Pulstar Spark Plug
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 45

Thread:
Pulstar Spark Plug

  1. #1
    Senior Member VDRIVERACING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,640

    Default Pulstar Spark Plug

    The latest "miracle" in technology. On the other hand, if they're right... Thoughts?

    Last edited by VDRIVERACING; 02-01-2009 at 10:40 AM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VDRIVERACING View Post
    The latest "miracle" in technology. On the other hand, if they're right... Thoughts?

    Anytime you put new plugs in your engine it's likely to run a bit better and get better mileage. You can send all the voltage in the world to jump that spark plug gap, but in the end, it only takes as much energy as is needed. Marketing hype IMO.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  4. #3
    Boat Nut sleekcrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Elgin, Il.
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    A lot of the E 85 conversion kits suggest running these plugs, to help with cold starts.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    TEN THIRTY ONE RCB19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    At 25 bucks a piece I think I would look into a proven ignition system.
    RCB

  7. #5
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RCB19 View Post
    At 25 bucks a piece I think I would look into a proven ignition system.
    Bingo. In essence, all they're doing is upping the ignition system's capacity. The thing is, it only takes enough energy to jump the gap to overcome the resistance. Just because you have a 40K volt ignition system doesn't mean it's going to have a 40K volt spark. It may only take 10% of that current to pass through the resistance at the electrode. More fuel (boost or higher compression) or more difficult fuel to ignite, like alky, means more resistance and more current required to spark. Most modern ignition systems have plenty of energy and like Ross said, I'd be upgrading my ignition before I spent 25$ on a new plug. Hell, the factory replacement plugs in my new Mustang were $12 ea!
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  8. #6
    Cantard 71hallett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    snow bank
    Posts
    5,017

    Default

    If it isnt broke.....
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    It would be a balmy 85* in Steel's shop if he would move a little faster

  9. #7
    E-7 Sheepdog (ret) SmokinLowriderSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newton Ks.
    Posts
    6,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    Marketing hype IMO.
    Mine too.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken

    OBAMA: Some people deserve this.
    The rest of us are being dragged along kicking and screaming.

  10. #8
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VDRIVERACING View Post
    The latest "miracle" in technology. On the other hand, if they're right... Thoughts?
    Bill, only because I like you, I am going to tell you the path to quicker lap times...........get a heavier right shoe and remove the "chicken lever from your boat! It's not in plugs, float needles, miracle snake oils, voodoo, etc etc. It's this simple, floor the sum bitch and turn left when you get to the turn bouy!



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

  11. #9
    gn7
    gn7 is offline
    Senior Member gn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    Bingo. In essence, all they're doing is upping the ignition system's capacity. The thing is, it only takes enough energy to jump the gap to overcome the resistance. Just because you have a 40K volt ignition system doesn't mean it's going to have a 40K volt spark. It may only take 10% of that current to pass through the resistance at the electrode. More fuel (boost or higher compression) or more difficult fuel to ignite, like alky, means more resistance and more current required to spark. Most modern ignition systems have plenty of energy and like Ross said, I'd be upgrading my ignition before I spent 25$ on a new plug. Hell, the factory replacement plugs in my new Mustang were $12 ea!
    Any one who doesn't fully understand exactly what Steel posted, really owes it to themselves to read this book, by Dr. Jacobs, and you'll find out how little you really know about ignitions. Bottom line, the coil will only unload as much voltage as it takes to jump the gap and no more. Until you get into plasma technology like F-1, which requires bazillion $ plugs just to survive, all the voltage in the world is of no help once the gap is jumped. Now how long the spark lasts is another topic, but these POS's add nothing to the duration of the spark. Also, you ALL are aware of the fact that Split Fire had there asses sued off and had to stop their BS adds.



    100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by gn7; 11-03-2008 at 01:08 PM.

  12. #10
    Spiral out MikeF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,545

    Default

    gn7 is most correct on both posts!

  13. #11
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Any one who doesn't fully understand exactly what Steel posted, really owes it to themselves to read this book, by Dr. Jacobs, and you'll find out how little you really know about ignitions. Bottom line, the coil will only unload as much voltage as it takes to jump the gap and no more. Until you get into plasma technology like F-1, which requires bazillion $ plugs just to survive, all the voltage in the world is of help once the gap is jumped. Now how long the spark lasts is another topic, but these POS's add nothing to the duration of the spark. Also, you ALL are aware of the fact that Split Fire had there asses sued off and had to stop their BS adds.
    Thanks for putting it in more simple terms.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  14. #12
    Cantard 71hallett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    snow bank
    Posts
    5,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
    Thanks for putting it in more simple terms.
    Maybe these could be used as piston savers.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    It would be a balmy 85* in Steel's shop if he would move a little faster

  15. #13
    Spiral out MikeF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 71hallett View Post
    Maybe these could be used as piston savers.
    Nawww....they would ignite the mixture even quicker....leading to more holes in more pistons.

  16. #14
    Senior Member Bubbletop409's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Castro Valley, State of Insanity
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VDRIVERACING View Post
    The latest "miracle" in technology. On the other hand, if they're right... Thoughts?

    A set of these and a turbonator would definately put you in the 7 second zone..........naught! MORE SNAKEOIL
    Larry

    62 Bel-Air 409
    260 Eagle XP HP500EFI
    2016 Corvette Z51
    79 Cole TR-2 Sunset Racecraft 565 (RIP Tracy)
    Remember in November
    Well done USN Seal Team 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95