Rocker arm geometry - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6
Results 71 to 82 of 82

Thread:
Rocker arm geometry

  1. #71
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol guy View Post
    I stand corrected and Humbley admit that the 302 thru 460 Cleveland is in fact a canted valve splay. M
    I know you knew that...
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #72
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    I know you knew that...
    I thank you!!. M

  4. #73
    058
    058 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol guy View Post
    I stand corrected and Humbley admit that the 302 thru 460 Cleveland is in fact a canted valve splay. M
    Wrong again.....Std. 302W are inline valve as well as 351W[same as a 221-260-289], only Boss 302s are canted valve heads. 351C, 351M/400, 429-460, canted valve heads.....yep, tough crowd here.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #74
    jetboataholic HawaiianJet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    2,798

    Thumbs up

    Wow, this is a really good read. Very techy. Thanks guys.

    I think that I could actually figure out pushrod length from this thread. I didn't understand for the first half of the thread, but then it all started to make sense, and I read the first half again, and it all really makes sense now. And those pictures that steel put up are great, they really helped make sense of all of this!!!!

    This thread needs to be a sticky or something!!!!!!
    HJ

    ***FOR SALE*** 1978 19' Full Stringer Hawaiian Molokai Jet Boat w/ Berkeley 12JC-AB and Chevy 440 Tall Deck ***FOR SALE***

    Quote Originally Posted by mako shark mark View Post
    Oh yeah, Forgot to mention that the hull is a special mixture of speedcote, herculiner and rain-x, all blended together- good for another 8 mph top end.

  7. #75
    Boat Nut sleekcrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Elgin, Il.
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianJet View Post
    Wow, this is a really good read. Very techy. Thanks guys.

    I think that I could actually figure out pushrod length from this thread. I didn't understand for the first half of the thread, but then it all started to make sense, and I read the first half again, and it all really makes sense now. And those pictures that steel put up are great, they really helped make sense of all of this!!!!

    This thread needs to be a sticky or something!!!!!!

    Only one problem Junior...... You don't have roller rockers But when you get them you will be dangerous

  8. #76
    jetboataholic HawaiianJet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    2,798

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by sleekcrafter View Post
    Only one problem Junior...... You don't have roller rockers But when you get them you will be dangerous
    Yeah, I know. I can't apply any of this to my current setup. But, on the next one......watch out!!!
    HJ

    ***FOR SALE*** 1978 19' Full Stringer Hawaiian Molokai Jet Boat w/ Berkeley 12JC-AB and Chevy 440 Tall Deck ***FOR SALE***

    Quote Originally Posted by mako shark mark View Post
    Oh yeah, Forgot to mention that the hull is a special mixture of speedcote, herculiner and rain-x, all blended together- good for another 8 mph top end.

  9. #77
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 058 View Post
    Wrong again.....Std. 302W are inline valve as well as 351W[same as a 221-260-289], only Boss 302s are canted valve heads. 351C, 351M/400, 429-460, canted valve heads.....yep, tough crowd here.
    Boss 302 is a cleveland head. Read the post before trying to gain points. I already realized my ooppss and made a apologetic response. I was thinking of F.E. motors as I just had a call from a race buddy and got shit crossed up. Just so you know I know. F.E 272- 428 inline. Windsor 221-351, inline. Cleveland, Midland, 302-460,canted. M

  10. #78
    058
    058 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol guy View Post
    Boss 302 is a cleveland head. Read the post before trying to gain points. I already realized my ooppss and made a apologetic response. I was thinking of F.E. motors as I just had a call from a race buddy and got shit crossed up. Just so you know I know. F.E 272- 428 inline. Windsor 221-351, inline. Cleveland, Midland, 302-460,canted. M
    FE 272?

  11. #79
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 058 View Post
    FE 272?
    Yes F.E. 272 was actually the first of the F.E. series. Truck and ag mostly but go look and you will find the original start of the F.E. motor. No points on that shot. M

  12. #80
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol guy View Post
    Yes F.E. 272 was actually the first of the F.E. series. Truck and ag mostly but go look and you will find the original start of the F.E. motor. No points on that shot. M
    Could you link to some more info on that 272...only 272 I know of is the Y block.

    Thanks.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  13. #81
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,815

    Default

    Yes the 272 Y-block you are referring to is the start of the 312. The 272 I am referring to is more common in the ag and idustrial market. The 272 F.E motor was based off the 272 Y block with the cyclinder head change and proved to good for tractor and stationary equipment application. Durability and a butt load of torque. The only reason I bring up an unfarmiliar engine size was it was the original Manifold-head split motor. When the stepped to the 390 a performance application came into play. Before I hear it, yes there are sizes in between. M

  14. #82
    058
    058 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Ol Guy, I'd love to see some or any info you have or can get on the FE272. I thought I knew Fords but this is a new one to me. In the reams of literature I have on Fords I have never seen anything about a 272" FE. Now I'm the 1st one to admit that Ford has done some strange things so I would never say one way or another what Ford has done or not done but this new revelation of an engine I've never heard of, well I'd just like to see something on it. To the best of my knowledge the smallest FE built is a 330" engine for medium duty gasoline powered trucks. This is not to be confused with the 332" FE that was used in 58 and 59 passenger cars. If you have something please come forward with it so I can add it to my library of Ford data.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95