Six valve mech pump question
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread:
Six valve mech pump question

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default Six valve mech pump question

    How much HP would a six valve bbc mechanical pump support? The ones i have are the older holley 712-454-1 pumps, with the 1/2NPT in/out. These are the preset psi ones, that dont require a regulator. blown carb setup. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hly-712-454-1_w.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	509346  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mild Thunder View Post
    How much HP would a six valve bbc mechanical pump support? The ones i have are the older holley 712-454-1 pumps, with the 1/2NPT in/out. These are the preset psi ones, that dont require a regulator. blown carb setup. Thanks!
    They will support 1200 HP. The pressure has very to do with the volume have very little to do with the volume they will move. But you do have to pay attention the line size in and out. A -10 in enough if the line isn't too long with too may fittings. To -10s to a Tee or tank switching valve, and a -10 from there will work.

    a -8 to each side the carbs, split to feed the bowls on each side will suffice
    Either run the -8s from a Tee manifold like Teague sells that screws right into the pump, or run a -10 to a tee that splits into two -8s and then two -6s for the bowls.

    The secret is keeping the line size up.





    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by gn7; 04-03-2014 at 08:19 PM.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    They will support 1200 HP. The pressure has very to do with the volume have very little to do with the volume they will move. But you do have to pay attention the line size in and out. A -10 in enough if the line isn't too long with too may fittings. To -10s to a Tee or tank switching valve, and a -10 from there will work.

    a -8 to each side the carbs, split to feed the bowls on each side will suffice
    Either run the -8s from a Tee manifold like Teague sells that screws right into the pump, or run a -10 to a tee that splits into two -8s and then two -6s for the bowls.

    The secret is keeping the line size up.

    Awesome. I've always had good luck with these pumps in general. Love not having to use a regulator. Why on earth did holley stop making these ?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    I don't know why dropped them. Their new HI PO pumps are billet. Edelbrock dropped as well. But they are still made by Clay Smith, C&S, and Baker Engineering/ProCam and maybe one other.
    Baker Engineering is the only one I know of assembling them in the lower pressure configuration. But you can lower the pressure on any if them by removing the inner spring inside.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by gn7; 04-03-2014 at 10:14 PM.

  7. #5
    LP-25.com Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    16,861

    Default

    Buy the Clay smith pump. They are a great deal. I ran countless numbers of them and never an issue.
    If For Some Reason I Do Something Worthy Of Recognition. God Provided The Ability And Deserves The Credit.


    QE 439 Twin Turbo

  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infomaniac View Post
    Buy the Clay smith pump. They are a great deal. I ran countless numbers of them and never an issue.
    Can you get them in the low psi for no regulator, or do you need to remove a spring

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tri-Cities, TN
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    The Claysmith will support what you need. George has a nice fuel log/regulator that he does. Give them a call Monday.
    Chris Straub
    Straub Technologies

    3HP is an A$$ Whooping!!! JW

  10. #8
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Only Baker Engineering/ProCam sell a 7 1/2lb pump. Same pump Teague sells.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  11. #9
    LP-25.com Infomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    16,861

    Default

    I's always better to pump more fuel than you need and bypass what you don't need.
    If For Some Reason I Do Something Worthy Of Recognition. God Provided The Ability And Deserves The Credit.


    QE 439 Twin Turbo

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95