2500+ hp on E-85
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 169

Thread:
2500+ hp on E-85

  1. #1
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member wizbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, WA
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Damn !!!!!

  4. #3
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    I thought it was interesting when he spoke about how much harder he could lean on an engine when fueled by C-16 gas instead of the e-85 ethanol based fuel.
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Lildave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bauxite, AR
    Posts
    462

    Default

    The tuning window is a lot narrower on E85. C16 is much more forgiving.

  7. #5
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Steve Morse is the builder for this car, Tom Bailey's 69 Camaro... Quickest/fastest street car in the US... Tom Bailey's 69 Camaro Sick Seconds built for Hot Rod Drag Week is the worlds fastest street driven Camaro - Sick Seconds




    2013 Hot Rod Drag Week Champion

    First car to run in the 6's all 5 days!

    Record for the fastest pass in drag week history 217MPH

    Record for the Quickest pass for a street driven car 6.70

    Drove over 1000 miles and then went 6.78 at 217mph

    This is not a race car that is street legal.

    It is a street legal car that can also race
    !
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 10-05-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    spokane, wa
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Steve builds some of the BEST boosted engine ever seen!!



    Last edited by blownboosted; 10-06-2013 at 09:08 PM.

  9. #7
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Wanna bet Steve didn't run down to the corner gas station to pickup that E 85?



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  10. #8
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    How about this one,

    MMR Pro MOD GT500 sets NEW Worlds Fastest Modular ET and MPH record!! - Yellow Bullet Forums

    Those Ford mod motors are really making a strong show.

    I see you can buy a 5.0 liter all aluminum DOHC crate motor from Summit for $ 6,100.00

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  11. #9
    LP-25.com Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    16,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    How about this one,

    MMR Pro MOD GT500 sets NEW Worlds Fastest Modular ET and MPH record!! - Yellow Bullet Forums

    Those Ford mod motors are really making a strong show.

    I see you can buy a 5.0 liter all aluminum DOHC crate motor from Summit for $ 6,100.00
    Pretty impressive but it wasn't a crate motor. It was a filled specially sleeved Pro Mod version.
    If For Some Reason I Do Something Worthy Of Recognition. God Provided The Ability And Deserves The Credit.


    QE 439 Twin Turbo

  12. #10
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    I saw that they had a special block with about 351 ci.
    It must take over 3000 hp to run 6 sec flat with the ProMod cars.
    That's faster than nitro funny cars were running back in the 1970's when I got out of high school.

    The 5 liter DOHC 4v crate motor would be cheap and a good project motor for me.
    Might need to knock that CR down to 9.5:1 or so.
    There must be a significant weight savings over an all aluminum BBC.

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  13. #11
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    I saw that they had a special block with about 351 ci.
    It must take over 3000 hp to run 6 sec flat with the ProMod cars.
    That's faster than nitro funny cars were running back in the 1970's when I got out of high school.

    The 5 liter DOHC 4v crate motor would be cheap and a good project motor for me.
    Might need to knock that CR down to 9.5:1 or so.
    There must be a significant weight savings over an all aluminum BBC.
    FORD got it right with the 427 cammer and they got it right with the OHC modular engine... I have owned many modulars in my cars/trucks and they are really amazing just in the garden variety passenger car form...
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

  14. #12
    LP-25.com Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    16,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    I saw that they had a special block with about 351 ci.
    It must take over 3000 hp to run 6 sec flat with the ProMod cars.
    That's faster than nitro funny cars were running back in the 1970's when I got out of high school.

    The 5 liter DOHC 4v crate motor would be cheap and a good project motor for me.
    Might need to knock that CR down to 9.5:1 or so.
    There must be a significant weight savings over an all aluminum BBC.
    You like them better than an LSX? Or like the price better?
    If For Some Reason I Do Something Worthy Of Recognition. God Provided The Ability And Deserves The Credit.


    QE 439 Twin Turbo

  15. #13
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    I told myself that my next engine was going to be something with some modern technology.
    Pushrod engines seem way outdated to me. Valvetrain problems account for a good % of the issues I've encountered over the years. I heard that the valve spring pressure for a DOHC 4 v head is a fraction of what it takes for a pushrod engine.

    I thought the 1990 Corvette ZR-1 engine was a huge leap in the right direction but Chevrolet phased that out in favor of a glorified 1955 pushrod engine.
    I looked into getting one of those but a new all aluminum 5.0 L Ford mod engine is less expensive than a 20 year old ZR-1 engine.
    One big turbo on that 5 L Ford engine should have no trouble making 1200 hp on E85.

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  16. #14
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    I told myself that my next engine was going to be something with some modern technology.
    Pushrod engines seem way outdated to me. Valvetrain problems account for a good % of the issues I've encountered over the years. I heard that the valve spring pressure for a DOHC 4 v head is a fraction of what it takes for a pushrod engine.

    I thought the 1990 Corvette ZR-1 engine was a huge leap in the right direction but Chevrolet phased that out in favor of a glorified 1955 pushrod engine.
    I looked into getting one of those but a new all aluminum 5.0 L Ford mod engine is less expensive than a 20 year old ZR-1 engine.
    One big turbo on that 5 L Ford engine should have no trouble making 1200 hp on E85.
    BINGO, the seat pressure for a high rev pushrod engine is the root of its troubles...

    IF you look at the engine failures on a nascar track when they are running 9K plus RPM you will find out that it all comes down to the whole pushrod/valve/rocker/lifter/spring pressure (valve train failures)... the load on the valves from HIGH HIGH HIGH spring pressures to prevent valve float is what kills them at the RPMs... The inertia from the weight of all those components stacked up against the valve spring / fighting the valve/stem...

    The spring pressures on a OHC engine are nothing in comparison and those engines can rev much higher without valve float...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 10-08-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    Pat Eason, the voice of reason...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95