pump gas n 20 ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 4 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 751

Thread:
pump gas n 20 ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member BOYWONDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    155

    Default pump gas n 20 ?

    Have a few questions for the exsperts. Building a lake boat Cole runner bottom. Finally made my decision on route to go. Manifold is dart with induction solutions 2 stage setup (port) . Building motor around that system . What cubes ,rotating assembly ect. Was going to go a different route (blown e85) but want a pump gas deal that I can run around and then when I want to haul ass spray it down.... just looking for advice. Don't have any parts yet other than manifold, dry sump pan and system. Thnks.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOYWONDER View Post
    Have a few questions for the exsperts. Building a lake boat Cole runner bottom. Finally made my decision on route to go. Manifold is dart with induction solutions 2 stage setup (port) . Building motor around that system . What cubes ,rotating assembly ect. Was going to go a different route (blown e85) but want a pump gas deal that I can run around and then when I want to haul ass spray it down.... just looking for advice. Don't have any parts yet other than manifold, dry sump pan and system. Thnks.
    Who knows their system better that Steve Johnson? I sure he can tell you just how much compression you can get away for a given HP level.
    As far as cubes, its hard to beat 632ci based on a Dart 10.4" tall deck. Well, 700 ci based on a alum Donovan maybe.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  4. #3
    Senior Member BOYWONDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    155

    Default

    I know right Steve said 10.1 and spray with race gas. Cubes is personal preference he liked 540 I was thinkin 496. Anyway I'm starting from scratch. ...

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOYWONDER View Post
    I know right Steve said 10.1 and spray with race gas. Cubes is personal preference he liked 540 I was thinkin 496. Anyway I'm starting from scratch. ...
    496 you can build from any MKIV 4 bolt. The 540 will require a 502 block at the least, or an aftermarket block.
    You still haven't mention the HP of the spray. 600HP 496 and 500HP of spray will probably not last to long with a stock block.

    You have to make those decisions, or somebody here will spend your money on billet cranks and Oliver rods, 14* heads and anything else they can dream up.
    Did you have a rich aunt that died, or are you doing this on aluminum can recycling budget?

    Left up to some of us here, we can spend your money like a drunken sailor on shore leave with a stolen credit card.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by gn7; 02-20-2014 at 10:24 PM.

  7. #5
    Senior Member BOYWONDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Spray is 200hp or 400hp I guess I was lookin for what other people are using with success in lake boat application

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

  8. #6
    just a ski boat with bark Carnivalride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Derby, Kansas
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOYWONDER View Post
    Spray is 200hp or 400hp I guess I was lookin for what other people are using with success in lake boat application

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    10.2:1 bbc 489 with AFR aluminum heads and mild roller. Runs 36* timining on our local 91 octane pump. Pushes my Hondo into the low 100s pretty easily, na only. What class do you want to run? A well built pump gas 496 will run ME in a decent flat and spray should let you go TE.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Carnivalride, you really need to find some other hobby. You have no talent for this boat thing

  9. #7
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOYWONDER View Post
    . Was going to go a different route (blown e85) but want a pump gas deal that I can run around and then when I want to haul ass spray it down.... just looking for advice. .
    The blown E85 route would be a better way to go IMO if E85 is easily available in your area.
    Nitrous is the time payment plan power adder. After a few years you would have spent enough getting bottles refilled to get some real performance parts rather than "air"

    Calculate how many tanks of nitrous add up to what you would have into the blown E85 setup and the residual value of both systems.

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  10. #8
    Senior Member BOYWONDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Interesting. E85 is readily available around here. Very inconsistent though as far as being true e85. This boat is gonna spend most it's life away from shore so some mileage kind of comes into play. I know it's a hot rod but don't want to be a shore dweller. I have a limited amount of time to finish project have another child coming so have to get going. Thnks for all the advice it's really helpful...

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

  11. #9
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,470

    Default

    If the Dart is un-ported I'd do 540ci.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  12. #10
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOYWONDER View Post
    Interesting. E85 is readily available around here. Very inconsistent though as far as being true e85. This boat is gonna spend most it's life away from shore so some mileage kind of comes into play. I know it's a hot rod but don't want to be a shore dweller. I have a limited amount of time to finish project have another child coming so have to get going. Thnks for all the advice it's really helpful...

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Unless you're willing to risk turning your expensive engine into a pile of trash, I'd stay away form pump e85. JMO.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  13. #11
    Senior Member BOYWONDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    155

    Default

    10-4. I have talked to you before . I have notes from that convo. You stated that then. Only reason I was gonna go toward 496 is I have access to a good block and crank.but the 540 makes more sense for future tear down/adding hp ect.

  14. #12
    SDBA #819 vdrivegrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    276

    Default

    100mph lake boat is very respectable


    Quote Originally Posted by Carnivalride:2961226
    Quote Originally Posted by B. OYWONDER View Post
    Spray is 200hp or 400hp I guess I was lookin for what other people are using with success in lake boat application

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    10.2:1 bbc 489 with AFR aluminum heads and mild roller. Runs 36* timining on our local 91 octane pump. Pushes my Hondo into the low 100s pretty easily, na only. What class do you want to run? A well built pump gas 496 will run ME in a decent flat and spray should let you go TE.

  15. #13
    just a ski boat with bark Carnivalride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Derby, Kansas
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vdrivegrimes View Post
    100mph lake boat is very respectable
    Thanks it supposed to be competitive in the ME class but that has yet to be proven.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Carnivalride, you really need to find some other hobby. You have no talent for this boat thing

  16. #14
    Senior Member BOYWONDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    155

    Default

    I agree. Wasn't concerned about mph just want to accelerate realy hard hence the squeeze

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 4 11 51 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95