed (ovals)
    +Extreme Duty Manley OVERSIZED Valves
    +Manley Valve Girdles
    +Crane Triple Valve Springs
    +High Volume Oil Pump and Deep Oil Pan
    +Edelbrock Aluminium Intake Manifold
    No Carburator, Distributor, Roller Lifters, Push Rods or Roller Rockers.

    This was a no expense spared build, highest quality everything. Real Deal, Serious Motor looking for a serious buyer. I have over $8,500

  8. #6
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    2 Sav, you changin your mind again??? J/K
    Last edited by H20MOFO; 09-03-2008 at 08:09 PM.
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  9. #7
    Some guy obnoxious001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 468Bahner View Post
    The specs.

    Chevrolet Mark V Tall Deck BBC 454 Professionally built to be an estimated 600 HP-- Never Fired.
    +Mark V 454 Block, 4 bolt mains
    +502 New GM Forged Steel Crank
    +Heavy Duty Racing GM 7/16 Forged Rods
    +9 3/4:1 Comp. TRW Forged Pistons .60 over
    +Internally BALANCED with flywheel
    +Roller timing chain
    +Crane Roller Cam
    +Heads Ported and Chambers cc'ed (ovals)
    +Extreme Duty Manley OVERSIZED Valves
    +Manley Valve Girdles
    +Crane Triple Valve Springs
    +High Volume Oil Pump and Deep Oil Pan
    +Edelbrock Aluminium Intake Manifold
    No Carburator, Distributor, Roller Lifters, Push Rods or Roller Rockers.

    This was a no expense spared build, highest quality everything. Real Deal, Serious Motor looking for a serious buyer. I have over $8,500

    As I told you in PM,, something seems not right. Stock GM 7/16" rods would require the use of a "truck" piston, similar to the stock 4 ring model. Certainly not a "no expense spared" kind of engine. The "oversize valves" may be covering up sunken seats in a truck oval port head.

    This one would require careful inspection prior to purchase in my opinion, including but not limited to removing at least one head, and probably the pan if it is bolted on.

  10. #8
    Senior Member 2savage4you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bullhead city AZ
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H20MOFO View Post
    2 Sav, you changin your mind again??? J/K

    No.. it would have been a half the money down thing and payments. I liked that idea , get a motor in the boat this season

    But thanks to the few...."You know who you are" that set me straight. It dont look like i can take any shortcuts , and nobody else wants to sell one on payments.....

    Too risky i would think

  11. #9
    Senior Member 2savage4you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bullhead city AZ
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    As I told you in PM,, something seems not right. Stock GM 7/16" rods would require the use of a "truck" piston, similar to the stock 4 ring model. Certainly not a "no expense spared" kind of engine. The "oversize valves" may be covering up sunken seats in a truck oval port head.

    This one would require careful inspection prior to purchase in my opinion, including but not limited to removing at least one head, and probably the pan if it is bolted on.

    Barry , you have been more than helpfull

    Thanks again.......

  12. #10
    Some guy obnoxious001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 468Bahner View Post
    and nobody else wants to sell one on payments.....
    I will be glad to sell you one on "payments", but it doesn't get to go home with you until the final payment.

  13. #11
    Senior Member 2savage4you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bullhead city AZ
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    I will be glad to sell you one on "payments", but it doesn't get to go home with you until the final payment.

    The only problem is , i dont know how i would get it back to Bullhead.

    Otherwise as 'Tone loc' would say


    Lets do it

  14. #12
    E-7 Sheepdog (ret) SmokinLowriderSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newton Ks.
    Posts
    6,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    As I told you in PM,, something seems not right. Stock GM 7/16" rods would require the use of a "truck" piston, similar to the stock 4 ring model. Certainly not a "no expense spared" kind of engine. The "oversize valves" may be covering up sunken seats in a truck oval port head.

    This one would require careful inspection prior to purchase in my opinion, including but not limited to removing at least one head, and probably the pan if it is bolted on.
    The GM Rod with 7/16" bolts was the racing High Performance rod, generally only found "stock" in the L88 427's and the LS6 and 7 454's.

    Both are 4340 steel alloy
    P/N 14096151 in a pressed pin style (knurled shank bolts, LS6 & LS7 454's)
    P/N 3969804 in a full-floating pin style (the HD racing version) 7/16" ground Boron Steel bolts. Green color coded rod, top of the line.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken

    OBAMA: Some people deserve this.
    The rest of us are being dragged along kicking and screaming.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95