water/meth injection
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread:
water/meth injection

  1. #1
    Senior Member ICDEDPPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    117

    Question water/meth injection

    Most meth/water injection tanks are on the small side, feeeding 4 nozzles on 2 motors will most likely go thru the stuff pretty fast. Id like to just spray water and I had this crazy idea of plumbing it to my bellhousing to have a unlimited supply. Anyone ever try this?
    I`d use a filter to keep the junk out like : The Best Water injection system and water methanol injection systems at AlcoholInjectionSystems.com
    Lake Michigan is generally pretty clean water and first line of defense is my strainer, them filter than screen at injector.
    My only concern is having 20 psi on the suction side.. if it pushes thru the pump then my whole idea is a bust.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member ap67et10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chico, Ca
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    use a reservoir tank and gravity feed off the bottom of the reservoir tank to the pump. put two fittings at the top of the tank, one to fill it from pressure side and one unrestricted to the outside of the boat to let water dump when filled to the top. That way it is not pressurized and its always full.

    There is much less benefit to 100% water, I'm assuming you understand this though.


    Andrew

  4. #3
    Senior Member ap67et10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chico, Ca
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    you may need a separate feed for this though as it could change the water supply to the engines some, since its essentially just a free flow dump. If the engines have water pressure regulators on them I'd think you could use the dump from those to plumb into the reservoir and then out to the dump.


    Andrew

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Minerals in the water are gna clog your nozzles i think.i use only distilled water or washerfluid in my setup

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  7. #5
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1 View Post
    Minerals in the water are gna clog your nozzles i think.i use only distilled water or washerfluid in my setup
    Even with out the minerals, which will the F up the spray pattern from the nozzels in a heart beat, you'd still have to filter the hell out it just so you don't clog the nozzles with crud in the water. If your lucky, and a large home type filter might last until you need to replace it and clean the calcium and other minerals out the nozzles. maybe one outing at best.
    Nothing worse than being at full song and have a piece of sand clog a nozzle, and the next sound you hear is a piston go away.
    Not to mention the pumps are not designed to pull water thru a filter, so that means putting that shit water thru you injection pump before the filter. Then you have to determine the pressure drop the filter creates, and how that effects the spray from the nozzles. Dripping water into the manifold doesn't work worth a shit.
    Trying to save a dollar often ends up costing a few hundred in engine parts and lost boating time. If your lucky.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by gn7; 02-18-2014 at 01:51 PM.

  8. #6
    Senior Member ICDEDPPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Gn you just ruined all my dreams I`ll have to disagree with you on the mineral build up however.
    My plan was to run a safe set up, not dependent on the water injection. Have it come on at 5psi (only run about 6-7psi) only as extra measure of safety on those long Poker WOT runs. I was not going to tune it dependent on the water injection.
    I already have blow off valves that kick in at around 4K rpm, so loosing pressure will not be an issue. I do like your idea ap67et10. That makes sense.

  9. #7
    LP-25.com Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    16,861

    Default

    I'm not a fan of a system like that and the engine depending on it to live. Was talking to some OKC boys at the Starbird show this past weekend and they were using a system on a turbo car and will be putting another one on a turbo camaro. I asked him why? Why depend on that system for the engine to live when the easiest thing to do is run a fuel that's up to the task. He said he trusted the system.

    Anyway my round about point is why throw questionable water into the mix of things to go wrong.
    If For Some Reason I Do Something Worthy Of Recognition. God Provided The Ability And Deserves The Credit.


    QE 439 Twin Turbo

  10. #8
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Even with out the minerals, which will the F up the spray pattern from the nozzels in a heart beat, you'd still have to filter the hell out it just so you don't clog the nozzles with crud in the water. If your lucky, and a large home type filter might last until you need to replace it and clean the calcium and other minerals out the nozzles. maybe one outing at best.
    Nothing worse than being at full song and have a piece of sand clog a nozzle, and the next sound you hear is a piston go away.
    Not to mention the pumps are not designed to pull water thru a filter, so that means putting that shit water thru you injection pump before the filter. Then you have to determine the pressure drop the filter creates, and how that effects the spray from the nozzles. Dripping water into the manifold doesn't work worth a shit.
    Trying to save a dollar often ends up costing a few hundred in engine parts and lost boating time. If your lucky.
    Yep and he ll find that out the hard way.id buy a 5gal fuel cell and run 4gals of meth to 1gal of -20 washerfluid. if it were me

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  11. #9
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infomaniac View Post
    I'm not a fan of a system like that and the engine depending on it to live. Was talking to some OKC boys at the Starbird show this past weekend and they were using a system on a turbo car and will be putting another one on a turbo camaro. I asked him why? Why depend on that system for the engine to live when the easiest thing to do is run a fuel that's up to the task. He said he trusted the system.

    Anyway my round about point is why throw questionable water into the mix of things to go wrong.
    It works great and i agree the system itself can be trusted.after 2 seasons of playin with it i came to the conclusion it takes operator error to hurt a engine dependent on injection. i flow check my system start of each season to inspect injection pattern etc .. i do feel the water does kill power a bit that can be seen on a tach as well as felt.for that reason im doin away with the water part and making up its detonation control up with a air to water intercooler then injecting methanol after ic for more detonation control as well as lowering iat's even more..
    i get what you guys say about runnin the proper fuel but thats not something all of us can do.i cant afford race fuel and its tough nuff just to get ahold of 5gals of methanol for the injection setup.wld love a steady cheap supplier nearby so i cld run methanol as the main/only fuel but again just not gna happen where i live..pumpgas 93 can be pushed realllllly far if its helped along lol

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  12. #10
    Senior Member ICDEDPPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infomaniac View Post
    I'm not a fan of a system like that and the engine depending on it to live. Was talking to some OKC boys at the Starbird show this past weekend and they were using a system on a turbo car and will be putting another one on a turbo camaro. I asked him why? Why depend on that system for the engine to live when the easiest thing to do is run a fuel that's up to the task. He said he trusted the system.

    Anyway my round about point is why throw questionable water into the mix of things to go wrong.

    A 7:9 compression 540ci, 10-71, at 6-7psi isn`t going to be dependent on any meth or water to keep it alive


    Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
    My plan was to run a safe set up, not dependent on the water injection. Have it come on at 5psi (only run about 6-7psi) only as extra measure of safety on those long Poker WOT runs.
    Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 02-18-2014 at 06:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95